Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

Self care now deserves a buff

2»

Comments

• Nathan13Nathan13 Member Posts: 4,321

sometimes I have to run self care in solo so I don’t have to wait for a teammate to heal me. But I do run it with botany because it takes forever to heal with sloppy.

• Bennett_They1ThemBennett_They1Them Member Posts: 1,780

probably an unpopular opinion, but I really agree with you.

I personally don't use self care, since there are better options through inner strength and CoH.

I think CoH needs to not have healing speeds stack, and if you heal yourself, it should take at least 25% longer.

but, yeah, the endurance thing feels smart for self care, or, at least something.

• MarigoriaMarigoria Member Posts: 3,512
  • PhasmamainPhasmamain Member Posts: 8,613

24 seconds is problematic because that makes it more efficient than healing each other. Especially when combined with botany.

The perk does need a buff though

• GeneralVGeneralV Member Posts: 6,073

Self-Care wasn't a problem back then tho, and that is precisely how it used to be...12 charges instead of 16.

• PhasmamainPhasmamain Member Posts: 8,613

Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t self care like the no1 meta perk back then?

• GeneralVGeneralV Member Posts: 6,073

Depends on when you are.

Self-Care was only the number 1 meta during the very early days, when it made you heal at 80% of the regular healing speed, instead of 50%.

Otherwise, DS was the strongest.

• MylaMyla Member Posts: 1,548

Your buff suggestions are so wild that there's no way you're serious but you are. Wow.

• bm33bm33 Member Posts: 5,206

Self Care is fine. You can heal anywhere on the map, you don't need to search/bless a totem, and the killer can't snuff your perk mid-heal.

• coldestwinter123coldestwinter123 Member Posts: 77

im glad that most of the comments are on the same page. Self care and Self healing is the most dumbest thing Survivors have. Because if you would need to ALWAYS find a teammate to heal, it would basically give a chance to killer to find you injured. Aswell as it would take longer because you need to link up with your teammate. It doesn't reward altruistic or teamplay, its simply a way to have more individual power, its a 100% vertical slice in terms of power with literally almost non existent interaction with the game. Crawling in a corner and holding M1.

Circle of healing should be nerfed, Self-care shouldn't be power creeped.

• ilovedbd123ilovedbd123 Member Posts: 1,931

So the suggestion of it healing things like deep wound faster is a joke?

Or did you mean one of the 3 suggestions I brought fourth, being a faster self care,makes this all a joke? Maybe you should read it all if that's what you think.

Again, my main point was that self care needs to be better at one thing than COH, as they're both perks that focus around healing, so what's the point in having them both it one does the exact same but objectively better. There is multiple ways to buff it, and adjusting the time it takes to heal with SC/COH is one of them.

So you just chose to be ignorant and focus on one of the 3 points.

Wow.

• MilesMiles Member Posts: 447

Increase the item efficiency it gives.

• TeabaggingGhostfaceTeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 1,014

Granted, it now has another 1% medkit efficiency

I like how you conveniently assumed things on your own.

Wow.

Yes, Adding endurance status effects on Self care. What could go wrong. I'm sure it won't be abused.

Lmao increasing healing speed on Self care. Giving everyone near common medkits and can heal at all times. Another good idea.

Why would it increase healing speed on those interactions? Makes no sense. Again all joke ideas.

• AnneBonnyAnneBonny Member Posts: 856

we absolutely do not need to buff a healing perk

• LeonxJiwoonLeonxJiwoon Member Posts: 455

Well I for one wouldnt mind the coh of heal nerf if self care get buffed, Circle is mighty strong in SWF yes but in solo queue? Oh no you better best believe am running self care in solo queue nope, either there mikaelas who dont even run boons, or as usual your injured and you unhook someone as the killer is busy with someone else, they run off without healing you after you heal them. Self care still trumps Circle solo queue wise imo with good old botany knowledge/spine chill.

• sizzlingmario4sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 533

Self care is fine. COH is busted and needs a nerf.

One perk being op doesn’t mean you should take a similar perk and make it stronger.

Adding endurance could be abused your correct, but what if it was for a short period of time 3/4/5s. Could be waited out like bt as you literally just saw them heal up in front of you. If that's too much for your small Brain to keep track of bud, I feel sorry for you.

Or you could downscale the healing of COH, which you conveniently left out, read what I said pal.

