Home PTB Feedback Archives 2.4.0 PTB
The 4.0.0 PTB is now available on Steam! For patch notes, instruction and more details, click here.

2.4.0 Feedback

FeleasFeleas Member Posts: 85
edited November 2018 in 2.4.0 PTB

Ok, so after the past few hours of testing the PTB I found the following problems. First of all this isn't me whining about the patch content, but more so technical problems that have cropped up with the the update to Unreal 4.20.

-New graphics makes everything look like it's behind a blurry lens at 100% Resolution for Medium & Low settings.
-Freddy's aura reading is almost non-existent with sleeping Survivors as the new aura for sleeping Survivors is extremely faint in comparison almost to the point that they appear to not have it on them to begin with as if they're still awake.
-Huge framerate drop with this engine update. Current settings in Live is High @ 100% Resolution with 70-80 FPS, but PTB is Low or Medium @ 100% Resolution with 7-20 FPS.
-Framerate drops to ~7 FPS whenever I perform the following actions:

Survivors-
Fast vaulting pallets
Fast vaulting windows
Entering/exiting lockers
Failing skill checks
Activating Dead Hard
Dropping pallets
Exit gate opening animation
Entering the map after loading screen
Spawning Hag clones

Killers-
Attacking with lunge
Attacking without lunge
Fast Vaulting windows/pallets as Legion
Throwing axes as Huntress
Hooking Survivors
Opening lockers
Destroying Pallets
Setting traps as Trapper
Running with chainsaw as Hillbilly
Attacking with chainsaw as Hillbilly
Attacking with chainsaw as Cannibal
Performing moris
Bottles creating gas clouds as Clown
Teleporting as Nurse
Entering phase walk as Spirit
Exiting phase walk as Spirit
Teleporting as Hag
Setting traps as Hag

To help the Devs with understanding why my system is having this problem, my PC's specs are as folllows:

OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8120 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
DirectX: DirectX 12
Memory: 8GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R7 200 Series

I also checked my Task Manager and I found my CPU reaches 100% with Dead By Daylight program in the list during these times. So in conclusion the new engine update has done a huge hit to my performance when even running at the lowest settings. Hopefully this will be addressed or the Devs will unfortunately lose not just myself but more players who are having similar performance issues.

On a positive note: Despite the HUGE hit to my CPU when running this with High @ 100% resolution, the graphics, lighting and textures now look stunning compared to Live(2.3.3).