Home Dead by Daylight Forums Optimization

FPS Drops In Character Customization Menu, Continues Into Matches

ChordycepsChordyceps Member Posts: 932

I play on PC, Specifically an HP Omen laptop. Since the new winter update, I occasionally experience FPS drops while in the character customization menu. I can complete a match completely fine, but when I get out of the match, my frame rate drops. This frame rate drop continues into the pre-game lobby screen, and into the actual match as well. The FPS drops so low that it is immediately noticeable. I'm not sure what the FPS number would be specifically, but it's slideshow level bad, making the game completely unplayable.

Sometimes this issue can be solved by quitting and relaunching the game, but sometimes I need to restart my entire laptop to make the issue go away.

3 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• pablo37pablo37 Member Posts: 1

Hi! I had a similar issue on my laptop around the same dates, but I noticed it happened to other games and apps too. I had frame drops up to 1 FPS, I noticed that GPU usage would go down to less than 1% at a random time in DBD, and in the end it turned out to be an issue with Intel UHD Graphics driver.

I downgraded Intel UHD Graphics to version 27.20.100.8476, and that worked for me.

Hope this works out for you too, but maybe it's an unrelated issue, I don't even know if you also have Intel Graphics.