Also, what do you mean "makes no sense"?. All of them would be a form of the literal word "self care". Looking after your own mental state-"self care", being injured and healing yourself/bandaging yourself- "self care", bleeding heavily and trying to stop the bleeding (deep wound)- again "self care". How would this not make sense.

From what I can tell, you have very few well thought out criticisms other than to fall back on insulting my proposition. And there was no convenient assumptions, just logical conclusions, you said nothing about any of the other points (and since people usually bring out their strongest points first) you therefore had nothing to say.

• throwaway79465468797throwaway79465468797 Member Posts: 618
    edited November 2021

If they make it so some of these perks can only be equipped once per survivor team, then I could see self-care being buffed. Buffing self-care to compete with a team-wide healing ability, so that all teams can have a similar effect... no, I'm sorry, it's not happening.

So unless CoH and Self-Care are 1 perk per team, might as well forget it

• BrokenSouIBrokenSouI Member Posts: 4,022

Wrong. COH needs a NERF to bring it in line with something like self care. Stop this

• ViamontViamont Member Posts: 288

The fact one perk its better than other doesnt meen a previous similar one should be buffed.

For starters CoH its busted, it needs to have its numbers toned down BIG time, specially considering that both perks work togheter.

Self care its fine as it is, boon and specially CoH need a nerf.

• Kira4EvrKira4Evr Member Posts: 1,247

Did someone say... Self-Care buff? :O

• ReikoMoriReikoMori Member Posts: 1,877

That's not how game balance works and the reason self-care functions the way it does is because generally speaking, uncapped healing speed makes things more difficult for killers that rely on hit and run. COH needs to be scaled back to be in line with Self-Care's numbers and bonus limitations. Not the other way around.

Wait it out still means it's ridiculously strong or you can still make a play on hooks against One shot killers since Endurance doesn't cancel on unhooking. People keep saying wait out Dead hard but if the Survivor is good it's not really a viable option. Same for BT. If you could wait out BT it means the survivor was dumb to begin with. Didn't have any other options in his mind in case things went south. Hypothetically if you wait out the endurance then you're left with a Healthy survivor instead on a Good tiles. Good luck being an M1 killer Sorry that you play against low skilled Survivor hence you have no imagination when it comes to these "buffs".

Downscale the healing of COH? I always said they should remove the perk to begin with lmao.

Ah yes. Let's add a hard counter to already low tier killers that destroy their passives - their only way to delay the game on a Perk that's statistically the most used perk. Very well thought out.

Self care wouldn't be a "hard counter", it could even speed up it by maybe 20/30%. Just giving it something another perk doesn't do.

And the thing about allowing you to get free hooks saves is wrong, it doesn't protect the one your unhooking, so if they're an idiot they'll just farm their teammate. Also you can still grab through endurance, or have you forgotten that mechanic? It would mostly be abused mid chase, but if you can self care- at its current speed- mid chase you deserve it. Maybe 99ing it might be a problem, but that's the only issue with the endurance idea I can think of.

It is a hard counter do you not realize how fast it is if you speed it by 30%? Are you alright? Lmfao.

There's a thing called borrowed time mate. Are you seriously grasping at straws here? Have you forgotten that perk? You both get out alive at a basement. Ah, Yes. The grab mechanic where only low skill survivors like you only know that get grabbed lmao.

No you don't deserve to self care and get endurance mid chase. That's dumb af. It's free invulnerability against one shot killers. I mess up? Ooops dead hard. I mess up again? Oops self care - respect it and now I'm in a better situation so we can play the chase game again.

I play a lot of Survivor at top of the skill ceiling and you're suggestions are Wack.

You talked about an instance of someone saving someone else of hook. If you can't grab them when they're right in front of you unhooking someone, then it's your skill level that may need to be checked bud.

Self caring mid chase is near impossible, unless the killer has already ######### up so majorly that the survivor has time to stand still for (and correct me if I'm wrong about timings) 16-18s. And to correct the issue of 99'ing it, just make it so the bar depreciates every second, so that they constantly either have to waste time or just heal to full..

I played (I'm on a break rn, so idk what rank I'd be) at top levels of both survivor and killer bud, and trust me when I say this. A small endurance of 3-5s is not gonna be game breaking with some of the suggestions (such as a depreciating self care bar) that I have made.

But again, sit on your high horse rather than thinking ######### through.