Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

Powers that are hurt by items

TheDarkTyrantTheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 1,991

Why do some killers still have powers that are effected by items? I don't think this should be a thing in the game. As I'm sure you know I mean stuff like zombies for Nemesis being blinded or Wraith being light burned or Hag losing her traps to flashlights I think is very dumb. The fact that a power can kinda be destroyed just because they brought in or accidentally found an item shouldn't happen. One team might not have a flashlight making the power normal and much stronger but the next match the team might have a better chance just because they brought one. It's the same issue when Small Game just told you where Trapper traps were or maps did. What do you think? Do you think killer powers should be effected by items?

Comments

• IcaursIcaurs Member Posts: 483

Exactly, any killer whose counterplay is an item is poorly made and neds to be kill switched until their power is reworked.

Looks at Artist

• Grandpa_Crack_PipeGrandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 2,687

Why does Wraith get absolutely beaned by Flashlights while Nurse gets extremely mild skin irritation, for that matter?

• humanbeing1704humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 7,426
    edited June 26

I personally think it's fine in regards to lightborn it should be buffed for said flashlight effected powers if you don't wanna deal with it

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 12,233

On a case to case-basis I think it is fine and not fine.

Hag-->If they nerf her in a way, I would gladly give up the ability to burn her Traps. It takes a lot of charges anyway and if they lower her camping potential (like removing all Traps near a Hook once a Survivor is unhooked), this would be good.

Lightburn-->This should go. There is 0 point why this mechanic should exist. Especially because it only applies to Nurse and Wraith. And lets be real - it only applies to Wraith, because nobody tries to lightburn a Nurse.

Nemesis-->I think it is fine to blind Zombies. There is no other way to deal with them, except for slamming a Pallet on their head, which is a waste of Ressources. So blinding them is OK IMO.