Dead by Daylight has turned 3 years old! We are proud of what we've accomplished and so excited about what’s to come. So why not start the celebrations with a Bloodhunt (2x) Event from June 14th to June 18th? Enjoy!

Bring back LOL react

RuneStarrRuneStarr Member Posts: 827

Please reconsider this mods.

While we can't all agree on the forum, is it not better to just let someone hit a lol react rather than go through with actually typing out something toxic/horrible when they don't agree and causing more arguments that get ugly fast?
Plus the lol react was great for seeing how jokes and memes went over with the rest of the crowd.

You can't force the community to be positive all the time and always agree with each other by only giving the option to Like things or Love things (awesome react). That's just going to lead to more written out insults at each other, and at the moment it seems the mod team is too small to handle that large of an increase in reports/rules being broken/etc.

Comments

• Mc_HartyMc_Harty Member Posts: 2,084

Second this. Its completely unnecessary to remove anything that's considered negative. FFS let people express.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 10,853

@Mc_Harty said:
    Second this. Its completely unnecessary to remove anything that's considered negative. FFS let people express.

You can still express negativity. It just takes more than a single click.

• Rebel_RavenRebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,654
    They were getting bots that made thousands of lols. A lot directed at certain people.
    I imagine the sever load was getting a bit much.

@Rebel_Raven said:
    They were getting bots that made thousands of lols. A lot directed at certain people.
    I imagine the sever load was getting a bit much.

Can confirm, my LOL count tripled or quadrupled thanks to the bots. Furthermore, 2 other people received the "500 LOLs" badge on the same day that I did, likely thanks to the bots.

• RSBRSB Member Posts: 2,259
    edited December 2018

Why, though? It was not used for anything constructive. If you don't agree with something, from now on you can't just spam LOLs like an idiotic kid and that's a good thing. If you can't express your opinion by writing sentences...

Well, the name "forum" is here for a reason.

@Orion Bot-victims unite!

edited December 2018

@RSB said:
    Why, though? It was not used for anything constructive. If you don't agree with something, from now on you can't just spam LOLs like an idiotic kid and that's a good thing. If you can't express your opinion by writing sentences...

Thanks to the bots, we now hold three of the 16 "500 LOLs" badges that will ever exist. Who's LOLing now?

• RuneStarrRuneStarr Member Posts: 827

@RSB said:

Because I post memes, or laugh at memes. I'm not about to just quote them and put "lol", that seems spammy AF.
    I damn well earned my LOLs with memes, only a small portion of the 250+ were from people laughing at my opinion. It seems silly to just essentially have "like and love" as the only reacts. At that point, why have reacts at all. They don't do anything. A high rated comment doesn't move up to the top of a thread like reddit, it now seems like they're forcing everyone to be positive.

If you want to restrict people, just do away with all the reacts rather than only having positives.

@RuneStarr said:
    If you want to restrict people, just do away with all the reacts rather than only having positives.

Positive reactions are inherently short. You agree with what someone said and that's it, you usually have nothing to add.
    Disagreement usually comes with justification. This way, people who disagree will have to say why they disagree.

• RuneStarrRuneStarr Member Posts: 827

@Orion said:

@RuneStarr said:

Positive reactions are inherently short. You agree with what someone said and that's it, you usually have nothing to add.
    Disagreement usually comes with justification. This way, people who disagree will have to say why they disagree.

Ok but lol was technically a positive. I (and many others) used it to show "Ha that was a funny/good meme", while yes it could be used in other ways, what's to stop people turning "awesome" into the new sarcastic react.

Guess it just means risking getting banned for only commenting "lol" a bunch since it's p spammy.

• RSBRSB Member Posts: 2,259

@Orion said:

@RSB said:

Thanks to the bots, we now hold three of the 16 "500 LOLs" badges that will ever exist. Who's LOLing now?

Shame there were no 2,5k LOL badge, I would have it too.