Home Discussions General Discussions

a buff for hex totems

thank you to @DarkGGhost for the idea

what if instead of just obsession perkssurvivors had totem perks.

why
1. survivors would now have a risk bringing in certsin perks what perks no idea what do you all think
2. because no one can tell whos totem is whos survivors frantic to destroy hex ruin or devour hope or huntresses lullaby will end up destroying their own perks in the process unfortunately this is rng but it would make hex perks last a lot longer
3. because the killer knows that some survivors may have had hex perks of their own they will not be inclined to camp totems
4. this would be a much needed buff for totems while simultaneously nerfing survivors a bit
5. although this doesnt really nerf sweaty swf the killer buff will still be helpful and great totem perks would be much more viable

what do you all think . personally i like the idea of each totem could help you or harm you also to prevent mass totem wipes maybe totems should each have a 30 second cooldown after one is destroyed that way 4 totems wont simultaneously go off

«1

Comments

  • friendlykillermainfriendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,166

    anyone?

  • friendlykillermainfriendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,166

    at all?

  • MalakirMalakir Member Posts: 799
    Mh creative but I would do it with other perks. I'd rather see the obsession mechanic revisited since if you see an obsession you do 2 things
    1 avoid them
    2 tunnel to death
    Most likely the first one, which is the opposite of being obsessed with something or someone.

    If they made perks that works like that would be great but totems now have just one issue. They are hidden like a light in the dark, you can't miss them.

    I would bind something new to it for sure, something different like your idea or sabo but for totems or even a killer that created fake totems in addition of his her power

    Still, now totems are too flawed. They need to hide them more, thoughtful spawns and well designed
  • friendlykillermainfriendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,166

    @Malakir said:
    Mh creative but I would do it with other perks. I'd rather see the obsession mechanic revisited since if you see an obsession you do 2 things
    1 avoid them
    2 tunnel to death
    Most likely the first one, which is the opposite of being obsessed with something or someone.

    If they made perks that works like that would be great but totems now have just one issue. They are hidden like a light in the dark, you can't miss them.

    I would bind something new to it for sure, something different like your idea or sabo but for totems or even a killer that created fake totems in addition of his her power

    Still, now totems are too flawed. They need to hide them more, thoughtful spawns and well designed

    yeah it all boils down to rng but if breaking totems also had a negative effect maybe they would stay up longer

  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,205

    While I like the concept of it, the idea will never get approved since survivors will never support the idea of adding such a risk to their beloved perks ("crutches").

  • friendlykillermainfriendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,166

    @Master said:
    While I like the concept of it, the idea will never get approved since survivors will never support the idea of adding such a risk to their beloved perks ("crutches").

    unfortunately that is true but still it would be a great thing to see i just thought i would expand open the idea @DarkGGhost started

  • MalakirMalakir Member Posts: 799
    Master said:

    While I like the concept of it, the idea will never get approved since survivors will never support the idea of adding such a risk to their beloved perks ("crutches").

    I play mostly survivor buuut call them crutches is kinda too meme. They are just designed by a "special" monkey (yes Laurie I'm looking at your ds, still level 1 and will ever be for good)

    Still, I'd rather have a DS that stun and give me more wiggle time than that. Many times I almost wiggled off because the killer was getting greedy for specific hooks or basement

    Anyway back to the topic, if they fix totems I would love to see a killer or even a survivor perk based non them. Giving it even more depth

    RNJesus is very hard to balance especially with these kind of games. If was up to me I would get rid of it almost totally to design it properly
  • friendlykillermainfriendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,166

    @Malakir said:
    Master said:

    While I like the concept of it, the idea will never get approved since survivors will never support the idea of adding such a risk to their beloved perks ("crutches").

    I play mostly survivor buuut call them crutches is kinda too meme. They are just designed by a "special" monkey (yes Laurie I'm looking at your ds, still level 1 and will ever be for good)

    Still, I'd rather have a DS that stun and give me more wiggle time than that. Many times I almost wiggled off because the killer was getting greedy for specific hooks or basement

    Anyway back to the topic, if they fix totems I would love to see a killer or even a survivor perk based non them. Giving it even more depth

    RNJesus is very hard to balance especially with these kind of games. If was up to me I would get rid of it almost totally to design it properly

    yeah its is one of the reasons the pig isn't s teir

  • MalakirMalakir Member Posts: 799

    @Malakir said:
    Master said:

    While I like the concept of it, the idea will never get approved since survivors will never support the idea of adding such a risk to their beloved perks ("crutches").

