Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Which Build Would Net Me the Most Points? Survivor or Killer?

Title

Here are the builds:

Survivor:

We're Going to Live Forever/Prove Thyself/Borrowed Time/Deliverance

Killer (Clown):

BBQ & Chili/Jolt/Brutal Strength/Save the Best for Last

I'm not sure which to spend my precious BP on. Help!

Comments

• Tr1nityTr1nity Member Posts: 4,855

Killer gives more BP.

• PizzasaucePizzasauce Member Posts: 940

Thank you! I wasn't sure with the Altruism from survivors.

• OpenXOpenX Member Posts: 890

It's always easier to get 4x BBQ than 4x WGLF. 4x WGLF involves throwing the game or getting yourself killed alot of the time; on top of killer just getting more BP in general.

Oh, really? I've never used it before, just thought the build looked interesting.

And while I've got your all's attention, Jolt is the rename to Surge, correct?

• glitchboiglitchboi Member Posts: 5,408
    edited January 5

BBQ alone always tops off any survivor bloodpoint build, unless you use Escape Cakes/Party Streamers/Cakes in general on your survivor bp build.

Post edited by glitchboi on
  • OpenXOpenX Member Posts: 890

Survivor stacks are way too reliant on your team and the killer. Your team can suicide, DC, the killer can get stomped and get 0 hooks, etc etc. 4x unhooks is a ton; especially if you are competing with other survivors for them.

You will usually need to position yourself early for the unhooks, or take needless protection hits for stacks (aka the throwing thing I was talking about).

Alot of the time the last stack or so you can only get through a trade and killing yourself; and it's usually worth it purely from a time/BP perspective so as I said it gets you killed.

• LaluziLaluzi Member Posts: 3,173

Killer, always and under basically every circumstance. Survivor points are badly portioned out - it's very rare that you'll be able to max out all your categories, because all of your teammates are filling different roles, competing for point opportunities in Objective and Altruism, and one category - Survival - has almost no opportunities to earn points outside escaping. Killer is the only player on their team, so they'll tend to fill up all of their categories evenly and can reliably max or near-max everything as long as the match isn't extremely short and one-sided. The only issue is Devious, which some killers (Pig, Myers, Plague, possibly Cenobite) have bad points or capped opportunities to fill it up. That isn't an issue on most killers.

It's also easier to get 4 stacks of BBQ than it is 4 stacks of WGLF.

Oh wow. I feel dumb for even asking now.