Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions
We have been investigating cases of distributed denial of services (DDoS) over the last week. We take these reports extremely seriously. We're actively monitoring the situation internally and with our partners to gather as much information as possible and identify trends.

We are terribly sorry to those who have been affected by these attacks- we understand the impact this has on you. We are taking every appropriate measure to ensure the safety of our players.

We encourage our players to report to us any cases of DDoS, as well as any other form of inappropriate or abusive behaviour in the game. In the meantime, we encourage you to stay safe and follow best practices for online safety.

Self care now deserves a buff

ilovedbd123ilovedbd123 Member Posts: 1,917
edited November 26 in Feedback and Suggestions

Due to COH basically doing everything self care does but better, self care needs some sort of boost.

A suggestion could be:

Endurance for 5s after fully healing with self care.

Increased speed from now, making it better on you than COH is, as it's for the whole team.

Or even making it increase your healing speed from things like madness, sickness (plague) or mending.

It needs a buff, because COH is just it but better rn

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• Mat_SellaMat_Sella Member Posts: 2,641

the buff Self-Care deserves is deletion

• ilovedbd123ilovedbd123 Member Posts: 1,917

Either way, COH is a teamwide self care. Self care needs a buff to keep up with it

You may think that, but if they sped up self care so it took 1/2 the time it does now would it be better?

• RainehDazeRainehDaze Member Posts: 355

Anything that would make Self-Care faster is:

A) a horrifying buff to CoH on top of a buff to Self-Care

and

B) would mean that if CoH is nerfed, we still have a buffed healing option doing the same thing.

I'm saying that since we see no indication of a COH nerf, the perk that does less than COH (self care) could use a buff to make it somewhat useful. Even if it's just the time it takes to heal

Well what if it sped up healing from mending, snapping out of it and purging in a fountain?

And imo the issue with COH isn't the healing speed, it's that it's teamwide. Self care would only be for you, and take up a slot.

• LabracLabrac Applicant Posts: 824

Nah. Self Care per se is not a bad perk, it provides the same time efficiency of a normal healing (32 seconds of a single survivor instead of 16 of two). The problem is people who don't know how to use it, just like some people don't know how to use COH.

What about this is a joke? COH does everything self care does better, and for the whole team.

Why can't it then be buffed to ensure that it atleast has some sort of use that COH doesn't provide. Whether that be healing faster, or healing different things faster

But also, COH is teamwide. That's what I'm saying, it's a self care for all survivors.

Self care should at least be faster than it, if that means buffing self care slightly, or nerfing COH speed idm, but this is just my take on what could be a buff to it, because either way it needs to do something either different or better than COH

• EntitySpawnEntitySpawn Member Posts: 1,905

And let's quadruple sloppy then.

Seriously being able to heal yourself is the strongest thing in the game and honestly kills killer. Survivors already have the advantages giving them all infinite medkits is putting DBD to a grave.

Im also fine with a buff to sloppy.

But I was just saying COH does everything self care does but better, so they should change/buff it to accommodate

• Marc_go_soloMarc_go_solo Member Posts: 2,237

Buffing perks isn't what's needed, because then you get into a difficult balancing act. Nerfing powerful perks is a better option since there are fewer of them, so fewer alterations.

I hear what you said earlier on another post about there being no sign of COH being nerfed, but since there are neither plans for Self Care to buff and COH to nerf, reducing the power pf the stronger perk would be a better balancing suggestion out of the 2. Buffing 1 perk won't really alter any metas, but nerfing would perhaps make people think about diversifying more.

IMO BHVR needs to look at reducing the effectiveness of overly-powerful perks, and changing significant sections of the game, like map rng. It needs a shake down.

• EntitySpawnEntitySpawn Member Posts: 1,905

Well I honestly don't care about the game anymore, after 5 years I stopped playing a few weeks back. Issue is killer is forced to run perks to try fix base game issues especially at the higher rank.

But COH actually takes blessing time and doesn't provide the healing item efficiency. It also requires a totem which may take time to find even if only a few seconds, it all adds up.