    I play mostly survivor buuut call them crutches is kinda too meme. They are just designed by a "special" monkey (yes Laurie I'm looking at your ds, still level 1 and will ever be for good)

    Still, I'd rather have a DS that stun and give me more wiggle time than that. Many times I almost wiggled off because the killer was getting greedy for specific hooks or basement

    Anyway back to the topic, if they fix totems I would love to see a killer or even a survivor perk based non them. Giving it even more depth

    RNJesus is very hard to balance especially with these kind of games. If was up to me I would get rid of it almost totally to design it properly

    yeah its is one of the reasons the pig isn't s teir

    Dude, people always talk about their but honestly there I a scheme or something? I mean, i have my personal tier list in mind but maybe I'm just ignorant and there is an ""'official"" tier list I don't know about?

    I'm getting confused about this argument in another thread that people say mid tier is bad when I put there many of my favorite killers and just one of them reach high tier

    Just asking
  • friendlykillermainfriendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,166

    @Malakir said:
    friendlykillermain said:

    @Malakir said:

    Master said:

    While I like the concept of it, the idea will never get approved since survivors will never support the idea of adding such a risk to their beloved perks ("crutches").
    
    
    
    I play mostly survivor buuut call them crutches is kinda too meme. They are just designed by a "special" monkey (yes Laurie I'm looking at your ds, still level 1 and will ever be for good)
    
    Still, I'd rather have a DS that stun and give me more wiggle time than that. Many times I almost wiggled off because the killer was getting greedy for specific hooks or basement
    
    Anyway back to the topic, if they fix totems I would love to see a killer or even a survivor perk based non them. Giving it even more depth
    

    RNJesus is very hard to balance especially with these kind of games. If was up to me I would get rid of it almost totally to design it properly

    yeah its is one of the reasons the pig isn't s teir

    Dude, people always talk about their but honestly there I a scheme or something? I mean, i have my personal tier list in mind but maybe I'm just ignorant and there is an ""'official"" tier list I don't know about?

    I'm getting confused about this argument in another thread that people say mid tier is bad when I put there many of my favorite killers and just one of them reach high tier

    Just asking

    i dont think their is an official teir list i do have a person all one though ill post it in a bit

  • strikingearth26strikingearth26 Member Posts: 30

    unrelated to totem perks, but survivors already 'risk' perks, deliverance... if we get found and hooked first, that perk is now useless, never used and a waste of a perk slot. unbreakable, if the killer picks us up as soon as they down us, then that is again a useless perk that never gets used. same for tenacity. I'm sure there is more perks, but just those are the main ones I have personally 'lost out on' on a regular basis, to the point I don't bother running them anymore.

  • strikingearth26strikingearth26 Member Posts: 30

    even adrenaline, if we never get that last gen finished, is a wasted perk.

  • DarkGGhostDarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072

    @strikingearth26 the idea is to make hex perks( survivor) that have no drawback like DS. I know the deliverance and unbreakable have a drawback and that's why are not so use are DS.

  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,205

    @strikingearth26 said:
    even adrenaline, if we never get that last gen finished, is a wasted perk.

    Just like NOED, with the difference that NOED can even be destroyed

  • strikingearth26strikingearth26 Member Posts: 30

    @Master said:

    @strikingearth26 said:
    even adrenaline, if we never get that last gen finished, is a wasted perk.

    Just like NOED, with the difference that NOED can even be destroyed

    I know, thats what I was commenting about, just like hex perks can be countered/destroyed, so can survivor perks.

  • strikingearth26strikingearth26 Member Posts: 30

    @DarkGGhost said:
    @strikingearth26 the idea is to make hex perks( survivor) that have no drawback like DS. I know the deliverance and unbreakable have a drawback and that's why are not so use are DS.

    I don't understand the stigma around DS, I refuse to use it, because 9 times out of 10, the obsession will get tunneled right from the beginning of the game... and secondly, even if I hit the skill check and bounce off the killers shoulder, chances are I won't manage to get that far away before he has hit me back down again. its very situational, I'd need to be in an area where I can loop easily, or have other survivors nearby to block or distract the killer... In almost every game I am in, If I see someone has DS, that by no means, means they will escape the game, in fact in most cases its just like having a target on their back.
    I won't use it.

  • friendlykillermainfriendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,166

    @strikingearth26 said:

    @DarkGGhost said:
    @strikingearth26 the idea is to make hex perks( survivor) that have no drawback like DS. I know the deliverance and unbreakable have a drawback and that's why are not so use are DS.

