Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 6-1-0 PTB Feedback
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

The Grind feels exactly the same IMO

Kira4EvrKira4Evr Member Posts: 1,887

Before the 75% Grind reduction, 1 million BP's could take you to Lvl 40 if you took a cheap path. That basically means that you would take a Tier 1 perk over a tier 3.

And now, when perks don't show up in my blood web. I still just got to Lvl 40 with 1 million BP's. And if it's like that for 1 character that is already P3 with all perks, wouldn't it just cost more to lvl up a character that isn't P3 or that doesn't have all the non-teachable?

Comments

• Tranquil_BlueTranquil_Blue Member Posts: 239
    edited June 30

It's not that each bloodweb is supposed to cost 75% less. The idea is when you prestige characters, all other characters get the Tier I (or Tier II or Tier III) teachable perks, so over the course of upgrading all characters, you save a lot of bloodpoints.

It's by no means a perfect system for everyone, but it does help many players save bloodpoints in the long run. That said, it is still a crazy grind, and they also added a nasty prestige "tax" and removed the BBQ and WGLF bloodpoint bonuses.

• GillyBeannnGillyBeannn Member Posts: 404

removing perks tier altogether would've still been a better solution but we can't just take the easy way out can we? :)

• DsnoozDsnooz Member Posts: 192

Removing tiers would still reduce the grind even more. You would only need to prestige once instead of three times.

• tensu950tensu950 Member Posts: 51

The only people this saved a grind on are people who have been playing for so long already that they have every character at p3. For literally everyone else in the game it just makes the grind worse. if you have 3000+ hours into the game they saved you a bit of time however if you have not you still need to grind out that 3k+ hours of getting every toon to p3 to benefit

• MoemartiMoemarti Member Posts: 20

Its even worse. They force us to prestige and go back to getting 4 items per bloodweb and we have to pay 50K BP to prestige.

• Tranquil_BlueTranquil_Blue Member Posts: 239

Lol yep. There's a 50,000 bp cost to prestige, and you MUST prestige. Lots of people have been complaining about this, so HOPEFULLY they will either remove the prestige "tax" or at least significantly lower the amount.

You have to keep in mind that, as a company, they do not want to literally reduce the grind by 75% (i.e. keep the same system, but everything in the bloodwebs costs 75% less). The new grind is definitely better to some extent, but it is still a massive grind, and that's by design.

• OnyxOnyx Member Posts: 200

It wouldn't be a perfect solution, it would just be shoving the problem down the road, because eventually there would, again, be so many perks that getting all perks on every character will, once become a chore, because the work is exponential (with every new chapter you have to go to every previous character to unlock 3 new perks).

Would your solution be a much simpler and instant temporary solution for the immediate future? Yes, that is literally just 2 bloodwebs to get all 3 perks on a character when a new chapter releases. However, remember, if you want everybody to have all those perks you have to unlock (n-1)*2 bloodwebs, where N is the number of chapters, PLUS you have to get all perks on the current character which is (n-1)*3 perks (again n is number of chapters), that is without prestiging btw.

With the new system, however, you can work on just ONE character to unlock all perks T3 on everybody and that character will already have all the other perks T3 from the previous characters. Also, I think something everybody seems to ignore is this one fact: If you get a character to P3 it unlocks those perks tier 1 on everybody and then tiers 2 and 3 will appear on everybody's bloodweb if you decide to stop and NOT further prestige that character to 3. What does that mean? Is that if you main just one character you can still technically do what you did before, except now you have to push to P1, which is 10 more levels from level 40 (the previous stopping point for a character).

I see a lot of people missing the last part, so just wanted to point it out that the old levelling system is technically still there in some part. You only have to get a character to P2 and 3 if you really want that characters perks to become tier 3 on every character rather than just one.

• CoffeecrashingCoffeecrashing Member Posts: 537

Getting someone to P1 is only useful if you want or need all 3 perks unlocked. For example, if all I want from Sadako is Floods of rage, then I only want that perk unlocked, and I want the other 2 to stay locked, and I definitely do not want to P1 Sadako. Unlocking 1 perk adds three perk levels to the blood webs. Getting someone to P1 adds six perk levels to the bloodwebs, four of which I don’t even care about, which means I made things worse if I brought Sadako to P1.