Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Why are devs so silent on midchapter desaster?

Comments

• PNgamerPNgamer Member Posts: 1,415
    edited July 29

Thank you very much.

That is exactly the kind of response we would like to see. I think it's an impertinence of the thread creator to call this patch a disaster, and it can't stand like that. With all due respect, but all the Solo Q critics ( Fun Fact: and that is the majority !! ) can spam the forum all they want or cry about it.

They will have to get used to the changes and calm down. If not, well then tough luck. If changes need to be made, it will happen, but many just don't understand or don't want to understand.

This is very simple ☝️

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 9,715

Again, I’ve seen solo queue survivors who comment it is ok including really good ones. It’s not universal.

• MarigoriaMarigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Which really good ones solo q players have said it is fine?

Why do solo q players need to "get used" to changes and killers can just whine for more nerfs?

Arent you the killer main who made a thread saying you are a solo q player but then said you only play survivor 30% of the time?

Oh, I’ll often ignore survivors who seem to intentionally want to get hit! After all, if someone is following me around while I’m chasing someone else then I’m keeping two people off the gens for the price of one chase. 🙂 At the same time though if I think a bodyblock is slowing me down I’ll just hit them and make them mend or down them in followup, I’m not averse to making someone go and mend,

I mentioned Scott Jund and Coconuts for instance above.

No, I'm not. I am the one who plays 70% killer before the patch and now 70% survivor after the patch with 7500 hours and only solo Q

When you say that a 5 second BT basekit made solo q better I just dont disagree with you, it's worse than that.

• GloamGloam Member Posts: 647

I love that people feel the need to make up conspiracy theories in order to try and have a point. Also of course the pushback is strong most players are survivor players but people complained about the DS nerf that happened before the most recent one (which should be reverted IMO) and the version of DS was unequivocally unfun and broken.

I don't think most people care about balance from what I've seen they just want the side they play to be as strong as possible so excuse me if I take any complaints on here about anything with a grain of salt.

• Buily09Buily09 Member Posts: 3,515
    edited July 29

It was a big update with massive changes for both sides, so it is to be expected that they will not just rush for changes after just some days.

I have my opinion about the update and I think some changes should be done but again, I understand that it will take time to see how it really goes. Hey, maybe even I will change some of my opinions of the update hah. Anyway, we have to wait.

• GindaenGindaen Member Posts: 374
    edited July 29

It's only 4/5ths of the player base, hardly significant. The best approach is to ignore 80% of the play base.

And if this is the case, then really, it only affects about 20% of players. Those 20% of players definitely don't care about the misery of 80% of the player base so who cares anyway.

They play both sides and when they play survivor its solo queue. Coconuts even had a video if I remember right after the patch showing off escapes since so many people were commenting that it was impossible to get out in solo queue. (I don’t watch him a ton though. 🤷‍♂️)

And yeah, I don’t always agree with Scott on everything he says but in this case I think he’s probably right. (And that’s not because he’s a bad player, he’s solid. I just don’t agree with anybody all the time, even myself! 😄) Also the statistics I’m seeing on an aggregate site I’m following of player submitted matches are showing the kill rate went up but is settling in at a more modest amount like 5-10% range increase (on that site it’s going from about 49% kill rate to looking to be around 57% I think when it stabilizes.)

• SimfelizSimfeliz Member Posts: 2,916

Soloq has been ok for me as long as I'm getting teams that are working together. Before if you had people not pulling their weight making a lot of mistakes it was easier to get out, now it's more of a challenge. Unfortunately if you say this there are certain people who will say, you are lying and play mostly SWF, are a killer main or you are not good (or something like that). I don't even understand the last claim because if you aren't very good you'd think you will be mostly matched with low skill players too and would be getting destroyed.

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 14,853

Well, then maybe I've played against you.

I hope you haven't tunneled me or my friends out at 5 gens but who knows these days lol

• The_KrapperThe_Krapper Member Posts: 2,643

I think the patch is mostly fine but the new slowdown meta is making the game stale and it needs looked at, if survivors aren't running gen builds and the killer runs slowdowns it's a gg if they have half a brain and if the killer isn't running slowdowns and the survivors run genrush builds anticipating slowdowns then the killer gets dunked on, it's a cycle that creates a stale unhealthy meta , most people are fine with the buffs they just don't want to play a game where they do nothing for so long or at least thats my only complaint about this patch, the slowdowns force a stale game and stale meta to be played by both sides whenever we were supposed to be freed from feeling the need to use the same perks.

• JarkyJarky Member Posts: 413

The 'majority of the playerbase' isn't some homogenous entity that all share the same opinion. Many players of this patch have conflicting opinions on both the survivor and killer side, and regardless of what action they take, they're going to frustrate people and please people.

There have been numerous cases in this past of people thinking something is going to be overpowered or underpowered within the first couple weeks of a release and then once players have adapted and gotten used to it, it turns out the complete opposite experience is true. If you played this game at launch, there were NUMEROUS threads of people saying Billy was a weak killer and Wraith was overpowered. We've also had people knee jerk react to perks claiming they're overpowered like Any Means Necessary (which has been subsequently buffed since release), Power Struggle (which has also been buffed since it released), etc. Hell, I remember people saying Dead Hard was weak and easy to play around when it was launched and other than adding server side validation to it, and some animation adjustments to make it clearer to the killer when it's used, they changed nothing about it until the recent patch.

That's not to say that I don't think things could be adjusted with this patch (making the anti-tunnelling more effective and solo queue improvements for one), but I completely and utterly understand why they aren't rapidly changing things within the first couple of weeks.

As an aside I hardly ever play survivor but the last couple of days I went ahead and played Ace for a daily mission and a couple of Rift challenges for the heck of it. I am NOT a good survivor. 😄 I obviously understand overall strategy but I still have trouble hitting skill checks unless I’m really focussing on it and am not all that used to running chases in third person perspective so mess up my timing sometimes. So my MMR as survivor is definitely below average and the other players are likewise in that ballpark I think. Even so, out of five matches I had nobody ragequit and the survivors won 2 of them (4k one match, 3k the other with the three escapees all being Aces by sheer coincidence.) And it’s not like the killers gave up or were afk, they were patrolling around and getting some hooks, just not enough to stop the gens in the end.

So I have a sneaking suspicion that at the low end of the pool the games are kind of close because there are honestly so many mistakes on both sides that it evens out everything. It’s only once you get into probably above average play that balance issues between perks and stats and specific builds become more relatively important since players make fewer strategic and tactical mistakes.

• Patrick1088Patrick1088 Member Posts: 623

Overall I enjoy the update on both sides.

Killer: Im not sweaty and can try out fun builds. LP, STBFL and even full Hex builds (not Ruin lol) are fun to try.

Survivor: I've been having fun with Deja Vu. I'll be working on a solo gen as Deja Vu is up and then a gen will pop giving me another round of Deja Vu. I'm working on Killer perks rn, but Overzealous/Deja Vu/Inner Strength/Head On will probably become a fun build to play with. I have to level up Haddie still.

I can be sweaty and run full slowdown on killer or Endurance/Gen Rush build (I guess Overzealous/Deja Vu could be considered that), but it's more fun to experiment now