Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.6.0 PTB is now available on Steam. For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/231267

Stop with the anti heal meta

2»

Comments

• friendlykillermainfriendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,166

@Fibijean said:

@friendlykillermain said:

@Fibijean said:

thank you im glad someone can see what i am. as i said before all i want is to help make these forums better

You're one of my favourite people on here honestly. I always enjoy reading your comments and seeing you trying to be kind to people wherever you post :) We need more of that.

thank you! your one of my favorite posters as well it seems we both share the same sense of being a decent person how can one person derive joy knowing they are taking it from others everyone equally having fun is what we all need to look for

Exactly. Playing competitively is fun, but when you have to walk all over other people to do it it's not that enjoyable anymore. The best games I ever have are the ones where everyone just has a really good time, even if I lose. A lot of people think that it doesn't matter if you're kind to strangers or not because you'll never see them again, but personally I think that if you're only kind to people when you get something out of it then what does that say about you? Not to mention that a wholesome, friendly environment is just more fun to be in overall!

yeah exactly i really wish their was a online lobby for kyf when all people are in the same voice chat everyone really shines and no one gets angry (if they're reasonable) because if anyone thinks something was unfair then so what their friend will rectify it kyf is the best mode in this game and the cold hardheartedness in the community is too large to be ok we all should unite together after all it doesn't matter if your a killer or a survivor were all here trapped in the fog under the entity's gaze

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,337

@Fibijean said:

@Fibijean said:

thank you im glad someone can see what i am. as i said before all i want is to help make these forums better

You're one of my favourite people on here honestly. I always enjoy reading your comments and seeing you trying to be kind to people wherever you post :) We need more of that.

thank you! your one of my favorite posters as well it seems we both share the same sense of being a decent person how can one person derive joy knowing they are taking it from others everyone equally having fun is what we all need to look for

Exactly. Playing competitively is fun, but when you have to walk all over other people to do it it's not that enjoyable anymore. The best games I ever have are the ones where everyone just has a really good time, even if I lose. A lot of people think that it doesn't matter if you're kind to strangers or not because you'll never see them again, but personally I think that if you're only kind to people when you get something out of it then what does that say about you? Not to mention that a wholesome, friendly environment is just more fun to be in overall!

yeah exactly i really wish their was a online lobby for kyf when all people are in the same voice chat everyone really shines and no one gets angry (if they're reasonable) because if anyone thinks something was unfair then so what their friend will rectify it kyf is the best mode in this game and the cold hardheartedness in the community is too large to be ok we all should unite together after all it doesn't matter if your a killer or a survivor were all here trapped in the fog under the entity's gaze

Haha well said, that would be pretty awesome. Maybe we should make a discord server or something for friendly DbD players...

@Fibijean said:

@Fibijean said:

@Fibijean said:

Haha well said, that would be pretty awesome. Maybe we should make a discord server or something for friendly DbD players...

yeah theirs not enough of us out their and there really should be. most of my friends i met them over hatch standoffs and clutch plays because the best people can recognize when the other does something well it those who applaud the enemy who deserve the very best

@Fibijean said:

@Fibijean said:

@Fibijean said:

i should change the title of this discussion because it absolutely changed tracks

• WateryWatery Member Posts: 1,118
    “Anti-heal meta” Yeah, no. It’s only fair due to the fact most survivors (if they don’t run alternatives, such as bond, or bring a medkit), so saying anti-heal is just disingenuous. If you can’t go to check generators every now and then (and chase the person if they were working on it), you can’t complain if someone gets a gen done. If it’s SWF, I guess that’s understandable, but this post seems utterly mindless, in my opinion. Most killer mains I know, know how to apply map pressure to generators. Though I hate to be the one to say it, but if you’re going to post on the forums, admit to your shortcomings first.

@Fibijean said:

@Fibijean said:

@Fibijean said:

i should change the title of this discussion because it absolutely changed tracks

Ahhhh yep whoops. Went down a good track though.

