Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Why I Find Survivor Side More Stressful

I think playing killer is hard. I think the odds are stacked against you. But when it comes to stress, nothing gets me more tense then playing survivor. I grit my teeth. My heart beats quicker. I can feel the panic within me.

I believe this is because as a survivor, I might not make it to the end of the game. There's a chance I could be eliminated. And that chance not only relies on me and my ability to evade a killer set on murdering me, but on the cooperation of a team of three other individuals, strangers.

As a killer, I can get frustrated. I can get upset. But I know I'm going to be there at the end of the trial. I know the survivors can't hurt me. I know I am faster and stronger than them. This brings me comfort and I am not clenching my teeth or having my heart race.

Anyways, just thought I'd share.

Comments

• ReikoMoriReikoMori Member Posts: 2,152

You might be in the minority of players, which is not a bad thing. Means you still have some sort of emotional response that isn't apathy and stress headaches from playing killer yet.

• StarLostStarLost Member Posts: 5,340

Interesting. We have a completely opposite reaction.

Survivor to me is pretty low stress. If I make a mistake, I've got 3 other people that can cover for it. I've got a lot of free time to do things and very little decision making to worry about. I never groan because I got a bad map or had a bunch of survivors switch to their items at the last second. This is partially why I find the role to be something of a chore.

Killer on the other hand is very stressful, but a lot more interesting. I'm constantly having to make decisions, take risks and get everything out of the time I have.

• PizzasaucePizzasauce Member Posts: 940

Oh don't get me wrong - I think killer is by far the more interesting role. So many different powers and perks to mix and match - very exciting! But the most stress I get honestly comes from bm's...they frustrate the hell out of me and I know they shouldn't and that frustrates me even more. Sure genrushs and 0-1 or 2ks are not the greatest feeling in the world, but as of now, I can take it in stride and just move on to the next match where I have confidence I can do better. If not, well, onto the next one!

(Please keep in mind I've only been playing since October so I'm not totally jaded yet)