Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Why are devs so silent on midchapter desaster?

TiufalTiufal Member Posts: 1,252

Let's be honest. The midchapter is a desaster on several levels. When do we get some statements on the miserable situation? Will they try to sit it out? Do they think data will change miraculously if they waitlong enough? Feedback from ptb was ignored, they purposely forced their "balancing" unto the community. How long do we have to suffer from this disastrous midchapter? How many players are they willing to sacrifice for their unreasonable changes? They really need to put up some extraordinary statement to justify this mess.

Comments

• Thusly_BonedThusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,000

Yeah, there is a Nurse situation developing, or more accurately intensifying because the Nurse is a situation.

• BranBran Member Posts: 1,814

All you gotta do is praise the update and you'll get your response

• AkumakajiAkumakaji Member Posts: 3,549

Me too. In the evening and the night killer queues are 1-3mins, but during the day I play exclusively survivors and I am enjoying the game basically the same as before the patch.

The first couple of days were atrocious because of all the DCs and dying on hooks and many survivors flat out refusing to do gens. I legitly had two matches were I did ALL gens, because everyone else was busy getting chased and trading hooks.

But now most survivors in my games seem to have adapted pretty well. And my killer games nearly feel identical in tone then from before the patch, albeit not as stressful and the absence of DH is balm on my ravaged killer soul.

• TiufalTiufal Member Posts: 1,252

Fun thing. I had two days of soloq with just one game not escaping. But that was just mmr being on point:4 good survivor vs one really bad killer. Today I had the usual experience: 3 at best average mates vs one average or even bad killer. Not a single escape. I even lost against a babynurse that needed like 6 or more blinks to hit someone but with tunneling the first bad mate out at 2 remaining gens and stacking her slowdowns it was impossible to get those two gens done.

• BadZillaBadZilla Member Posts: 461

Same experience sadly and when I try to play killer I get faced with them 15min queue times, It's insane that I can only play 2 killer matches per hour now while survivor matches are instant.

• jesterkindjesterkind Member Posts: 4,231

Not everything that got changed from the PTB was to cater to "killer mains", even if we accept that shockingly unhelpful framing.

The changes they made to the prestige system benefit everyone, and they addressed Overcharge, just off the top of my head.

If we must continue looking at things through the lens of "x side", the survivor side weren't left in the lurch here. There's plenty that benefits survivors, and that side is more enjoyable now too- provided you get a team that doesn't give up, anyway, which admittedly isn't within your control if you play solo lol

• CyberRoninXCyberRoninX Member Posts: 293

And solo probably makes up 70% of games killers are paired against, if not more than that which makes your argument moot. There was almost nothing that benefited survivors this patch. A few perks got a minor buff that's it. Killers recieved a huge buff to perks and base kit. If you can count to 5 you can still tunnel anyone you want and they did nothing to address camping.

• rvzrvzrvzrvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 538

Delete nurse and game is pretty good right now, all killers are playable, just need few tweaks like making DS useful again and nerfing facecamp a bit, removing hookgrab for example

• jesterkindjesterkind Member Posts: 4,231

Yes, but let's not fall into the trap of pretending that you get braindead teammates every match. In most matches they're at least trying, and even if they weren't, what exactly would a balance patch change in that regard?

There was plenty that benefit survivor this patch. Not as much as killer, for obvious reasons, but survivors get to benefit from the shaken meta on both sides, hard tunnelling is now completely impossible with tunnelling in general made harder, and the grind reduction benefits everyone too. Specific kinds of camping are still a problem, but it's misleading to only focus on that at the exclusion of the more positive changes.

• AkumakajiAkumakaji Member Posts: 3,549

Dayum, this coming from you really surprises me! Not that I am doubting the validity of your experiences, but I am just confused and startled.

Besides the first couple of days, my soloQ games have been pretty normal; yes, survival now isn't a given and you gotta pull your weight and can't let yourself grt carried, and there is a noticeable uptick in tunneling, but I am pretty sure that I am escaping around 50% of the time and things feel pretty good by now.

If I do get tunneled I am usually back in the next game within 3min, so I don't take it that badly, but I certainly would if I got tunneled every other game (which isn't the case for me).