Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Pain Resonance Nerf Is Not That Bad

TheDarkTyrantTheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 1,990

You can still get some information from the perk if you use it with Dead Man's Switch. I know people do that now but with them combined you'll still know where people are because it'll be blocked. You may not know how many people but you do know people are there which is still gonna be very good in my opinion.

Comments

• CaulDrohnCaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,025

The proposed Pain Resonance nerf actually destroys the synergy with DMS, since affected survivors no longer scream and the gen no longer explodes, so the survivors are not pushed from the gen via DMS effect.

• MrDardonMrDardon Member Posts: 3,395

Not that, but Pain Resonance and Surveillance will be a good combo.

Gen regresses, turns to white and instantly to yellow because the Survivors stopped the regression.

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 6,578

You can stay on the gen and M1 - Killer has no idea what gen it is.

15% without having to move is still pretty nice, though.

• Iron_CutlassIron_Cutlass Member Posts: 338

I typically use Jolt/Surge with Surveillance just for the information, not for the slowdown, did the same thing with SH:PR even with the screaming since people would get off gens then get back on them. Surveillance is super underrated when it comes to information, I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned in OP's post.

• hailxsatanxeveryxdayhailxsatanxeveryxday Member Posts: 505

But it doesn't stop them from working on it, does it? I thought that Surveillance only worked on actively regressing gens. I thought the new Pain Resonance would work the way Surge/Jolt works when you're working on a gen: you lose some progress, but you get to keep working on the gen, and Surveillance doesn't activate.

Surveillance/Dragon's Grip/Overcharge will be downright oppressive when the new patch drops, though.

• GoshJoshGoshJosh Member Posts: 4,469

Surge/Jolt explodes gens like current Pain Resonance does. New Pain Res will make them spark. Think of a survivor letting go of a generator with Ruin active.

• BloodshadeBloodshade Member Posts: 3,002

I really don't see how any of the regression & gen changes are healthy for the game tbh. I just foresee a lot more 3 gen scenarios and camping.

• Marik1987Marik1987 Member Posts: 496

What else can we Killer do? Camping is everything after the patch.

Camp the Gen for Overcharge to reach 400%, maybe with Dragons Grip or Camp at the hook to trade with the faster "Clean-Animation".

This patch is pure trash for killers, Survivors, who know what they are doing will have super easy games now.

• SeraphorSeraphor Member Posts: 4,264

Kicking it yourself is part of the pressure, your presence there drives survivors away.

If a survivor is on the gen and stays on the gen, you're only delaying it by about 13 seconds.

It's barely more than a failed skillcheck.

• GoshJoshGoshJosh Member Posts: 4,469

Not every killer has that luxury, and the gen could possibly not be worth defending. Just slowing the game down some.

When all hooks are SH, probably. I just say Grim Pantry and hooks at the edges.....

• AdjathaAdjatha Member Posts: 1,501
    edited June 25

That nerf is a significant nerf that does not invalidate the whole point of the perk.

Compare that to the Hex: Ruin rework, that might as well have been a giant flashing "DON'T BOTHER" prompt that flashes any time you try to select the perk.

Or compare it to the Borrowed Time rework, that tried to get players to stop using it by giving 50% of it to everyone for free, improved the base perk by +50% on its existing immunity, AND gives +10 seconds of +7% haste, making it better in every single way.

If only ALL the meta perks had been handled with the evenhandedness of Pain Resonance.

• BloodshadeBloodshade Member Posts: 3,002

This patch is pure trash for killers, Survivors, who know what they are doing will have super easy games now.

idk about that but the base 2.5% instant regression + normal regression does nothing for killers who don't have the mobility to get to a gen, kick it, then chase whoever was on it (since they're gonna be long gone by the time you do all that). Like the whole reason Ruin was good was because you didn't have to do that, you could just chase someone off the gen and have the gen regress. Now you're just forced to let the gen go or let the survivor go, so you have to make up the pressure in other ways (like camping and 3-genning). 90 second gens just delays the inevitable if you don't, and if you've ever played Eyrie of Crows/Mother's Dwelling/Garden of Joy/Blood Lodge as an M1 killer you know how little the chase changes will work out for you.

We'll see but I just don't think this patch will achieve the idea of making killers less reliant on gen regression perks. I think the weaker killers will just have to adopt lamer, lazier strategies.

I play M1 most of the time. I feel frustrated about this patch and I cant find Fairness anywhere.

• AurelleAurelle Member Posts: 2,588

It's still a strong perk despite it's nerfs. Yes, it loses the information aspect, but it's still strong.

And then u look at the placements in 7 out of 10 games.... all at one side of the map, all in the corners of Grim Pantry or on top of the crow-tower. Hell yeah!

• TheSubstituteTheSubstitute Member Posts: 908

I agree. Pain Resonance is still strong. The 15% flat regression will be as much or better than PoP unless the gen is over three quarters repaired with the added bonus of not having to walk (but the disadvantage of being locational).

Killers can still know where survivors are by using BBQ for its actual aura reading or any of Surveillance, Call of Brine, Floods of Rage, Discordance, etc. It's not like we don't have options.

DMS will still have some synergy as high mobility Killers can still easily take survivors off of gens as well as the Artist and, to a lesser extent, Impossible Skill Check Doctor.

Low mobility Killers can also synergize DMS unless they're hellbent on protecting the world's loneliest gen off in a corner of the map instead of working on defending an actually defensible set of generators; it's just not instaneous anymore.

Overall, it's a pretty strong perk still.

• lauraalauraa Member Posts: 2,737
    edited June 25

I never bothered too much with the DMS combo, I used Starstruck more anyways so im not too bothered by it.

I will say though that I will miss the screaming especially with Doc. Pain Res+Iron Maiden is like a symphony of pain

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 7,953

I will definitely still be using Pain Resonance just for the 15% regression per hook. The explosion was just a bonus to me, not the main reason I used the perk.