Home PTB Feedback Archives 2.4.0 PTB

Mount Ormond Resort too bright

DocOctoberDocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

This map is gorgeous in looks, but I feel it's just too bright. I generally dislike that the game is considerably brighter in comparison to how it used to be in the early days. I like the darker maps that feel like a full moon night or breaking dawn, but Mount Ormond feels like it's early afternoon on a clowdy, snowy day. It would be nice if it could be tuned down to the brightness level of Mother's Dwelling.

Comments

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,071

I think that has to do with the new graphics engine because even Macmillan Estates which we all know is dark is pretty bright now.

That might just be a case of turning down your brightness levels some or the contrast which brings up an interesting idea but might not be possible.

I wonder if there was a way to have custom settings for certain map tiles say you want Macmillan to be just a tad brighter but the new map just a tad darker. You could select that tile and choose either brighter or darker and anytime you played that map tile it'd have those settings for you.

It wouldn't be able to make a dark map completely bright however but just a slight change just enough to make it not hurt the eyes and make you change each time you play a map tile.

That way you can't engate a maps natural attributes like how Red Forest is dark it couldn't be made super light for killers and vice versa on other maps. You'd only get a slight change but just enough to help your eyes not get strained.

@not_Queen thoughts on that idea?

• VektastVektast Member Posts: 28

With Freddy the new map is so damn bright, that my eyes got damaged. :dizzy:

• not_Queennot_Queen Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 1,105

In 2.4.0., we are going forward with the Unreal Engine update. This update is needed and will overall raise the visual quality of the game. In the short time, it will have consequences on sounds and lighting, maybe that's what you are experiencing right now.

We are looking for feedback like you provided to isolate bugs and tweak the lighting / levels / sounds. It is an ongoing process but we will always thrive to give you the best quality we can!

@powerbats Custom setting for map tiles for players isn't something we are currently looking at but thanks for the feedback :)

• DocOctoberDocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    not_Queen said:

In 2.4.0., we are going forward with the Unreal Engine update. This update is needed and will overall raise the visual quality of the game. In the short time, it will have consequences on sounds and lighting, maybe that's what you are experiencing right now.

We are looking for feedback like you provided to isolate bugs and tweak the lighting / levels / sounds. It is an ongoing process but we will always thrive to give you the best quality we can!

@powerbats Custom setting for map tiles for players isn't something we are currently looking at but thanks for the feedback :)

Thanks for the heads up.
  • HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Huzzah someone else complained about this, yes this map needs to be darker, one because it would make it more scarier and match the darkness theme and because of what you guys said.

• Shadow_MasterShadow_Master Member Posts: 17

@not_Queen said:

You guys make sure you fix the fps drops because many players are experiencing frame drops in various maps after the engine update.