Home PTB Feedback Archives 2.4.0 PTB
The 4.0.0 PTB is now available on Steam! For patch notes, instruction and more details, click here.

Mend Still Isn't A Threat

FeleasFeleas Member Posts: 85

Continuing the timer during Mend action; Awesome.

Mend progress reset on being hit; Great decision.

Deep Wound timer stopping at 99% while Mending; Wut?

Why make it so that the Survivors can safely mend without threat still? It's like the changes that were done didn't change a thing because:

1) It still doesn't down you so long as you're Mending.

2) Don't have to worry about the timer if in chase.

In both scenarios the Survivors do NOT have to feel threatened by the Deep Wound effect in any way.

Comments

• Keene_KillsKeene_Kills Member Posts: 649

Also, they only stated an attack with Feral Frenzy will stop someone in a Deep Wounds progression. Not sure if including JUST that attack by name meant no other attacks could stop it or not, but the wording sure sounded like it.

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

If they removed the 99% then hitting someone with Frenzy would be a SERIOUS threat to them and not to Legion, resetting their progress and then BAM they go down. That person can stay down until while Legion chases someone else, that's scary, that's a threat, that's what Legion needs. Give us that and him having a slow movement speed is perfectly fine and balanced.

• PigNRunPigNRun Member Posts: 2,396

@Keene_Kills said:
    Also, they only stated an attack with Feral Frenzy will stop someone in a Deep Wounds progression. Not sure if including JUST that attack by name meant no other attacks could stop it or not, but the wording sure sounded like it.

Unless I misunderstand what you are trying to say, why does it matter? If someone under a Deep Wounds effect is hit with a normal attack, they are downed.

@PigNRun said:

@Keene_Kills said:

Unless I misunderstand what you are trying to say, why does it matter? If someone under a Deep Wounds effect is hit with a normal attack, they are downed.

My base concern was really Doc's Shock Therapy. Sure, you may be close enough to launch a hit to put them down, but if they're inside a building or around a wall and you think they're close to finishing a Mend, will Shock Therapy's stun stop and reset the bar? One has to ask, because they've went so far as to make Snap Out of It, Wake Up, and Mending all non-healing oriented in an effort to clarify across the board... you'd think they'd included possible other possible non-attacks if they could do the same instead of just stating Frenzy by name. From their wording, that's what makes me think things like Shock Therapy won't reset Mending bar (hope it's just an oversight on their part on wording, but at this point, it's best to not assume).

@Keene_Kills said:

@PigNRun said:

@Keene_Kills said:

My base concern was really Doc's Shock Therapy. Sure, you may be close enough to launch a hit to put them down, but if they're inside a building or around a wall and you think they're close to finishing a Mend, will Shock Therapy's stun stop and reset the bar? One has to ask, because they've went so far as to make Snap Out of It, Wake Up, and Mending all non-healing oriented in an effort to clarify across the board... you'd think they'd included possible other possible non-attacks if they could do the same instead of just stating Frenzy by name. From their wording, that's what makes me think things like Shock Therapy won't reset Mending bar (hope it's just an oversight on their part on wording, but at this point, it's best to not assume).

Well Snap out of It always resets when they let go or stop for any reason, I don't think they're changing that.

Correct, but I'm wondering if Shock Therapy is going to stop and reset Mend's bar. I'd like to assume it would, but they made it a point to only name Frenzy when mentioning resetting Mend's progress bar in the change notes so it has me a bit iffy. So, let's say somebody is playing Doc. He gets one person hooked, then that person gets taken off the hook by somebody with Borrowed Time. The previously hooked survivor runs off into a safe spot and begins Mending. I'm wondering if Shock Therapy will be worth using to stop Mend progress, since only Frenzy was named in the wording as being able to reset the Mend progress bar.

@Keene_Kills said:
    Correct, but I'm wondering if Shock Therapy is going to stop and reset Mend's bar. I'd like to assume it would, but they made it a point to only name Frenzy when mentioning resetting Mend's progress bar in the change notes so it has me a bit iffy. So, let's say somebody is playing Doc. He gets one person hooked, then that person gets taken off the hook by somebody with Borrowed Time. The previously hooked survivor runs off into a safe spot and begins Mending. I'm wondering if Shock Therapy will be worth using to stop Mend progress, since only Frenzy was named in the wording as being able to reset the Mend progress bar.

Oh, that is a valid point and would you look at that, a new thing brought into the game, can anything reset the Mending of Borrowed Time like Frenzy? I want that, can we has that pwease?