Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Trying to write a positive Discussion failed

MineguyMineguy Member Posts: 318

I looked over my last posts and they where all negative. So I tried to talk think about something positive but...nothing comes in my mind. There isn't anything positive that changed. And when something changed for the better it was only because we had to make posts about it for Months/Years.

This game right now is...

A boring mess that doesn't get new exciting content. It's always the same. New killer? How about the 5th anti chase killer in a row. Perks? Anti gen perks or loop perks. Gameplay changes? Nothing interesting.

A buggy mess that gets with every update more and more problems instead of fixing them.

A mind destroying mess. Try to play killer with mmr and swf and you A) want to deinstall after one round or B) play only survivor.

A grinding mess. The events are a joke to get bloodpoints. With every update we get more and more perks and more and more to grind.

Comments

• GannTMGannTM Member Posts: 9,637

I don’t think it’s exactly true, but I do at the same time. My last thread about Spirit was supposed to be encouraging people to play her and it blew up. It mainly blew up because someone was trying to claim I was annoying for my Spirit threads and a few people were defending me against them.

I think what I’m trying to say is, even positive threads can get publicity, but people like drama so much that they’ll find something to make it a negative discussion, which will in turn give it a better chance to get publicity. It’s very sad that the forums are like that.

• Tricksters_WifeTricksters_Wife Member Posts: 545

If you're annoying for your Spirit threads then I'm definitely annoying when it comes to my Trickster threads. Honestly surprised I haven't gotten the same sort of "annoying" label yet for how much I talk and talk about Trickster.

But for real, keep talking about Spirit. Who cares if it causes some distaste? I personally love seeing others talk about their dedicated mains <3

• GannTMGannTM Member Posts: 9,637

Oh yeah I definitely am not worried about it, just trying to make a point about how people turn positive e discussions into negative discussions. You should definitely keep talking about Trickster.

• tippy2k2tippy2k2 Member Posts: 3,671

Oh it's not impossible for a positive thread to gain traction and I would encourage people to do more positive threads.

But if it bleeds it leads isn't just for the news. People are going to gravitate towards being able to complain because complaining is more fun and feels better (in the short term at least) than than positivity. It's much easier to tear something down than it is to build something up.

• VeinslayVeinslay Member Posts: 1,310

If you're woke, you got Leatherface's masks removed and did your part to make the world a better place, so that's something I guess

• YatolYatol Member Posts: 1,481
    edited January 15

I like SBMM but unfortunately the implementation is flawed.

I like the getting free bloodpoints, it helps with the frustrating grind that the devs refuse to remove perk tiers since they are no longer nessessary due to the abundance of perks.

DBD community is very active shame i despise it and believe its the worst gaming community i have ever interacted with.

I believe the BHVR devs know what they are doing but the incoming patch show they didn't focus enough on the "why".

I miss deathgarden but THE VETERAN WAS A BIG MISTAKE, SHE TOOK NO SKILL AND HER KIT WAS OVERLOADED AS #########, DBD PLAYERS ACT THEY KNOW WHAT BRAINLESS IS BUT THEY DONT KNOW HOW BRAINLESS THE VETERAN WAS.IMAGINE HAVING A GAME WITH SO MUCH SKILL EXPRESSION HAVING YOUR STRONGEST CHARACTER BEING AN OLD HAG WHO JUST NEEDS TO LOOK IN THE GENERAL DIRECTION OF SOMEONE IN ORDER TO GET A KILL.LITERALLY TAKE EVERY PART OF HER KIT AND SPLIT INTO 3 DIFFERENT CHARACTERS WITH THEIR OWN STUFF AND YOU MIGHT GET MOSTLY BALANCED CHARACTERS, NOTICE HOW I SAID "MOSTLY" BECAUSE THATS HOW BS THAT CHARACTER WAS!

being positive is too hard

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,975

Always remember positivity is key 🔑

I digress, if you can't be positive about a game you love, maybe you don't love it anymore. It is a sad reality to come to grips with, but I believe you would feel a lot better if you found something else. That is what Dead by Daylight is for me and I am very happy. I tried everything to keep enjoying my previous game, literally everything. Yes, even weird voodoo rituals where I covered my body in honey and blood oak. It just wasn't enough, fam.

• gammatsunamigammatsunami Member Posts: 545

I really dont get why they dont have a arcade playlist where they can just do whatever. 2v8, perk changes, no perks, 5 perks each. They could experiment and it would be seperate from the main game