Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Upcoming meta perk nerf is just band-aid solution for map design

You can nerf Dead Hard all you want, it’s still not gonna make playing Pig any better on maps like Mothers Dwelling or Pallet City (the Game), and not just Pig, Myers, Trapper or any other M1 killer

I feel like around 80% of the issues facing the game could be fixed by reworking a lot of maps. Addressing not just the size, but also things like tiles, gen spread, totem spawns, survivor spawn locations ect

I’ve lost count of how many times I’ll load in on Red Forest and with Lethal Pursuer watched, utterly helpless as survivors 500 miles away, spawn on my totem cleansing it before I even have a chance to stop them, all while the rest of the team complete a gen in the time it takes me to traverse the map

Comments

• DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 2,948

Perks are just perks. What will help these killers is the basekit changes. But of course fixing the maps would have been better but it's a lot more work.

• Nathan13Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,386

I get what you’re saying.

• GindaenGindaen Member Posts: 374

After playing last night with friends and having a killer and another survivor hold one of my friends hostage in a game for 30 minutes but continually healing, then downing them...

I have realized what the real problem is with DBD. It's a game that encourages toxic behavior.

Conspiracy Time...

I am beginning to believe the developers are actively encouraging toxic behavior for killers. Don't get me wrong, survivors are also have toxic things, but the serious toxic stuff, like holding the game hostage was effectively removed from survivors with EGC and killers having the ability to open the gates. Flashlight clicking and teabagging is honestly nothing compared to the killer-players ability to completely prevent players from playing the game.

Killers on the other hand have all these amazing effective tools to send players packing to other games. Killers can face-camp at gen 5, tunnel at gen 5, slug for 4 minutes, body-block a survivor in a corner until they DC; all of these things completely prevent a player from playing the game.

I almost feel as if this game is using the exact plot from the movie "The Producers". The entire plot to the movie is that they can make more money from a flop than a good movie.

And I say this after playing other competitive games. I've never seen a game that allows that level of toxicity, ever.

When this game first came out, the game was great. It was rare where you saw this level of toxicity. But now, it's just become ridiculous. It's like the game is imploding in upon itself with the weight of all the toxicity, like a giant black hole.

• The_C12H15NO2The_C12H15NO2 Member Posts: 327

Spot on. Map & tile design are both the issue here. All the perk changes and anti-loop power creep killers lately are trying to band-aid fix poor map/tile deigns. I've posted it before on the forum but i'm a nobody so here are the ideas i like so far:

1. Maps should all roughly be similar total size. Larger maps clearly favor survivors, while small maps favor killers. By total size i don't mean all maps should be the same cube shape. They can be different shapes & multi-level still but the total space should be similar.
    2. The amount of safe tiles need to be decreased and spaced apart. Create the right amount of distance between safe tiles so that it's a 50/50 if the survivor can make it to the next before being hit by the killer.
    3. Scrap all safe tiles and replace them with multiple "playable" tiles where the better mind game or real skill plays win the chase. Many tiles close together which are playable means it's a skill game instead of a "drop pallet, tea bag, run to next safe pallet" race to the no skill play championship.
  • Marik1987Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,068
    edited July 18

Too many maps are too big and that means they are too survivor-sided. Normal M1-Killers have always a hard time of MacMillain, Red Forest etc.

• ShroompyShroompy Member Posts: 3,879

yknow if they reworked maps instead this post would of been called: "Map reworks is just a band-aid fix for bad perk design"

• ButterFlee13ButterFlee13 Member Posts: 104
    edited July 18

I think when they create map, they should have rule like.

2 Gen must be near windows and pallets. (Free Gens)

2 Gen must be where the area is deserted, lack windows and one unsafe pallet.

other gens is 50/50.

This is just gens placement, so it wont affect to the creative process at all.