Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.3.0 PTB starts today. For more information and patch notes, click here.

Increase survivor bloodpoint reward

SiftHeadsDudeSiftHeadsDude Member Posts: 34
edited November 2018 in General Discussions
I know this might generate comments such as “git gud” and such haha, but playing as a survivor gets you so much less than a killer. Surviving and doing good nets you like 15k max, dying and doing good about 10k. Doing bad still less. Being a bad killer gets you at least 20k though and it keeps going up if you do good. I feel playing as a survivor is such a chore if you want to get serious bloodpoints, it makes more sense to just spam play the killer. I feel they should increase/add a reward for straight up finishing the game, or split it between completing the game and the struggle phase (to discourage intentional suicides)...thoughts?

Comments

• TheLegendDyl4n1TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

i know this is why i usually run were gonna live forever and farm people so i get about 30 - 50k

• SiftHeadsDudeSiftHeadsDude Member Posts: 34
    edited November 2018
    I know there’s offerings and perks to help out but I still feel it’s small. I’m not talking a huge increase, just maybe like 3k for the struggle and 3k for finishing the game. This way its more worth your time to play survivor, and also helps limit the issue of rage quitting and suiciding. 
    I get what you mean by the killer is by himself but you’re still putting in work and everyone is also putting in the same amount of time to the game. Most of my survivor games are pretty hectic but I also agree the system could use an overhaul too

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    Its mostly because the survival category needs a rework.

yes it does the only way to get survival points other than surviving is either self healing or self unhooking

• ChesterTheMolesterChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771

yes it does the only way to get survival points other than surviving is either self healing or self unhooking

And the worst part is that points for self heal should not even exist.
    Maybe we should get points for wiggling and stealth.

TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

the longer we are not in a chase with the killer we should get survival points. not alot but enough to where it balances bloodpoints and i swear to god if someone says that killers only get one thing of bloodpoints while survivors all get 4 bloodpoints ill just shoot myself

• DocOctoberDocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Sure, but then your Items and Add-ons will be single-use only.

Do you want that?
  • AlonaAlona Member Posts: 40

@DocOctober said:

Do you want that?

I'd have no problem with that. Most of the times my items and add-ons are single-use anyway because I use them up during the match or exchange it with other items I find in chests. Or I die. So more bloodpoints would be nice.

• DocOctoberDocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

@Alona said:

@DocOctober said:

Do you want that?

I'd have no problem with that. Most of the times my items and add-ons are single-use anyway because I use them up during the match or exchange it with other items I find in chests. Or I die. So more bloodpoints would be nice.

Of course you'd had no problem. Survivors are not dependent on their Items and their Add-ons unlike most of the Killers.

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,206

@SiftHeadsDude said:
    I know this might generate comments such as “git gud” and such haha, but playing as a survivor gets you so much less than a killer. Surviving and doing good nets you like 15k max, dying and doing good about 10k. Doing bad still less. Being a bad killer gets you at least 20k though and it keeps going up if you do good. I feel playing as a survivor is such a chore if you want to get serious bloodpoints, it makes more sense to just spam play the killer. I feel they should increase/add a reward for straight up finishing the game, or split it between completing the game and the struggle phase (to discourage intentional suicides)...thoughts?

Sure, if survivors lose all their stuff too, even if they escape

• ZarathosZarathos Member Posts: 944

@DocOctober said:

Do you want that?

Most crazy strong items are consumables one use key insta's brand new parts etc. Toolboxes ya are problematic but that's a balance issue a slight nerf to toolboxes is definitely needed the depip squad proved that. What's important to note is a survivour needs an items and add-ons where as a killers power is default with add ons being the changing factor.

Every time a double bp or bp event starts up killer lobbies are crap. Because often you can farm up more points as killer. This makes getting consistent killer games annoying so why not make it so survivors get equal bp gain or at the very least slightly improve the amount you get as survivor.

Survival point categories should award points for escaping the killer whilst injured. As a whole survival should award points based on other categories as well. Like benevolence healing someone up, and gen completion. To do this they could slightly reduce escape points but award points across all these activities.

