2.4.0 - Chapter X - Player Test Build
Dead by Daylight | 2.4.0 – Chapter X – Player Test Build
People of The Fog,
Thank you for participating in the Player Test Build! In this release, we have included a new map, a new killer and a new survivor. Our team of artists, developers and designers have been working hard on this new content! We are proud to present our creation: Darkness among us, the tenth chapter for Dead by Daylight. We are looking forward to your feedback and comments, to continue our constant flow of improvements.
HOW TO ACCESS THE PTB
WHERE TO GIVE FEEDBACK
NEW MAP: THE ORMOND SLOPES RESORT
Welcome to Ormond, Alberta. Surrounded by an impressive mountain range, The Ormond Slopes Resort now lies derelict. The resort fell into disuse. Ormond’s resort was abandoned to decay, and then became a hideout for gangs of teenagers looking for trouble. Some people say it hid a darkness, a bottomless hole from where no one could return.
NEW KILLER: THE LEGION
When teenagers get involved with an impulsive mastermind, they discover an addictive kind of freedom. Together, they spiral out of control and become the wrong kind of crowd. Players will choose to embody one of the agile teenagers able to catch Survivors off-guard with their power, Feral Frenzy.
The Legion’s power is:
- Feral Frenzy. When active, The Legion can move at a faster rate, vault pallets, and missed attacks have a shorter cooldown. Successful attacks made during the Frenzy apply a new status effect – DEEP WOUND – and reset the power’s duration, allowing The Legion to chain their attacks to multiple Survivors.
The Legion comes with 3 perks:
- Discordance: Any time 2 or more survivors are working on the same Generator; the Generator's aura is highlighted for a short duration.
- Mad Grit: While carrying a Survivor, you suffer no cooldown for missed attacks, and hitting another Survivor will pause the carried Survivor’s wiggle timer for a moment.
- Iron Maiden: You open lockers faster. Additionally, when a Survivor exits a locker, their location is revealed, and they suffer from the Exposed status effect for a while.
NEW SURVIVOR: JEFF JOHANSEN
Jeff is an artist with a heart of gold. One morning, he got a phone call from Ormond, Alberta. Home. Jeff revisited the home he left behind, but he should never have looked back.
Jeff Johansen comes with 3 perks:
- Breakdown: Any time you are removed from a hook (escaped or saved), the hook breaks and the Killer's aura is shown to you.
- Aftercare: A 2-way link is created between yourself and other Survivors when you cooperate. When you heal or rescue someone, or when someone heals or rescues you, a link is created, allowing you to see each other’s auras across the entire map.
- Distortion: You start the Trial with 3 tokens. When your aura would be shown to the killer, the perk activates, and a token is consumed. For a short period, your aura will not be shown to the Killer and you leave no scratch marks.
Your personal profile (save data, inventory, currencies) has been copied from the Live servers to the PTB servers at 8:15UTC on November 26th. Any progress or purchases made on the Live servers after this date will not be reflected on the PTB. All progress made during the PTB will not be transferred over to the Live servers. You can leave feedback of your experience here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/ptb-feedback
Unreal Engine update
The updated engine has added support for many new features (especially in Audio & Rendering), but also caused some incompatibility with existing features the game relied on. As such, we have re-balanced a few very important components of the game (lighting, fog, sound & occlusion):
- Added support for more realistic volumetric fog in all exterior maps.
- Adjusted audio balance and occlusion levels across all maps.
- Adjusted lighting across all themes and maps, quality settings (PC Only), as well as Killer specific lighting conditions (The Nightmare's dream world, etc).
New Matchmaking System
We will be testing a new matchmaking system during the Chapter X PTB. For more info about the nature of this new matchmaking system and when it will roll out on the live environment, please consult this post.
Deep Wound status
With our latest chapter, Darkness Among Us, we are introducing a new status effect to the world of Dead by Daylight: Deep Wound. You may already be familiar with the effect if you have ever been on the receiving end of a Borrowed Time save. The perk, Borrowed Time, has now been updated to reflect this new status effect.