COH is only better due to the range and affecting everyone. Range should be nerfed imo but like I said I stopped playing because its already not in my favour at a high level and I'm not allowed to play in a fun way without being punished

The issue with COH is that it's self care for a team. Make it weak and it'll be even more scarce than self care.

Make it on par with self care and it'll be brought a lot as it's self care for an entire team.

Very difficult to balance, and ive been worried about boon totems since the idea was brought up.

• LabracLabrac Applicant Posts: 824
    edited November 25

"Self Care should at least be faster than it". So you think survivors should not only able to heal themselves without a medkit, but also heal faster than 16 seconds? It would be busted as hell.

I hate COH and imo it deserves a hard nerf, but you can't just ignore the downsides: having to look for a totem, spending 14 seconds blessing it (or 24 if it's a hex) and then the risk of the killer snuffing it out before it becomes time efficient.

If anything Self Care is a bit more consistent if you're on solo queue.

Fair,a range nerf to COH will damage it, but it'll still be a teamwide heal. Make it slower healing then self care, and see how many people bring it.

It does far too much for one perk slot. Multiple of them (2/3) mean basically you get self care everywhere, and that's not ok

Yet again, COH is a teamwide heal. It takes 25s to set up at most (giving 10s to find a totem) and whilst more effective in SWF, its as effective in solo queue as self care (with a bit of time needed to set it up) and it's teamwide.

I'm fine with a nerf to COH to make it take longer to heal with it due to its range and being teamwide.

But self care, as it's only self usable, should be faster than it.

• Dino7281Dino7281 Member Posts: 1,994

So does Inner healing.

Should we give Inner healing infinite charges like CoH?

No, we should just nerf CoH, because it's broken.

CoH should never be used as standard for balancing.

Inner healing doesn't do TEAMWIDE HEALS!!!!

And sure, I'm down to a nerf to COH's speed. But imo a teamwide self care on a single perk is way too powerful, no matter the range.

• Marc_go_soloMarc_go_solo Member Posts: 2,237

Currently also, COH acts less like Self-care and more a medkit, in terms of speed. Cutting COH to the same speed as Self-care would be something, considering survivors would need to gather by the Boon with COH, whilst Self-care has the luxury of being used anywhere, anytime.

I imagine if Self-care woupd be boosted to COH value then COH would rarely be used as it's less reliable. Also, in order to balance against the killer, overpowering Self-care may result in boosted heals for days. The balance would be too wonky.

Likewise, with how you see it, Boons are currently too strong in terms of that they can continuously be made. I would actually be all for boosted totems with obscene strengths if - like Hexes - they could only be used on one totem, but when snuffed out that's it. Even happy if killers took more time to snuff a totem, or only could find them with the visual blue glow amd not the sound!

In turn, that mechanic could also work for survivors, like an endgame Boon which lights up to reveal all auras of survivors once the last gen hits, or lights up after x amount of gens are done to boost something. One-time only uses could lead to more diverse plays.

• Dino7281Dino7281 Member Posts: 1,994

No, I meant it like: Inner Healing is also way worse than CoH

I have no idea who thought it is good idea to give this for whole team, it would be really good even if it worked only for owner imo.

• Tr1nityTr1nity Member Posts: 1,724

One surv perk is better than another so we need to buff the other surv perk?

Friends, I believe this is called “power creep”

• GeneralVGeneralV Member Posts: 5,663

COH needs a nerf.

And Self-Care really needs a buff, and a simple one at that: when using Self-Care, the amount of charges required to complete a healing action is reduced from 16 to 12 charges.

And suddenly...Self-Care is restored to its former glory.

• Nathan13Nathan13 Member Posts: 3,889

Self care is fine.

• vacamanvacaman Member Posts: 1,115

Lol no, what needs a nerf is CoH. It's just powercreep of a perk that was fine.

• Nathan13Nathan13 Member Posts: 3,889

Any other healing mechanic shouldn’t stack to COH. Or slow down the healing speed.