Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

How on earth is CoH not being nerfed?

13»

Comments

• IrisoraIrisora Member Posts: 1,326

This mentality of the devs has always ruined the experience for veteran players.. There is no logic in balancing the game around new players, wich other online game do this? I can't think of any. 

Baby survivors and baby killers have and must learn to play and adapt or leave if they don't like it. "This holding hands" mentally from the devs needs to stop.

I remember when there was no icon indicator for any hex for example, and now you just walk by a totem and boom you magically know the killer have undying..

The times when you had to guess or remember thing was better than this circus of a game. DBD is becoming more like a "playground with the killers" than what originally was sadly.

• sizzlingmario4sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 2,695

I always found it dumb that undying gives itself away. No point running it with devour because it's just a big red flag, aka smart survivors will go "the killer has undying, they probably have devour since there's no other hex perk in play I don't already know about, which I wouldn't have guessed without the knowledge of undying".

Same thing with retribution. I get that it has to if you touch a totem because it makes you oblivious but it also warns you when your aura gets revealed which is silly (unless retribution itself is cleansed first, in that case it actually doesn't).

Other aura reading perks that aren't hexes don't do this, I feel like they only did it because of the cursed status effect. Imagine if perks like BBQ and Nurse's warned the survivors whenever they triggered.

• IrisoraIrisora Member Posts: 1,326
    edited January 6

As things are going... It wouldn't surprise me if the devs give survivors a warn in the hud everytime their aura are being revealed for free. With the last patches, DBD has reached the pinnacle of meaningless for me.

• kate_best_girlkate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

Im sorry but unlike lucky break we literally get a COH every single game. Everyone is in pretty much pure agreement COH is extremely OP and demolishes most killers.

• BloodwebsBloodwebs Member Posts: 97

@kate_best_girl agreed. I played quite a bit of killer and Lucky Break was not used after the buff as much as Circle Healing is being used around these current times.

• hikenhiken Member Posts: 889

why would we nerf them if killers still win in average most of their games.

• DyingWish92DyingWish92 Member Posts: 365

But yet dead hard stays untouched when 9/10 survs use it.

• gilgamergilgamer Member Posts: 1,955

Unfortunately this likely won't work at least not immediately since it would take a large amount of killers to quite worldwide to actually affect anything, it would also take killers of many skill levels to quit too since they can just broaden the MMR range for killers and as long as new players keep joining they would just have to wait it out and nothing would change. Plus I honestly don't think BHVR has a side bias I think they just have no clue what they're doing.

• MunqaxusMunqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

Being used by a lot does not indicate it's overpowered.

It's used a lot because it does something other exhaustion perks don't. It lets you dodge insta-down abilities. No other perk allows that. Maybe if there were some other perks that allows players to counter insta-down abilities. Those would be used.

It's like Decisive Strike. There's no other perk that allows you to counter tunneling, except Decisive Strike.

Borrowed Time, there's no other perk that allows you to counter camping, except Borrowed Time.

These perks aren't "Meta", these perks are the only tools survivors have to counter certain things. Survivors are forced to run them, or they can't even play the game sometimes.

• BloodwebsBloodwebs Member Posts: 97

So I’ve read the new nerf notes. The CoH healing speed being nerfed still does not address the core problem of the boon perk being - unlimited uses… and on insanely large maps like RPD, eerie of crows, etc. it’s pretty game-changing.

hopefully the developers are looking at giving the survivors a limited amount of stacks or proper cool-down so that this perk isn’t busted for many killers anymore…