Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

The way BHVR nerfed CoH

124»

Comments

• gilgamergilgamer Member Posts: 1,955

This is bait right, cause no one can possibly be so out of touch to say that CoH is weak right?

• Astral88Astral88 Member Posts: 58

Meeep. You are absolutely wrong. The amount of tunnelling and camping in this game was always that crazy but increased drastically with the release of the SBMM, because Killers & Survivors both wants to climb to Iridescent I asap. That's an experience report of asking 4 of my friends playing Dead by Daylight, including myself, none of them used CoH either. So, I guess this is just a speculation and nothing more but that. But indeed, it would be a smart tactic to tunnel out a player who brings CoH, which is ok, since BHVR confirmed it to be a legitimate tactic. Killers didn't do anything else but that when survivors brought a key either. The totem will be gone once the player is killed. That also was a hidden nerf, cause there was a phase which allowed the totem to stay alive even tho the responsible survivor died.

Obviously no creator would admit it, cause if you watch the Steam statistics, you can watch an estimate lose of 60k players within a half year and a gain of around 280 players. This makes in total around 40-50k active players on peak times rn. Also gotta admit, a huge problem is the cheater invasion and BHVR not giving players the option to report a player fast and quickly with evidence.

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 4,446

I mean CoH did. But that's pretty much it. So I would hope to see this perk not be overnerfed where it's not worth picking anymore compared to other meta perks.

• JunylarJunylar Member Posts: 1,440

Try using it in soloQ then tell me. If you get destroyed by 4man's on comms, CoH is not to blame.

• jesterkindjesterkind Member Posts: 3,387

I'm usually quite sympathetic to the perspectives of individuals that might conflict with the dominant narrative, but in this instance I have to say that I do think you're still pretty wrong. I have used Circle of Healing in SoloQ, both bringing it myself and using it after a teammate slapped it down, and even a potato survivor like me got pretty insane value out of it.

The perk is strong. This one isn't a SWF vs SoloQ thing, it's strong for everyone- stronger for SWF, obviously, but most things are. It's still a very, very potent perk to bring in SoloQ, especially when you bring other healing perks/items along with it.

• CyberDragoon656CyberDragoon656 Member Posts: 960

Well cheaters suck but tbh I actually blame the devs more than the cheaters because instead of working on that they released it on the epic store for free making even more cheaters spawn in the player base.

And I agree right now reporting is a joke along with people spam reporting ######### that doesn't need reporting the fact that the report system has no way of explaining the problem on console and even though they have servers no real way of an ingame mechanic to give people evidence of cheating,hacking and such shows the report system to be a complete joke.

• gilgamergilgamer Member Posts: 1,955

I haven't played since September so no, and that's a problem is that soloQ is weak not CoH. Plus i've seen plenty of people tell me how actually busted even in soloQ so ill believe their words more then joe shmo

• GeneralVGeneralV Member Posts: 7,147

Yeah, that was a weird decision.

I have never seen this perk in-game for obvious reasons, but even I can tell that this nerf was not enough, and definitely the wrong approach.

I still think they should have made it like Hexes, where if you remove it once it is permanently gone. If that rule applies to killers, it should apply to Survivors too.

But then again, that might be just me.

• AngyKillerAngyKiller Member Posts: 1,838

Oh, no; I agree as well. Boons are basically 'Screw You, Killers. Here's your toy but BETTER!' when they should work the same.

And with this nerf, the devs have all buy said 'We will make Survivors happy before real balance'. It was a big SOUNDING nerf (a whole 25% is ALLOT, guys!) but they knew it was literally NOTHING to actually change the perk, because Survivors come first. They were hoping Killers were too stupid to notice.

• BardonBardon Member Posts: 631

Given that this changes the heal times by up to nearly 2 seconds, this "nerf" is practically nothing so yeah?