Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.3.0 PTB starts today. For more information and patch notes, click here.

Nice Doctor nerf, devs!

RSBRSB Member Posts: 2,258

"Specific actions that are not considered ‘Healing’ actions, will no longer be affected by perks that refer to healing.
Mend, Snap out of it, and Wake up, are no longer considered healing actions, and as such, will not be affected by perks that refer to healing."

PS. Legion will still be [BAD WORD], because: "While not in a chase, the Deep Wound timer will tick down – even while using the Mend action. As long as The Survivor continues to mend, the timer will not progress past 99% and will not go into the dying state."

Timer ticking down while mending is a good thing, but irrelevant, when "the timer will not progress past 99% and will not go into the dying state."

This, with a couple of bug fixes (double stun and vault distance) won't fix him.

Comments

• RSBRSB Member Posts: 2,258

@alivebydeadight said:
    doctor needed a nerf, he got a nerf, its a win-win, just an issue that they nerfed kruger again

Are you serious, or failed to write "/s" at the end? Do you consider Doctor an OP character, that needed a nerf?

• alivebydeadightalivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

doctor is an anti stealth killer that is really annoying and in my opinion a top tier sense he is strong in and outside of the chase, he needed the nerf and they nerfed him, in tier 3 you can only preform so little actions, nurses currently outside of the ptb effects this making it almost impossible to use snap out of it, with this change it helps survivors gain an advantage against doctor and can use snap out of it as a stealth option

• starkiller1286starkiller1286 Member Posts: 683
    He really didn't need the nerf honestly snap out of it is easy which is why they buffed it to allow NC in the first place. 

@starkiller1286 said:
    He really didn't need the nerf honestly snap out of it is easy which is why they buffed it to allow NC in the first place. 

I know snap out of it is easy but the original hurt newer players facing killers that had rank reset pull them to rank 16 or 20

edited December 2018

@alivebydeadight said:
    doctor is an anti stealth killer that is really annoying and in my opinion a top tier sense he is strong in and outside of the chase, he needed the nerf and they nerfed him, in tier 3 you can only preform so little actions, nurses currently outside of the ptb effects this making it almost impossible to use snap out of it, with this change it helps survivors gain an advantage against doctor and can use snap out of it as a stealth option

Top tier? Goodin chase? He is a noob stomper, nothing more. Outside of R15-10 he us not good, a normal, loopable killer.

Really, I lose faith in the players of this game,

@RSB said:

@alivebydeadight said:

Top tier? Goodin chase? He is a noob stomper, nothing more. Outside of R15-10 he us not good, a normal, loopable killer.

If you shock the pallet the survivor cannot use it, if you shock players before they vault they cannot preform it, if they were using snap out of it and you had nurses and shocked them it cancelled the action, tier 3 survivors cannot use flashlights, and you think that he didnt deserve the nerf?!?!?, the other thing to stack onto this is that shock lasts for a little after being shocked and the scream is over

• starkiller1286starkiller1286 Member Posts: 683

@starkiller1286 said:

I know snap out of it is easy but the original hurt newer players facing killers that had rank reset pull them to rank 16 or 20

Then they should just hard lock it at rank 15 once you reach it. I haven't played in months but I know I can hit skill checks and catch survivors well enough. I guess we're back to low rank balancing again. 

@alivebydeadight said:

@RSB said:

@alivebydeadight said:

If you shock the pallet the survivor cannot use it, if you shock players before they vault they cannot preform it, if they were using snap out of it and you had nurses and shocked them it cancelled the action, tier 3 survivors cannot use flashlights, and you think that he didnt deserve the nerf?!?!?, the other thing to stack onto this is that shock lasts for a little after being shocked and the scream is over

Yeah, and how manytimes you timed the switch to go in Treatment mode, and shocked the survivor exactly when he tried to drop the pallet? Do you know how hard is it?

About NC - yeah, survivor HEALIND IN THE TR OF THE KILLER is killer's fault, sure.

• MhhBurgersMhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,776

If you get shocked just keep running? he's slowing down while loading up the shock. wtf is it with survivors being this bad.

