Home Feedback Feedback and Suggestions
With regards to Error 112, we apologise that this error is still affecting our players and can assure you it is receiving our attention. Please bear with us and we will update with more information when we can.

Make killers choose ir they want to play against survivor friends

Comments

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,071

I believe that's the one where the stats came from possibly but @Orion knows for sure.

Perhaps they know which one exactly and where the exact stats everyone has been referencing since around 7 or so months ago.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 15,629

@powerbats said:
    I believe that's the one where the stats came from possibly but @Orion knows for sure.

Perhaps they know which one exactly and where the exact stats everyone has been referencing since around 7 or so months ago.

You overestimate my memory.

@Orion said:

@powerbats said:

LIES !!!!!!! and besides I'm the old decrepit fossil here so my memory is the worser of the pair of us, 😜

edited December 2018

@powerbats said:

@Orion said:

@powerbats said:

LIES !!!!!!! and besides I'm the old decrepit fossil here so my memory is the worser of the pair of us, 😜

I have ADD. If I'm off my Ritalin, I can literally forget what I'm saying mid-sentence. This becomes very obvious during my streams.

@Orion said:

@powerbats said:

@Orion said:

@powerbats said:

I have ADD. If I'm off my Ritalin, I can literally forget what I'm saying mid-sentence. This becomes very obvious during my streams.

I think I've got AHAD or w/e it's called or was it Aspergers my oldest has it as well. I'm still a handsome old devil though. I even come with my own built in deviousness so no need to ever put an offering up. 😁

• Wolf74Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@powerbats Anyway… you have to do your calculations anew. 52.8% instead of 30%.

@Wolf74 said:
    @powerbats Anyway… you have to do your calculations anew. 52.8% instead of 30%.

Ok, Ill redo it then sigh I'd gone through so many recalculations of that to make sure it was right fml haha. But on the positive side at least I don't have t calculate cross platform play numbers.

I do still wonder however how long the data set was for and whether it was during an event or FTP time frame since both will really skew the numbers.

• bloxebloxe Member Posts: 81
    CornChip said:

Calm down bloke you can already dodge the SWF players you seem to hate so much. Just leave the lobby.

I know, but I feel like this is what the game is from mid-rank onwards, so I'm trying to learn how to play against them. 

But it just makes me want to close the game, even if I get 4 kills.

Its just way too abusive.
  • CrowSCrowS Member Posts: 67

Somebody tell me again why SWF isn't just Unranked?

Allowing Ranked & Unranked play seems to fix this.

• WaharaWahara Member Posts: 215

They say that it will increase lobby times by splitting the player base in half, but that seems to be overstated.

Every other competitive game can get away with this. I'm sure dead by daylight will live.

edited December 2018

NM

@Wahara said:
    They say that it will increase lobby times by splitting the player base in half, but that seems to be overstated.

Every other competitive game can get away with this. I'm sure dead by daylight will live.

I'm with @Wahara every other competitive gaming community seems to do fine with this, why is it a problem for DBD?

@CrowS said:

@Wahara said:

I'm with @Wahara every other competitive gaming community seems to do fine with this, why is it a problem for DBD?

All these other ones you refer to all have MASSIVE player bases to them.

powerbats said:

But he didnt refer to any game.

??????????
  • se05239se05239 Member Posts: 3,920

@CrowS said:

@Wahara said:

Survivor fun has always been more important for the developers, so not letting SWF squads feel skilled by reaching rank 1 with minimal effort would cause some dissatisfaction to their beloved player-base.

I am thinking practically though. How would unranked SWFs match up? With killers who go casual too? Against killers of any rank?

• VisionmakerVisionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited December 2018

SWF is a part of the game and will always be. It is everyone's responsibility to adjust.

Similarly, just because I don't like to and don't want to play against Nurse, widely accepted as the strongest killer, doesn't mean I get to opt out.

SWF is a part of the game and will always be. It is everyone's responsibility to adjust.

Similarly, just because I don't like to and don't want to play against Nurse, widely accepted as the strongest killer, doesn't mean I get to opt out.

Thats one of the stupidest things I've ever read. Nurse is a pick. And it also requires some skill to be strong.

The mere act of communication as SWF brokes the game.

For example: if I'm using a Hex perk, and one of them finds it. I kill him, and bring him to a hook away from it, but then all other 3 know where it is. He broke my game by using a communication app, outside the game. Is that fair?

@bloxe said:
    powerbats said:

But he didnt refer to any game.

??????????

I used the same generality they did and your confused by me doing this but not them why now? Below is the 2 posts right above mine that you couldn't have missed. So how did you miss their generality for games but somehow noticed it in mine?

