Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

MMR Solo Hell

Ghouled_MojoGhouled_Mojo Member Posts: 1,850

I must’ve been playing really bad lately because when I’m playing survivor it feels like my teammates are relatively new. Lots of hiding behind a rock while you do a gen nearby or they constantly hesitate to unhook another teammate or myself. Lots of running the killer straight to the gen being worked on.

I’ve had my ups and downs with solo but something happened and it’s either that I started sucking more than usual or MMR has decided I am to be put in the 9th layer of match making Hell.

Comments

• SleepyWilloSleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,130

What I hate about this new MMR system is how it punishes new players.

I started on a new account with a friend and its infuriating. Your teammates do literally nothing and because of that it's impossible to do 5 gens and loop the killer at the same time. Which means your mmr won't increase which means you're getting the terrible teammates constantly. The only way out of that hell is with SWF and then what's the point of going back to solo?

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 5,871

If we go by the way the new MMR works, doesn't their MMR go up if they escape?

A lot of the bad players get to escape because they were carried during the match. Not accounting for their actions and overall chase skill level.

• SleepyWilloSleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,130
    edited January 1

Would it be better for survivor mmr to go off the old emblem system then? and keep killer as is or...?

I've had a few games as killer where the group attempted to bully me, ignoring gens and wanting to die not escape... I killerld all but two and forced them to either do gens or dc. If they wanted to make me miserable I was sure to make them miserable too >.<

• ImBrakingBikeImBrakingBike Member Posts: 454

I feel your pain. I've been trying to get the old Nancy & Steve achievements, I'm trying to do it now that I already secured the 250,000 BPs for the Iri 1 so I'm going into matches with only two generic perks. I don't expect much from the matches but man, twice I had randoms unhook me right next to the killer, to the ground again and dead. In another match a Claudette that started AFK, insta downed, I saved her and she ran away before I could heal her. Same match, a Jake hiding in the lockers for several minutes (I didn't notice, the killer told me in the post-game chat).

• fogdonkeyfogdonkey Member Posts: 1,510

You are too good, that's why you get noob teammates. You are raising up the team average. The killer is somewhere in between.

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 5,601

I've been having a similar experience. I sincerely hope this is a bug. I've started to play extremely boring/selfish and run perks to aid in getting me out in emergencies. Wake Up and Left Behind have actually come in clutch a few times over the last couple days.