Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Gen speeds needs to be discussed

Comments

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 13,239

Funnily enough, back then i had an argument with someone who claimed Undying ruin was giving out free wins for killers. He said that he prefers camping killers over doing totems all day.

I guess, wish granted.

• HitariHitari Member Posts: 45
    edited June 12

Playing anything besides S-Tier or A-Tier killers in high MMR is just asking for trouble. I could literally do close to none mistakes and still loose as Clown/Myers/Freddy etc.

• Grandpa_Crack_PipeGrandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,159

So I need to, what.. scan every post made from the time period old Undying was live, count how many times camping/tunneling were brought up, and compare that to.. any other period of time, I guess?

And you believe that's a valid method of determining whether or not the actual game population were camping/tunneling during that time period?

And not just that, you genuinely believe killers were such phenomenally good sports that they didn't camp or tunnel with old Undying, despite it making the strategy even stronger?

• BrhoomBrhoom Member Posts: 238

That's just false.

Original Undying was broken, and it only made tunneling and camping worse.

How? The minute Ruin and Undying were cleansed, the killer would hard camp and tunnel.

• TizzleTizzle Member Posts: 696

If you've checked every single original post and disregarded all of the replies cross referencing it with every other post made during that timeframe I suppose I'll have to take your word for it.

• MewishisMewishis Member Posts: 305

This is my least favorite thing about the forums, how can you just ignore everything they said just to get your dumb point across. Like do you really think he meant to act like you were playing against every other m1 killer to pallet stun them? Do you just drop pallets normally against the huntress or completely ignore pallets when you see a huntress? Well guess what skilled players can get stuns against killers with anti-pallet abilities, you don't go about them the same way as typical m1 killers though, but you probably don't know this seeing as how you are blatantly ignoring this fact.

• TurboTOneTurboTOne Member Posts: 305

maybe making Gen Speeds faster but increasing the amount of Gens that need to be repaired would help. Since Survivors will need to travers the Map more thus wasting more time. Also getting a gen done will not be as Boring since its faster.

a way to do it would be to increase the Amount of Generators needed to power the Exit gates to 8 and increase the Amount of Gens on the Map to 10.

Every Gen takes 50 charges to complete wich is the same Amount of time then with 5 gens currently.

And then you could add 1 additional Generator to Corrupt.

But idk if that would work. You would need to test this and collect some Data aswell as ask Players what type was more engaging and fun but also fair.

• TurboTOneTurboTOne Member Posts: 305

the idea with the Map is actually genius. That way they could find out what makes the Game more fun Overall for their Player Base.

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,279
    edited June 12

Who ever said anything about throwing pallets against Nurse the same as you would against an M1 killer.

I am questioning your idea that you can use a pallet as a means to counter Nurse. I can't believe I even have to ask...

You do realize that she can go through them, right?

Nurse doesn't have an anti-pallet ability, she has an anti-Dead by Daylight ability.

Please show me your epic gamer montage of all the pallet stuns you got against nurses who were simultaneously good and at their keyboards.

Could you quote me on the part, where I said killers were good sports, pls?

Ruin only worked when survivors didn't hug gens.

Undying significantly increased the lifetime of Ruin.

A killer who wanted to get any benefit from that combo, was playing without camping. For the simple reason that none of the perks would have done anything. Since the killer wasn't constantly pushing the survivors off the gens.

Where there killers that still camped and tunneled? Absolutely. Just like there are survivors that use a cake and gen rush escape with 11k bloodpoints. Both things aren't exactly smart. But people nevertheless do them in rare cases.

Or... and hear me out. I was simply very active on the forum during that time.

How's that any different from a current killer who loses half or more perks at the start of the match, due to survivors cleansing totems?

Why would you keep saying "oh, but look, camping and tunneling definitely didn't happen with old Undying!" like you were trying to disprove that killers will take advantage of anything to win even if they have the advantage?

But you apparently don't think that? I guess if you just keep heavily implying it instead of outright saying it you always have an out if someone calls it out as silly. Nice.

Your slowdown staying up longer (or forever, in old Undying's case) is beneficial in every situation. It is especially good if you tunnel/camp someone out early. I guess you didn't experience a lot of ruindying 3v1s with more than one gen left like I did.

• nanasi_K9nanasi_K9 Member Posts: 501

Hello from Japan.

I am glad to see that you are talking about something that has been a problem for several years in DBD in Asia.

The cause of this problem in my opinion is that the kicking of the generator is too weak and the management of the generator by VCPT.

Kicking the generator is too weak.

Killer takes about 2 seconds to kick the generator and slowly backs off the gauge over a long period of time.

Survivors can nullify this action by touching it for a moment. This is the first cause.

management of the generator by the VCPT.

