Exit gates open - Entity starts to consume the map
Opening the exit gates could become a strategic choice with a risk & reward system.
- When survivors open an exit gate the entity will start to consume the map starting from the gate that was opened.
- The ground around the exit gate will become tainted by the entity.
- Standing in the tainted ground will slowly start to taint survivors.
- After around 30 seconds of standing in tainted ground the survivors are rooted in place.
- Other survivors can try to free rooted survivors but risk to reach a critical level of taint in the process.
This mechanic would remove the safe zone around exit gates.
Survivors are forced to make more choices with consequences:
- Open the exit gate first and then try to safe and escape with a hooked survivor
First rescue the survivor to heal him safely and then escape.
Depending on the distance of the hook it might be possible to run trough tainted ground and still reach the exit gate.
- Alternatively the survivors could try to reach untainted ground around the not yet opened second exit gate.
In any case the intention of this mechanic should be clear:
Once the exit gates are open survivors should try to leave as quickly as possible as long as they still can.