Master said:

@SiftHeadsDude said:

Sure, if survivors lose all their stuff too, even if they escape

Why would you want them to lose all their stuff? That makes no sense, they already do lose everything except items, and those are lost if you die too
    I like that. I wasn’t even asking for anything crazy haha, just like an extra 5k in general to better balance it out. And like I had said too if you put that in things like the struggle phase and end game, it can limit other problems like rage quitting and rage suiciding. The only thing to be careful for it to make sure they don’t put the points into things that would make the survivors farm and screw other survivors over, instead of playing the game properly. 
  • DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 1,487
    Killer get more on average because they are doing all the work. Survivors are a team; hence the split in points. Your not getting less, teammates are soaking up potential points while your between objectives. Co-op more for the bonus points.
  • MegaWaffleMegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,174

@SiftHeadsDude said:

The difference in Killer Bloodpoints vs Survivor Bloodpoints is due to item/add-on economy. Survivors can get free items from the match by grabbing something a fellow teammate dropped or using perks to get both the item and add-ons. Killers do not have this option and can only buy there add-ons from the bloodweb. Since the Killer is forced to spend more BP than a survivor, they are rewarded more BP as a way to compensate this economic discrepancy.

• friendlykillermainfriendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,166

its fine the way it is the reason survivors get less its because of two things one survivors can keep their items and two survivors usually will have a faster game then he killer

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 2,043
    Nice how everyone is thinking about this issuee in an 1v1 perspective.
    There are 4 survivors, each capable of reaching 32ķ, same as killer. Actually survs can snatch items too, increasing their effective gain.

Im a casul player but i guess even regular redrankers have rounds where all 5 players have around 18-22k Each. (Unless its a stomp)

While I agree my 4v1 view isn't ideal, neither is comparing 1 surv with the killer
  • FoggyDownpourFoggyDownpour Member Posts: 289
    Nice how everyone is thinking about this issuee in an 1v1 perspective.
    There are 4 survivors, each capable of reaching 32ķ, same as killer. Actually survs can snatch items too, increasing their effective gain.

Im a casul player but i guess even regular redrankers have rounds where all 5 players have around 18-22k Each. (Unless its a stomp)

While I agree my 4v1 view isn't ideal, neither is comparing 1 surv with the killer
    In my opinion, the flaw in that logic is that it isn't one account/person with 4 party members to split the loot or experience between, it's four individual accounts/people all putting the time and effort into that match with equal amounts to lose and not enough ways to earn them or just generally not getting enough for what they do do. Each person needs to gain an amount equal to the effort and time they put into the match, not split it. With that logic the killer should be getting 80k+ points(4 times the current survivor amount), not 20k+ :) It just seems a bit odd to me to compare them. Hopefully I didn't misinterpret what you meant
  • Lanis_Lanis_ Member Posts: 183

Like I said one billion time since the game release, if you want as much point as killer you should also accept losing your item/addon no matter the game outcome like killers

To be Fair , i accept lost addon, not item (like killer lose addon and not his/Her weapon).
  • Lanis_Lanis_ Member Posts: 183
    That's becauss you put in more work as a killer.

As a survivor the workload is shared across 4 people. You can relax more as you're holding M1 on a gen half the time.

Killer is all out from the get go. Chase after chase after chase. They have to do it all themselves too against a team of 4.

It makes sense that they get more points.

That said I think the survivor scoring system could get an overhaul. Doing gens while the killer struggles to get a hook all game gived you very little since you get no benevolence and no evader.

As a killer however you can pretty much just sneeze and get a black pip.
    Even whitout 1k the killer can get 20k (40k with BBQ) without offering.

Survivor escape, 1 hook and unhooked another survivor can get 20k (25k with WGLF).

And BBQ works for farming BP and another powered bonus, WGLF only for farming.

The difference between BP is for encourage people to play killer, because in past this game was survivor unbalanced and need people to play Killer.. now that killer is more strong than survivor (solo, not SWF) not need anymore this difference.
    Imho

• Maxi605Maxi605 Member Posts: 117

Well, as killer you're playing a 1 VS 4, as Survivor 4 VS 1, i can see the difference on earning BP.

• Dabrownman1812Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,806

TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

the longer we are not in a chase with the killer we should get survival points. not alot but enough to where it balances bloodpoints and i swear to god if someone says that killers only get one thing of bloodpoints while survivors all get 4 bloodpoints ill just shoot myself

Makes an abusable scoring event, what if killer is in chase, killer has no need to look for you and you're getting free points.