    I don't understand the stigma around DS, I refuse to use it, because 9 times out of 10, the obsession will get tunneled right from the beginning of the game... and secondly, even if I hit the skill check and bounce off the killers shoulder, chances are I won't manage to get that far away before he has hit me back down again. its very situational, I'd need to be in an area where I can loop easily, or have other survivors nearby to block or distract the killer... In almost every game I am in, If I see someone has DS, that by no means, means they will escape the game, in fact in most cases its just like having a target on their back.
    I won't use it.

    its because experienced loopers get a free shoulder escape and usaully make to saftey after a 10 minute chase were you finally hit them its really annoying

  • strikingearth26strikingearth26 Member Posts: 30

    @friendlykillermain said:

    @strikingearth26 said:

    @DarkGGhost said:
    @strikingearth26 the idea is to make hex perks( survivor) that have no drawback like DS. I know the deliverance and unbreakable have a drawback and that's why are not so use are DS.

    I don't understand the stigma around DS, I refuse to use it, because 9 times out of 10, the obsession will get tunneled right from the beginning of the game... and secondly, even if I hit the skill check and bounce off the killers shoulder, chances are I won't manage to get that far away before he has hit me back down again. its very situational, I'd need to be in an area where I can loop easily, or have other survivors nearby to block or distract the killer... In almost every game I am in, If I see someone has DS, that by no means, means they will escape the game, in fact in most cases its just like having a target on their back.
    I won't use it.

    its because experienced loopers get a free shoulder escape and usaully make to saftey after a 10 minute chase were you finally hit them its really annoying

    Wish I was as good as this XD.
    I know some are, usually the one who have played since the game was first released. I only started during summer this year. and still can't loop a killer, unless they themselves are new to the game. But I face so many killers who are very skilled at the game, and me and my team (i play solo) get annihilated within minutes...

    The issue is on both sides... inexperienced survivors like myself find it hard to escape many games or get enough points to level the characters up, and inexperienced killers (perhaps just on a certain killer) find it hard to get the 4k they all want.

    The game needs some sort of hope for survivors, after 10 games in a row of the killers getting 4k's. it kinda sucks... if I NEVER escape any game, I'd end up not playing as there seems no hope.

    Alot of perks for survivor are so situational, and useless. calm spirit for example, great against the doctor, but we never know before a game starts who we are facing, is it worth running it just in case? its wasted on any other killer.

    Totems are a risky perk to use, some games they are taken out within seconds.. I know. but other games they are hard to find and last all game.

    But if survivors have to deal with the 'risk' of certain perks being wasted, then why shouldn't a killer?

  • friendlykillermainfriendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,166

    @strikingearth26 said:

    @friendlykillermain said:

    @strikingearth26 said:

    @DarkGGhost said:
    @strikingearth26 the idea is to make hex perks( survivor) that have no drawback like DS. I know the deliverance and unbreakable have a drawback and that's why are not so use are DS.

    I don't understand the stigma around DS, I refuse to use it, because 9 times out of 10, the obsession will get tunneled right from the beginning of the game... and secondly, even if I hit the skill check and bounce off the killers shoulder, chances are I won't manage to get that far away before he has hit me back down again. its very situational, I'd need to be in an area where I can loop easily, or have other survivors nearby to block or distract the killer... In almost every game I am in, If I see someone has DS, that by no means, means they will escape the game, in fact in most cases its just like having a target on their back.
    I won't use it.

    its because experienced loopers get a free shoulder escape and usaully make to saftey after a 10 minute chase were you finally hit them its really annoying

    Wish I was as good as this XD.
    I know some are, usually the one who have played since the game was first released. I only started during summer this year. and still can't loop a killer, unless they themselves are new to the game. But I face so many killers who are very skilled at the game, and me and my team (i play solo) get annihilated within minutes...

    The issue is on both sides... inexperienced survivors like myself find it hard to escape many games or get enough points to level the characters up, and inexperienced killers (perhaps just on a certain killer) find it hard to get the 4k they all want.

    The game needs some sort of hope for survivors, after 10 games in a row of the killers getting 4k's. it kinda sucks... if I NEVER escape any game, I'd end up not playing as there seems no hope.

    Alot of perks for survivor are so situational, and useless. calm spirit for example, great against the doctor, but we never know before a game starts who we are facing, is it worth running it just in case? its wasted on any other killer.

    Totems are a risky perk to use, some games they are taken out within seconds.. I know. but other games they are hard to find and last all game.

