Home Dead by Daylight Forums Optimization

Consistent fps drops (showing 90-100% gpu usage)

MayfliesMayflies Member Posts: 1
edited January 16 in Optimization

For about 3-4 days now the game has been performing very badly for no apparent reason using a rtx3060m and it was always going smoothly at 62 fps no matter what happened in-game but now it runs at 30-48 fps in-game (this is with low settings) even tried to change the graphics settings in the gameusersettings file but did not change anything but I did manage to get 62 fps consistently by having everything low and turning the resolution to 65% and then it was using only 10-20% gpu usage. And yes I do have everything up to daye.This happens for killer and survivor alike on any map. PC steam.

CPU=i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz

GPU=RTX 3060m

Memory= 16GB 8x2 2400MHz

14 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• HydreNzHydreNz Member Posts: 7
    edited January 17

Something similar happened to me about 3 days ago.

The game has a "micro stutter" from time to time and is very annoying when playing.

From one match to another I started with this problem

I already tried reinstalling the game, reinstalling steam, etc.

I don't really understand what is going on, I just have to format the pc and see if that fixes it.

• SomnusSomnus Member Posts: 6

Please keep us updated, I am having the exact same problem.

• WaggiemanWaggieman Member Posts: 2

Well i thought it was my PC going outdated, but seeing this with the same issues there's something wrong with this game since new patch 5.6.0

• khrisfromtorontokhrisfromtoronto Member Posts: 12
    edited March 19

Ever since the bugfix 5.6.1 my game is stuttering pretty much every game. It was fine and no issues until this update. It's making the game unplayable.

I'm on PC. Happens on all maps I believe. Killer and survivor.

• AdelooAdeloo Member Posts: 1,396

Yes i have the same issue since for less than a week.

Weirdly enough it also started to happen on other games like CSGO.

I checked and updated my graphic card driver and still having the issue.

I installed the W10 update and still having the issue.

So i'm kinda scared i'll need to buy a new PC, this one is like 3 years old so i hoped to keep it at least 2 more years !

• AdelooAdeloo Member Posts: 1,396

wait nevermind, my issue may be fixed now because apparently i was so dumb to hope that using a wallpaper slideshow would not break W10. If it's truly the solution to my problem may i suggest you look in to the Windows Log Viewer and see if any errors appears ^^

• ViktahhViktahh Member Posts: 9

Why is nothing being done about this? The game went from playable to completely unplayable. I get microfreezes that can last 30 seconds, and then suddenly major freezes. They can happen at the worst of times when being chased or trying to hunt down survivors.

Please fix this ffs...

• khrisfromtorontokhrisfromtoronto Member Posts: 12

I contacted support and exchanged several emails, but they couldn't figure out what the issue is and told me to wait for future game updates. Very disappointing.