Killer drives the survivor away from the generator that is about to heal.

The evicted survivor tells the microphone his position and the status of the generator.

This eliminates the point of getting rid of the survivor.

In particular, the generator can be managed without the VCPT, and if this is done thoroughly or consciously, the killer loses out due to the lean repair speed.

We concluded that to improve these issues, we may need to add an action to re-repair generators that have been kicked.

• JohnWick1654JohnWick1654 Member Posts: 484

Don't worry my friend, it is 13th tomorrow, some people will stop autopiloting gens because grades don't just come from slamming gens and never meeting the killer

This is what you sound like just an fyi, "you idiot you know huntress and trickster can throw stuff over pallets and injure you how can not know that."

meanwhile im just sitting here wondering if you read out loud what you type of lol, you can still stun Nurse at pallets she isnt immune to them, you can block her with it by double backing on pallets when she uses up her first blink for distance and then uses the second blink to try to catch you. You make a choice on whether to go back on her side throwing down the pallet on the other side of the loop you were just on or staying on the side and throwing down the pallet. I typically throw it towards her unless she catches on im going to do that, yes you can use pallets against Nurse, no you dont use it normally, yes that is possible. In before you make a reply saying the same thing as before that only makes me wish I never tried discussing anything with you in the first place lol.

Ah yes anti dead by daylight abilities how original, you know you remind me of the people who were super annoyed when huntress came out, because she had an ability to bypass pallets and windows. But facts are Nurse was made by the developers she was made into this game, she wasn't an error or a bug, she is a part of dead by daylight like all the other killers, but you don't care you just want to get rid of the thing you hate lol.

Also please show me your epic gamer montage of all the times a Nurse destroys you because im betting you have quite a few clips, you remind me of the survivors who try to do the same thing on every new killer, but then act surprised when they get absolutely destroyed because they cant adapt. Then they dc and go cry on the forums, making a billion posts about how op *insert killer* is because they can't do the same thing they do with other killers.

• WitchubtetWitchubtet Member Posts: 278

Does anyone actually know how long it takes one Survivor to do a Gen? A honest question because I have no clue. I always thought it was 60-90 seconds

• CarthCarth Member Posts: 938

It takes 80 seconds to complete a gen solo.

Specifically all of DBDS systems work on a system where you need to accumulate a total # of charges before the action is completed. For Gen repair that is 80 charges and a survivor base repairs at 1.0 Charge/Second.

I feel like that should be higher. How many seconds does it take for our friendly entity to take a Survivor? From start to finish. Including the mash button time.

• CarthCarth Member Posts: 938
    edited June 13

You mean hook states? That is 120 seconds, 60 seconds in phase 1, 60 seconds in phase 2. The only way to impact this is either by A. Failing skill checks in phase 2 or B. someone brings camaraderie which would extend the struggle phase by 34 seconds.

So in total either 2 or 2 1/2 minutes. I wouldn’t go and say Gens should be that long but maybe a flat 100 ticks?

or if they really want to pressure Survivors they could make is that the first two gems are 80. But each Gen after that gets plus 10 after it. With harder skill checks to do?

I think we are both talking past each other. Killers didn´t take the Undying Ruin combo out of the goodness of their hearts. I never claimed that. Killers obviously want to win just as much as survivors. BUT completing 5 gens for 4 survivors is simply not comparable to 12 hooking. Does snowballing heavily incline the balance towards one side? Absolutely! But it does so for both sides.

I repeat, the most effective way to use the old Undying Ruin combo (and get any effect out of it) was to not camp. Because Ruin has no effect on survivors that hug a gen. Because 3 survivors freely completing gens, while the killer sits in front of the hook for 120 seconds is more than enough time to complete 4 gens. Especially, when the camped survivor didn´t go down in 2 seconds and the other survivors could start out repairing gens.

And no, i didn´t experience a lot of Undying Ruin camps, because that was a fail strategy for the killer which would result in a 1k or maybe 2k at best. Instead i got a lot of Nurses and Blights that would constantly switch targets.

• FirelliusFirellius Member Posts: 2,310

I'm pretty sure the frequency of DH complaints also dropped at CoH's release. Bigger issues can push smaller issues out of the spotlight, so to say that Ruin/Undying was making people camp/tunnel less is still nothing more than an assumption.

The amount of DH complaints dropped? Ohh you mean that in comparison of the amount of people that complained about CoH getting nerfed to uselessnes, twice, and still being one of the strongest perks in the game. Probably hasn´t to do anything with the fact, that the survivor playerbase is a little bigger than the killer playerbase.

• FirelliusFirellius Member Posts: 2,310
  • soulfire22soulfire22 Member Posts: 75

basically, you're forced to run corrupt/ruin on every single character.