    But if survivors have to deal with the 'risk' of certain perks being wasted, then why shouldn't a killer?

    but thats the thing surviving is supposed to be hard just like getting a 4k is hard when you have a alrge aumount on this game you wll start to notice some things

  • strikingearth26strikingearth26 Member Posts: 30

    but thats the thing surviving is supposed to be hard just like getting a 4k is hard when you have a alrge aumount on this game you wll start to notice some things

    Yes I know, I'm not expecting easy wins... but neither should the killer... as I said it seems so easy to get 4k's, with the right perks, or some stupid mistake by another survivor (like unhooking when killer is still close, and the killer choosing to tunnel you straight off hook than go for the other person who unhooked, thats no fault of mine, but means i am dead now! thanks game! )

    or a killer who camps every hook, and other survivors being stupid enough to attempt to make the save instead of do gens so all end up dead... doesnt mean the killer was good, but they got the 4k...

    but reversed, only time survivors can escape (when not against an afk or farming killer) is stealth, try to never be seen by killer. this of course impacts the points you receive.

  • DarkGGhostDarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072
    @strikingearth26 and you problem you have is ? Because here we say keep your DS but make it so if you break the first totem you see you may destroy your one perks too
  • BarronBarron Member Posts: 207

    @friendlykillermain said:
    thank you to @DarkGGhost for the idea

    what if instead of just obsession perkssurvivors had totem perks.

    why
    1. survivors would now have a risk bringing in certsin perks what perks no idea what do you all think
    2. because no one can tell whos totem is whos survivors frantic to destroy hex ruin or devour hope or huntresses lullaby will end up destroying their own perks in the process unfortunately this is rng but it would make hex perks last a lot longer
    3. because the killer knows that some survivors may have had hex perks of their own they will not be inclined to camp totems
    4. this would be a much needed buff for totems while simultaneously nerfing survivors a bit
    5. although this doesnt really nerf sweaty swf the killer buff will still be helpful and great totem perks would be much more viable

    what do you all think . personally i like the idea of each totem could help you or harm you also to prevent mass totem wipes maybe totems should each have a 30 second cooldown after one is destroyed that way 4 totems wont simultaneously go off

    How many more "buff this" "buff that" for killer threads are you going to make and then expect a response? My god, I would love to see you people go back to 2016 and play the game then and then try it now. People that main killer have no idea how easy they have it at this point.

    Also, there is a point where totem buffs just become permanent perk for killers. NOED isn't fun to play against and should be able to be countered. HEX:RUIN just adds more gen time and isn't fun to play against. I swear, you really don't know the difference between "Fun" and "OP".

  • DarkGGhostDarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072
    @Barron my bear frendf I play the game from day one and I has rank 1 then ( and now) the problem is still have many problem and the game help a lot the survivors ( that ok ) and give less thing a killer to do. The idea we give you here is simply you want to have DS or some ather uncoudnterbol perk fine but you may lose it before you use if you break the first totem you see at the same time killer can use others perk sense survivors may sabotage each other. 
  • strikingearth26strikingearth26 Member Posts: 30

    @DarkGGhost said:
    @Barron my bear frendf I play the game from day one and I has rank 1 then ( and now) the problem is still have many problem and the game help a lot the survivors ( that ok ) and give less thing a killer to do. The idea we give you here is simply you want to have DS or some ather uncoudnterbol perk fine but you may lose it before you use if you break the first totem you see at the same time killer can use others perk sense survivors may sabotage each other. 

    there are still a lot of perks that become unusable in some games, deliverance, unbreakable, tenacity, adrenaline, to name just a few.... Not every survivor perk should be made to where they can be unusable. just like not all killer perks should be made to become unusable. right now, its only totem perks, and aura perks that are able to be countered, everything else can not be countered.

  • DarkGGhostDarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072

    @strikingearth26 most of the perks killer have and can not be countered have small to no impact in the game, like thanatofothia.

  • BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 11,790

    There's 5 Totems per map.
    If you want them to have Hexes too, they'll need to add more Totems. (4 Perk slots * 4 Survivors = 16 new Totems at the least, to be exact. (I say at the least, cause there's now Perks like Hex: Haunted Ground, which take up 2 Totems.))
    That's a clusterfuck.

  • DarkGGhostDarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072

    @Boss the 5 toterms will share the same totem. if the killer have no hex pperk but the survivor have it will be lit one . if a killer have one hex perk and the survivor have one it will be share .( in one)

  • redsopine01redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    How about just put haunted ground effects on all totmes in the game
  • DarkGGhostDarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072
    @redsopine01 this will be OP AF
  • redsopine01redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    It was a joke lol
Sign In or Register to comment.