Something's strange about the next chapter...

Trapper Trap Disarm Skill Check?

thekiller490490thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,096
edited January 24 in General Discussions
Why is disarming a trap not a "skillful" action?

It would be quite simple to put in.
When you disable a trap, you are hit with a skill check a little smaller than a doctor's snapping-out-of-it skill check.

All spring add ons decrease this zone by 10/20/30/40/15%. (Strong Coil Spring (SCS), 4 Coil Spring Kit (4CSK), Secondary Coil (SC), Oily coil (OC), and Bloody Coil (BC) respectively.)

If you fail you are injured but the trap is still disarmed.

Bloody coil injures you even if you hit it but if you miss you have a 50-100% chance to be caught. That is why it has less skill check reduction than 4CSK. This keeps the risk high even if he survivor knows they will be injured anyway.

Like BC does now, dying state can not be caused through missing trap skill checks.

It would be great to see this as disarming a trap should be risky and even potentially deadly with the BC. 

I am assuming that this has already been an idea but this is my own take on it.

Thoughts?
Post edited by thekiller490490 on

Comments

• Unnamed_FreakUnnamed_Freak Member Posts: 557

@thekiller490490 said:
    Why is disarming a trap not a "skillful" action?

It would be quite simple to put in.
    When you disable a trap, you are hit with a skill check a little smaller than a doctor's snapping-out-of-it skill check.

All spring add ons decrease this zone by 10/20/30/40/15%. (Strong Coil Spring (SCS), 4 Coil Spring Kit (4CSK), Secondary Coil (SC), Oily coil (OC), and Bloody Coil (BC) respectively.)

If you fail you are injured but the trap is still disarmed.

Bloody coil injures you even if you hit it but if you miss you have a 25 or 50% chance to be caught. That is why it has less skill check reduction than 4CSK. This keeps the risk high even if he survivor knows they will be injured anyway.

Like BC does now, dying state can not be caused through missing trap skill checks.

It would be great to see this as disarming a trap should be risky and even potentially deadly with the BC. 

I am assuming that this has already been an idea but this is my own take on it.

Thoughts?

Sounds really nice. It would make Trapper less boring, more satisfying, and more viable.

• TheRealHansGruberTheRealHansGruber Member Posts: 86
    That would make trapper gameplay much more interesting on both sides, i like it!
  • OogieBoogieOogieBoogie Member Posts: 52

It'd be neat if failing the check caused the trap to snap onto their arm. They could still run around like that, but it cause Hemorrhage status and they'd have to stop and remove it before they can heal, repair, cleanse, etc.

• thekiller490490thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,096

It'd be neat if failing the check caused the trap to snap onto their arm. They could still run around like that, but it cause Hemorrhage status and they'd have to stop and remove it before they can heal, repair, cleanse, etc.

The injury is enough of a punishment. Not to mention a chance to be caught when you miss with BC
  • FoggyDownpourFoggyDownpour Member Posts: 236
    Oh, I really like that idea! There might be a little bit less bming with them, such ofc is always nice
  • LarczLarcz Member Posts: 528
    Nice idea wonder if devs read this and implement in game.