Deep Wound indicates that a Survivor has been afflicted with a devastating internal injury and has a limited amount of time in which to be mended before being put into the dying state.
Survivors now have the ability to mend themselves, or others, without requiring a med-kit. Just find a safe place to stop running and spend a bit of time repairing those internal injuries. The Deep Wound timer now pauses while the Survivor is in a chase and The Killer is shown a location indicator if the Survivor goes down because of Deep Wound.
For these reasons, Borrowed Time’s bleed-out timer has been reduced to 10/15/20 seconds (previously 15/20/25 seconds) before putting the afflicted Survivor into dying state.
The portrait icon in the bottom-left of the screen indicates the amount of time the Survivor has before they go down. The screen effects while in Deep Wound have also been modified from the desaturated look of the original Borrowed Time to now incorporate more blood to make it very clear that you are still in peril.
FEATURES & CONTENT
- Feature - Added a new status effect for Survivors: Deep Wound. Survivors afflicted with the Deep Wound status effect need to mend before being able to heal themselves, or be healed by others. Survivors can mend each other.
- Feature - Added the theme, map and tile information in the Pause menu. This feature is to better help our players and the Dev team when reporting map specific issues. Please be sure to include that information when reporting any map issues.
- Feature - Integrated an updated version of the Unreal Engine (4.20, from 4.13).
- Feature - Map Scheduler: Added a server configuration to allow control of map frequency during Online Ranked matches. This will allow us to add or remove emphasis on certain maps or themes during specific periods. Map selection offerings will still normally take precedence over these.
- Feature - Opening the Store from the offline lobbies will redirect the user to the currently selected character's catalog page.
- Updated layout for the character information screen. Killer information screens now show basic stats (Max Base Speed, Base Terror Radius, and Height).
- Borrowed Time: Unhooked Survivors are now affected by the Deep Wound Status effect. Changed the Bleedout timer from 15/20/25 seconds to 10/15/20 seconds. VFX have been updated. Please see the dev message: "Deep Wound" for more details.
- Diversion: Scratch marks will now appear at the location of the loud noise from the pebble.
Audio & Localization
- Major localization and translation improvements.
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors hooked by the Hag to appear a bit offset from the hook.
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors to flip into the dead position when mori'd by the Shape with either Judith's Tombstone or Tombstone Piece add-ons.
- Fixed an issue that caused an audio discrepancy between two game client who are facing in opposite directions (towards and away) from the Hillbilly's chainsaw.
- Fixed an issue that caused blood VFX from the environment to appear brighter when the Spirit uses her power.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Clown's knife to become misaligned when interrupting a Survivor vaulting towards them.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Killers red stain to be visible on their own character's model.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Nurse to clip into Survivors during her mori kill.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Nurse to go into the fatigued state when blink interrupting a Survivor.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Spirit's Husk to start a fresh idle animation instead of using the players current animation during her Phase Walk.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Spirit's head to disappear towards the end of the camera pan intro sequence at the start of a match.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Survivor stepped in trap loud noise bubble to appear when the Trapper was holding a bear trap near any other notification bubble.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Survivor to move in front of the camera when the Spirit attacks while carrying a Survivor on her shoulder.
- Fixed an issue that caused the blood from Survivors to be visible while the Spirit charged her power.
- Fixed an issue that caused the camera to be incorrectly placed from Survivor perspective when being mori'd by the Shape with either Judith's Tombstone or Tombstone Piece add-ons.
- Fixed an issue that caused the held items to briefly appear out of the Killers' hand when interrupting a Survivor vaulting towards them.
- Fixed an issue that caused the wrong LOD to sometimes load on The Spirit's customization.
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible for the Trapper to pick up Survivors from a bear trap when it was placed too close to a totem.
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to blind a Killer with a flashlight if there was a downed Survivor in front of them.
- Fixed an issue that allowed the Killer to interrupt a chest search across from a fence in Lampkin Lane.
