PTB is now closed
We are testing out new post formatting for the forum. There might be some issues present (white text, blank quotes, etc.), we are looking to resolve those. Thank you.

Remove the LOL reaction button

DocOctoberDocOctober Member Posts: 1,289
edited November 2018 in FORUM FEEDBACK

That reaction is not something we absolutely have to have and first and foremost it would put an end to all the LOL-trolls that come out whenever anyone posts a controversial statement and especially when a Killer main or supposed Killer main posts something the Survivor mains don't like. Then the LOLs get spammed.

And I know for a fact that the mods had to deal with that issue already, probably multiple times by now. You go to any "controversial" (in quotes because it usually isn't controversial at all, just something that doesn't fit biased people's agendas) person's profile and see an unusually high amount of LOL reactions.

Tagged:

Comments

• AcromioAcromio Member Posts: 416
    +1
  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 6,353

@DocOctober said:
    That reaction is not something we absolutely have to have and first and foremost it would put an end to all the LOL-trolls that come out whenever anyone posts a controversial statement and especially when a Killer main or supposed Killer main posts something the Survivor mains don't like. Then the LOLs get spammed.

And I know for a fact that the mods had to deal with that issue already, probably multiple times by now. You go to any "controversial" (in quotes because it usually isn't controversial at all, just something that doesn't fit biased people's agendas) person's profile and see an unusually high amount of LOL reactions.

Well both sides have their trolls and since you can't thumbs down a post the lol is there which also is useful for a funny post. I've always wondered why there's isn't more options to use for where you partially agree with the post etc.

I also find it interesting that you say killer mains get spammed with it yet look at some of the survivor mains or survivor sided posts get lol'd into oblivion. I know who a few of the most likely culprits are on both sides.

How about keep the lol button and then add a disagree type button so you can basically say you disagree with the post. Besides which if people are getting bothered over the lol button then they're just feeding the trolls that do it to both sides.

• DocOctoberDocOctober Member Posts: 1,289

@powerbats said:

@DocOctober said:

Well both sides have their trolls and since you can't thumbs down a post the lol is there which also is useful for a funny post. I've always wondered why there's isn't more options to use for where you partially agree with the post etc.

I also find it interesting that you say killer mains get spammed with it yet look at some of the survivor mains or survivor sided posts get lol'd into oblivion. I know who a few of the most likely culprits are on both sides.

How about keep the lol button and then add a disagree type button so you can basically say you disagree with the post. Besides which if people are getting bothered over the lol button then they're just feeding the trolls that do it to both sides.

There was a disagree button. Do you want to guess why it was removed?

• ChesterTheMolesterChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,501
    edited November 2018
    Remove the reaction system in general, all of it.
    If people want to say something there is a huge white box on the bottom of a page. 

• Rebel_RavenRebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,647
    But I get badges!

It does kinda suck that LOL is more negative because sometimes people do post something funny. It's what the other buttons are for, I guess.

And if they took out the lol button, something else would just take its place.

@Rebel_Raven said:
    But I get badges!

It does kinda suck that LOL is more negative because sometimes people do post something funny. It's what the other buttons are for, I guess.

And if they took out the lol button, something else would just take its place.

What exactly? The only other remaining buttons would be Vote Up and Awesome, not something trolls want to react with and comment trolls are fought much more easily than simple LOL-trolls as you actually get to see the person behind it.

• Hoodedfengm1nHoodedfengm1n Member Posts: 2,033

We need to make progress for sata.... I mean so we can get badges to allow sat... I mean...

• MojoTheFabulousMojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 928

I couldn't help but hit the LOL button for this and i've never used it before now.

@DocOctober said:

@powerbats said:

@DocOctober said:

There was a disagree button. Do you want to guess why it was removed?

I wasn't here for that but yeah I understand why it got removed, better to remove the people abusing it than the actual button. The trolls that abuse that are actually really easy to catch with some simple steps used.

• FoggyDownpourFoggyDownpour Member Posts: 234
    I do like the lol button, but it is currently used for negative feedback 50% of the time. Adding a 'Press F to pay your respects' button would be amusing (but not productive ofc)
  • FujinRaijinFujinRaijin Member Posts: 66

I agree with the reaction being taken out, but from my (small amount) of experience on these boards it seems to be more spammed by killers, but that doesn't matter and I do agree it serving no purpose.

• PhantomMask20763PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 2,832

I blame you for the removal of the LOLs

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 8,232

@PhantomMask20763 said:

This thread barely got any attention. Direct your frustrations here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/33789/the-lol-ening

@PhantomMask20763 said:

Even if I was to blame (which I am not): so what?

• PhantomMask20763PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 2,832

@PhantomMask20763 said:

Even if I was to blame (which I am not): so what?

I'm kidding m8. I meant it as a joke but ok
  • TheluckyboiTheluckyboi Member Posts: 417

Well, you got what you wanted

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 9,600

We still have possiblities

@Master said:
    We still have possiblities

This is where we need an even better button the AWESOMELOL, when a post is so funny or bad you upgrade your response.

• FayeZaharaFayeZahara Member Posts: 744

they should change it from lol to MEH

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 2,515