Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

Thanatophobia Buff or Rework?

Hello people of The Fog! I have an idea! Let's change Thanatophobia! By change I really mean buff, but nonetheless, it'll still work. Buff the numbers to 10%/20%/30%/40%. If that's too much for you, then make it 15%/20%/25%/30%. I don't know any number combinations that would be good to play against, but it breaks my heart to see learning Killer mains that need nurturing thinking that this is a good selection. If we had to rework it, maybe there could be something like: Injuring, downing, or hooking a Survivor reduces a random Survivor gains a token that reduces their action speed by 5%/7%/10% for 15/20/25 seconds, up to a maximum of 4 tokens. This would make it more reliable and impactful, and it actually rewards the Killer for consistent brutality, much like the perk was originally designed to do (I think). Anyway, let me know if this is a good or bad idea, and if the devs should listen or even pursue it. -Insert conclusive outro-

Comments

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,227

LMFAO 40% you're kidding right? That's like Dying Light x2.

Make it a flat 5% per tier. That's all it really needs. Yes tier 1 gets weaker, but all the other tiers are stronger. With 4 stacks it would take 100 seconds to solo a gen, no other buffs/debuffs. 20 seconds for a heal, and 40 seconds for Self Care (basically Sloppy Butcher).

• blue4zionblue4zion Member Posts: 2,436

I personally think that all it needs is to keep the penalties after the survivors are sacrificed.

• azazerazazer Member Posts: 446
    blue4zion said:

I personally think that all it needs is to keep the penalties after the survivors are sacrificed.

Agreed. If the debuff remained after a sacrifice it would be fine
  • xmenfanaticxmenfanatic Member Posts: 816

@blue4zion said:

That would make Left Behind a perk worth considering, and possibly make Left Behind worth a minor rework

• MegaWaffleMegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@ItsDaEmuDood
    It needs a rework. The problem is the % are too low to be effective even if we keep them after death like @blue4zion suggested, and the perk would become too powerful if the % are increased. I would simply like to see the perk reworked into something new.

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Thanatophobia is the fear of death so it still working after a Survivor has died actually makes sense because someone just died, which is their fear with this perk.