- Fixed an issue that caused an impassable gap for Killers when two trees spawned too close together in the Mother's Dwelling map.
- Fixed an issue that caused an inaccessible chest in the Grim Pantry map.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a stuck spot in the Grim Pantry map between a log and a hill.
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to open or escape through the hatch when spawned on a specific hill in the Mother's Dwelling map.
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to repair a generator from one of the shorts sides next to the van in the street in Lampkin Lane.
- Fixed an issue that caused Adrenaline to trigger during the pick-up and interrupt animations.
- Fixed an issue that caused the attack cooldown to be applied on Hex: No One Escapes Death, after it was removed in patch 2.3.0.
- Fixed an issue that caused the bleedout timer from Borrowed Time perk to cancel completely when stepping in a bear trap.
- Fixed an issue that caused the hooks destroyed by a sacrifice not to respawn with the Hangman's Trick perk.
- Adjusted lighting across all themes and maps, quality settings (PC Only), as well as Killer specific lighting conditions (The Nightmare's dream world, The Spirit's phase walk, etc).
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors to overlap on one another in the match result screen.
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors to snap back underneath the hook when unhooking themselves.
- Fixed an issue that caused an inconsistency in the way that perks, powers and add-ons dynamically modify the Terror Radius.
- Fixed an issue that caused healing progress not to reset when being interrupted and hooked.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to be invisible to others until moving if spawned in the Shack.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Clown's stomach to jiggle too much in the tally screen.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Killer Prestige items to be awarded in the wrong order.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Mangled status effect to stack when applied from different sources (add-ons, perks).
- Fixed an issue that caused the Object of Obsession perk not to work when the character body was not facing a non-host Killer in a Kill Your Friends match.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Rite of the Spirit Daily Ritual to unlock without meeting the requirements.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Spectator camera to remain in spectate when the last player would leave the match.
- Fixed an issue that could cause items to disappear when swapping items in a chest.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the damage protection from getting unhooked to either not trigger, or be applied long after the player has regained control of their character.
- Fixed an issue that made it possible for a Survivor to obtain an Iridescent Unbroken Emblem in a game where they were pulled out of a bear trap and hooked.
- Hiding inside of lockers now blocks the auras of Survivors while they are inside.
- Increased the brightness of auras.
- Made it possible for Survivors to cancel being healed by walking away. Prior to this change, survivors needed to run in order to cancel being healed.
- Misc cosmetic clipping & camera adjustments and improvements.
- Survivors who activate a map or key item while crouched now stay crouched.
- When in a locker once the Bleedout timer has ended, Survivors will automatically exit the locker.
UI & HUD
- Changed the "Survivors" tab in the pause menu to "Match Details".
- Fixed an issue that caused the Killer add-ons not to appear in the tally screen in a Kill Your Friends match with a non-host Killer.
- Fixed an issue that caused the prices to be missing from customization tooltips that were only purchasable with Auric Cells.
- Fixed an issue that caused the tooltips from Page 1 to carry over to Page 2 of the Map Select in Match Management in Kill Your Friends.
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to open profiles or read perk, add-ons, items or offering descriptions on the match result screen after spectating.
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to scroll through the DLC confirmation texts with the controller sticks.
- Misc UI improvements.
PLATFORM SPECIFIC - PC
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to unlock the "Where Did They Go!?" achievement as a Survivor and caused the Killer to unlock it instead.
- Fixed an issue that made it possible to unlock the "Risk It All" achievement with event items.
PTB KNOWN ISSUES
- Distortion tokens are consumed when being downed, carried and interrupted if the Killer has Deerstalker equipped.
- Kill Your Friends camera is misplaced.
- Snap Out Of It and Wake Up takes priority over mending.
- Some floors and various other objects are using the wrong texture material.
- The Cannibal does not have chainsaw rev audio.
- The Legion can hear Survivors sounds while in Frenzy.
- The Legion's camera becomes offset when interrupting a mori.
- The Legion's mori is missing some audio SFX.
- The game hangs for about 30 seconds the first time the Loadout is opened.