@CrowS said:

@Wahara said:

@powerbats said:

@CrowS said:

@Wahara said:

The devs said that ten million people have played the game so far.

edited December 2018

@bloxe said:
    Visionmaker said:

Thats one of the stupidest things I've ever read. Nurse is a pick. And it also requires some skill to be strong.

The mere act of communication as SWF brokes the game.

For example: if I'm using a Hex perk, and one of them finds it. I kill him, and bring him to a hook away from it, but then all other 3 know where it is. He broke my game by using a communication app, outside the game. Is that fair?

Thats one of the stupidest things I've ever read. SWF is just more than one person playing together. And it also requires some skill to be strong.

The mere act of teleporting past pallets and obstacles as Nurse brokes the game.

For example: if I'm using Borrowed Time, and Nurse sees me from across the map. I unhook a teammate and try to run, but then Nurse can just ignore my Borrowed Time and teleport straight to the injured guy. He broke my game because Nurse is overpowered and we can't do anything in the game to run. Is that fair?

• RWoodrowRWoodrow Member Posts: 262
    Opting out of facing SWF groups wouldn't fix the issue.

@Orion said:

@powerbats said:

@CrowS said:

@Wahara said:

Yes and how many those are from FTP events, probably a huge portion so that number is inflated and not really relevant to the discussion at hand. League of Legends is FTP, OVerwatch has inflated numbers every time they've got a free event.

Orion said:

@powerbats said:

@CrowS said:

@Wahara said:

And yet it still gives me opponents with ridiculous rank disparities!
    edited December 2018

Thats one of the stupidest things I've ever read. SWF is just more than one person playing together. And it also requires some skill to be strong.

The mere act of teleporting past pallets and obstacles as Nurse brokes the game.

For example: if I'm using Borrowed Time, and Nurse sees me from across the map. I unhook a teammate and try to run, but then Nurse can just ignore my Borrowed Time and teleport straight to the injured guy. He broke my game because Nurse is overpowered and we can't do anything in the game to run. Is that fair?

Sure mate, try to distort as much as you need to make yourself believe that its the same. It wont change the fact that it isnt.

Your mental gymnastics wont fool nobody but yourself.

Your issue seems to be with nurse, so find or create a thread about it. This one is about SWF.

• tt_ivi_99tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,270
    bloxe said:
    Its not fair to play with your 3 boyfriends while the killer plays solo. 

Not to mention the people from rank 2 and 3 that plays with friends with ranks way lower just because they cant handle the killer of their own ranks.

Is frustrating to play with survivor friends both as a killer and as survivor.

Unless the other side agrees, real gamers play solo.
    If killer could choose, they'd never go against SWF. 
    edited December 2018
    tt_ivi_99 said:
    bloxe said:

Not to mention the people from rank 2 and 3 that plays with friends with ranks way lower just because they cant handle the killer of their own ranks.

It needs some think to make it ok, for example: he could get a % bonus at bloodpoints. Risk vs reward.

@bloxe said:
    tt_ivi_99 said:

bloxe said:

It needs some think to make it ok, for example: he could get a % bonus at bloodpoints. Risk vs reward.

This is something a lot of people would like to see on both sides a bonus x % multiplier where x is the number of SWF players in your lobby. You'd not know until post game what the size/bonus was so that that way you still don't simply dodge.

You could also have an opt in option to face a higher % of swf groups which would give you bonus blood points for queueing up to a harder group.

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,398

Will survive with friend can be infuriating at time NOOOOOooooooooo

They should buff solo player to bring them to have the same tool as swf and then balance the game from there

Mainly the dev should had in game voice chat for survivor so they don't have to do silly thing like making perk baseline

See I would like for solo players to have equal power to SWF.... but how though? You see unless they separate solo from SWF I don't see this happening because when they buff solo they SWF...

@Bravo0413 said:
    Dragonredking said:

They should buff solo player to bring them to have the same tool as swf and then balance the game from there

Mainly the dev should had in game voice chat for survivor so they don't have to do silly thing like making perk baseline

See I would like for solo players to have equal power to SWF.... but how though? You see unless they separate solo from SWF I don't see this happening because when they buff solo they SWF...

What they've said they want to do is buff solo to swf level information wise basically a base Bond kit for solo players. That would bring them up to the information level other than totems which a totem counter could be given to them.

Once they're at the same level information wise they can then buff all killers to face that level.

• DragonredkingDragonredking Member Posts: 874
    edited December 2018

@Bravo0413 said:
    Dragonredking said:

Literaly the only thing that separate solo and swf from being equal is that swf rhyme with voice chat.

Making perk baseline to try to close the gap is ridiculous and a huge waste of time since simply adding voice com between the survivor will give the same potential to solo and swf

Like Marie-Antoinette once said "Let them have voice com"