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 5,453

@starkiller1286 said:

Let's keep balancing around noob ranks like every other multiplayer game does...
    Oh wait...
  • AshleyWBAshleyWB Member Posts: 4,009
    An example of a buff Doc could do with is that instead of shocking just making you scream he can stun you in place too. 

I think the terror radius static is kinda meaningless. I think he should have a power gauge which lets him stun survivors in place until it depletes. A hit would mean they sprint burst away.

Any survivor in madness should have their auras revealed for 5 seconds every 20 seconds. Or something like that. I have played a lot as and against doc and the prompts and auras you see are just too much to process. I hardly ever use any strategy with my shocks just bam bam with my baseball bat. 

well apparently me trying to help just pissed everybody off, that makes trying to help even harder

and last thing to add in, why not just make switching between modes faster then

• AshleyWBAshleyWB Member Posts: 4,009
    @alivebydeadight That type of stuff happens all the time on here. Some people on here are just so stubborn a lot of the time and they float around looking to pick apart at simple points just for a bit of drama.

Not necessarily the ones commenting on this thread but its a theme which is getting more common.

You could say something as simple as Rank 20's struggle to disarm trapper traps and a whole wave of people will swarm in to tell you how you are wrong even though its an opinion.
  • brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 5,385
    That will definitely be what kills the Doctor, the most annoying killer to play against.

@AshleyWB said:
    @alivebydeadight That type of stuff happens all the time on here. Some people on here are just so stubborn a lot of the time and they float around looking to pick apart at simple points just for a bit of drama.

Not necessarily the ones commenting on this thread but its a theme which is getting more common.

You could say something as simple as Rank 20's struggle to disarm trapper traps and a whole wave of people will swarm in to tell you how you are wrong even though its an opinion.

I know, ffs, they do one little change the community takes it wrong, then we get another freddy

• VietfoxVietfox Member Posts: 3,826
    edited December 2018
    I don't run NC as the doctor so...
  • White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 2,712
    edited December 2018

Honestly I'm disappointed. People tried to help giving feedback by comparing mending to snap out of it in the hope of buffing the former, and in response they nerfed the latter (probably for "consistency")... I mean, wtf? I usually support the devs but this was a [BAD WORD] move.

• TheBeanTheBean Member Posts: 2,320

That is what happens when you get a bunch of killer mains together trying to argue logic.

Arguing that if the Doctor's Snap Out Of It, is being considered a healing action, then so should Mending.

Well.. They listened.... But did the reverse.

LULS

GGs

• The_CrusaderThe_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    edited December 2018
    Eh, least that frees up the Nurse's calling perk slot for that new locker perk.
  • DreamnomadDreamnomad Member Posts: 2,781

From a practical stand point, how does this change things? I never thought of "snap out of it" as a healing action in the first place. Doesn't this basically mean that things like botany knowledge don't help survivors?

@Dreamnomad said:
    From a practical stand point, how does this change things? I never thought of "snap out of it" as a healing action in the first place. Doesn't this basically mean that things like botany knowledge don't help survivors?

Very high numbers of Doctors used NC, just for Snap Out of It.
    Who uses Botany? Literally no one.

• ItsYourBoyGuzmaItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 799

Jesus talk about unloading a shotgun on an already dead horse(aka freddy) ...
    And now theyre slowly dragging doc down with him,

My prayers go out for Doc + Freddy players

@ItsYourBoyGuzma said:
    Jesus talk about unloading a shotgun on an already dead horse(aka freddy) ...
    And now theyre slowly dragging doc down with him,

My prayers go out for Doc + Freddy players

I guess they did not want the new "killer" be the worst, so they nerfed Freddy. The Legion can be the second worst killer, not the first. Yay.

• DreamnomadDreamnomad Member Posts: 2,781

@RSB said:

@Dreamnomad said:

Very high numbers of Doctors used NC, just for Snap Out of It.
    Who uses Botany? Literally no one.

Well, I never use nurse's calling on doctor and I do fine with him. This isn't a big deal. Frankly, it should never have been considering a healing action because it makes no sense for it to. If anything, this seems like a bug fix to me.