Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
We will shortly be deploying a hotfix to the PTB to potentially address the Save Game Errors that some players were facing. Please update your PTB build when the update is available and let us know of any issues. Thank you.

Bubba lost face

Comments

• HeartboundHeartbound Member Posts: 3,256

I think since we have so many survivors now that most of the original four weren't getting played and they didn't want to make a face for each original survivor. I get that the official answer is to save people from hurt feelings but pretty sure Leatherface is still going to tunnel and facecamp you. That's what he do.

They really should up the iri shard gift to 9k shard just in case someone wants to buy another killer and switch mains though. People that grinded out all the masks are going to be rightfully upset.

• NoelleMinaNoelleMina Member Posts: 638

You’re not understanding.

Some Smartface Bubbas were harassing black creators and people who played black characters.

They’re the ones who used it to re-create the whole blackface problem and target people with it.

Unless elves are real, there’s a good reason this cosmetic is being removed.

• BrokenbonesBrokenbones Member Posts: 3,438

The claudette mask (or smart face as it's known in game) was the main one causing issues as certain players were using it in conjunction with other things to target players of certain races and ethnicities. The mask also became synonymous with toxicity since the players who use it were often just that

The other masks, except for maybe the jake mask (I'm not really sure), never really caused an issue but I think BHVR just wants to be done with the whole discussion so removing all of the masks is much more straight forward and less likely to cause as much backlash compared to if they just removed the claudette mask.

• Slaughterhouse3Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 760

I sadly have lol....people in this community can be ridiculous. I have that I have autism on my profile and my god I had to remove it because of how people are in this game. 😏 a little trash talk is fine but people take it way too far.

• nicnc82nicnc82 Member Posts: 344
    edited January 4

Nope. Only fair to remove them ALL if they removed one.

I'm glad they removed them all.

• SimfelizSimfeliz Member Posts: 1,616

Who is "you people" What do you actually mean by that?

If you actually think there is nothing wrong with racially targeting and harassing people I really don't have anything else to say to you.

• The_C12H15NO2The_C12H15NO2 Member Posts: 273

I didn't even know this was a thing. I never saw any streamer bring it up or saw a forum post on the issue. It seems like they just listened to less then 1% of the community who experienced something by removing a cool idea from everyone. Leatherface wearing the face of his victims is part of his lore.

• IamFranIamFran Member Posts: 1,103
    edited January 4

EDIT:

Post edited by IamFran on
  • Dennis_van_eijkDennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,522

Unfortunately bhvr will go overboard most of the time when forums get bombarded with the same posts.

Look at ruin, spirit, nurse, ruin/undying, and I'm sure i forgot a lot more.

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 19,368

I wish that instead of them being outright removed we instead got them changed to objects of the survivor's clothing that Bubba wears instead (since he does take and wear trinkets of his victims too, so it remains lore consistent while removing all of the problematic elements I can see), however I also don't have an issue with this either. I didn't feel either way, but my black friends were incredibly uncomfortable with it, so I was here to advocate for it's removal using the points they've made because they're far more knowledgeable in the topic than I am.

• Tr1nityTr1nity Member Posts: 4,935

I would take shards over a killer I rarely play any day.

• RespawnRespawn Member Posts: 58

This is frustrating, I came on to make a post about it after hearing about the removal, it took me some time to get all four faces and now BHVR is taking them from me? for 6k shards?? LOL, Absurd. Maybe work on the toxic issue. I dont even use the faces except for bragging rights. I want other faces please, thank you.

• KasamskyKasamsky Member Posts: 230

so i guess they won huh

• FirelliusFirellius Member Posts: 1,983

Surely the cosmetic isn't the problem here, though?

I think there's bigger issues with that behaviour than the racist's wardrobe.

• Leachy_JrLeachy_Jr Member Posts: 1,792
    edited January 4

Its really dumb tbh I want them ba-

Wait SIX THOUSAND iri shards? Hell yea.

I'm about to make a stereotypical annoying twitter account and advocate to get more stuff removed if we get 6k iri shards in return.

EDIT: Also this will not do anything to stop harassment, if anything it's fuled it because it's shown that they care.

• Mat_SellaMat_Sella Member Posts: 3,044

I'll take the shards, the masks were dumb.

• OniWantsYourMacaroniOniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,833

Yeah that makes sense.Quite a shame because i liked the masks but i understand.

Thanks 👍

• SkerpiTwitchSkerpiTwitch Member Posts: 327

Hypocrits, you are not removing homophobic and racist names from players. Nor Clicky clicky, Nor Hackers. So far from reality this company, its unbelievble.

• Science_GuyScience_Guy Member Posts: 1,636

I've not seen it either. I only follow a handful of people in the DBD community and none of them would have encountered this.

However, that doesn't mean it wasn't happening or wasn't a legitimate issue. I can't say I'm bothered by their response to this.

• Tr1nityTr1nity Member Posts: 4,935

I’m pretty sure people with epileptic conditions are supposed to check with a physician to see if they should be playing a game.

• Rizzo90Rizzo90 Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 12,517

I think the focus here is removing tools that facilitate a certain behavior.

This discussion has been closed.