@Watery said:
    “Anti-heal meta” Yeah, no. It’s only fair due to the fact most survivors (if they don’t run alternatives, such as bond, or bring a medkit), so saying anti-heal is just disingenuous. If you can’t go to check generators every now and then (and chase the person if they were working on it), you can’t complain if someone gets a gen done. If it’s SWF, I guess that’s understandable, but this post seems utterly mindless, in my opinion. Most killer mains I know, know how to apply map pressure to generators. Though I hate to be the one to say it, but if you’re going to post on the forums, admit to your shortcomings first.

i think you may have misunderstood my question with the new killer being the legion a huge part of his kit being based on the deep wound which is they're to prolong healing and looking at recent patches that nerfed healing times it seems the devs are putting all their effort into making healing longer rather than fixing gen rushing. yeah i know im not the nest in a chase but as a myers trapper mainy my only counters are gen rushers and even though i do improve i am sick of the constant heal nerfs while generators remained untouched.

@Fibijean said:

@Fibijean said:

@Fibijean said:

@Fibijean said:

better than most posts glad to have someone like you to support me the forums have had a recent spike in hate

@Watery said:

i think you may have misunderstood my question with the new killer being the legion a huge part of his kit being based on the deep wound which is they're to prolong healing and looking at recent patches that nerfed healing times it seems the devs are putting all their effort into making healing longer rather than fixing gen rushing. yeah i know im not the nest in a chase but as a myers trapper mainy my only counters are gen rushers and even though i do improve i am sick of the constant heal nerfs while generators remained untouched.

Oh, I’m sorry! I misinterpreted the question. Sorry for the inconvenience.

@Watery said:
    friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

its fine dont worry about it i just want the devs to see that the anti heal meta they are building doesn't do much

@Fibijean said:

@Fibijean said:

@Fibijean said:

@Fibijean said:

better than most posts glad to have someone like you to support me the forums have had a recent spike in hate

Aw thanks :) Got your back, man.

@Watery said:
    friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

its fine dont worry about it i just want the devs to see that the anti heal meta they are building doesn't do much

What I was arguing is that I think anti-heal is fine. Generators can be stopped/slowed via select perks (i.e., PGTW, Ruin if you want, Thanatophobia), and so on.

@Fibijean said:

@Fibijean said:

@Fibijean said:

@Fibijean said:

@Fibijean said:

Aw thanks :) Got your back, man.

and ill have yours decent people must stick together ;)

@Watery said:
    friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

What I was arguing is that I think anti-heal is fine. Generators can be stopped/slowed via select perks (i.e., PGTW, Ruin if you want, Thanatophobia), and so on.

ahh i see i just wish the only way to slow generators wasnt a hex totem

edited November 2018

@Watery said:
    friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

But... the first and the third one aren’t hex perks.

@Watery said:
    friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said:

friendlykillermain said:

@Watery said: “Anti-heal meta” Yeah, no. It’s only fair due to the fact most survivors (if they don’t run alternatives, such as bond, or bring a medkit), so saying anti-heal is just disingenuous. If you can’t go to check generators every now and then (and chase the person if they were working on it), you can’t complain if someone gets a gen done. If it’s SWF, I guess that’s understandable, but this post seems utterly mindless, in my opinion. Most killer mains I know, know how to apply map pressure to generators. Though I hate to be the one to say it, but if you’re going to post on the forums, admit to your shortcomings first. i think you may have misunderstood my question with the new killer being the legion a huge part of his kit being based on the deep wound which is they're to prolong healing and looking at recent patches that nerfed healing times it seems the devs are putting all their effort into making healing longer rather than fixing gen rushing. yeah i know im not the nest in a chase but as a myers trapper mainy my only counters are gen rushers and even though i do improve i am sick of the constant heal nerfs while generators remained untouched.

But... the first and the second one aren’t hex perks.

true thanotophia is pretty great with sloppy butcher on legion but pgtw is very stiutational and often it wont even make a dent in survivors hard work so that leaves ruin which is usually gone in a minute if your ulucky

we need a second objective for survivors to do

But... what? There’s not much to the imagination when it comes to that kind of thing.

@Watery said:
    friendlykillermain said:

But... what? There’s not much to the imagination when it comes to that kind of thing.

yeah thats true