Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Why the hate for Hook Suicide?

JacobiusWickJacobiusWick Member Posts: 161
edited August 10 in General Discussions

Sure I don't do it alot. But when I get matched with solo q mates who are self-caring, crouching in the corner, or otherwise not doing gens (especially when I've had killer in chase for at least 2-3 to pop), then yeah I'm out. Killer can have the 4k, they deserve it. 🤣😭

Comments

• MetronixMetronix Member Posts: 219

While "Losers" is a strong word, I agree. You know what this game is about, you know the situations you can get into, still people get overly salty. I'm going to say it, it is just a game. Giving up everytime you face "hardships" in a digital setting is like refusing candy, because you don't like the color. It's a question of mindset.

• AraphexAraphex Member Posts: 653

I think the reason there is hate on hook suicides is when survivors just do it early in the match even when someone is on their way to save them. I see this a lot and I hate it. It's almost like throwing a temper tantrum. They didn't do a good job escaping the killer so they just want to leave and find another match to be mad in.

• SimfelizSimfeliz Member Posts: 2,912

Because it's beyond frustrating when someone goes down at 5 gens and you can see them trying to die on hook instantly. Nothing to hate about that, sure.

TBF I know it can be inexperience. I know when I first started this game I would give up on hook when being face camped. My thought was I was saving my teammates time by trying to save me. That early on I didn't think that staying on hook as long as possible is actually more helpful.

• Iron_CutlassIron_Cutlass Member Posts: 995

I only dislike people letting themselves go on hook when it's for selfish reasons. Like the type of "I dont like this killer, so Ill DC or let myself go on hook" or "I got hooked first, so now I dont want to play the game" players, the type that throw themselves and the entire team under the bus as soon as one negative interaction happens.

Those types of players I talk about. Those are the ones I dont like.

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 9,715

I’m with most of the posts here. I don’t care if someone kills themselves on hook when they were obviously about to die on hook anyway. But killing yourself on hook when it’s the first hook or when it’s the second hook but someone is on the way to rescue you is pretty weak sauce. Imagine if football players just went home after they got tackled or baseball players left after they struck out, it’s just really disrespectful to all the other players in the game.

• OscarnatorOscarnator Member Posts: 307

How come I get timed out for saying this but you don’t 🗿

• TarunCosmoTarunCosmo Member Posts: 181

I almost hook suicide because it was an evil Pinhead build and bad map, and I was like, nah I don't want to deal with this. But I yeeted off the hook. We all escaped.

• MetronixMetronix Member Posts: 219

You should see those games as opportunities. You know, there is a saying. "You only learn from loses, never from wins". Sure, that's very simplified, but it serves my point. Try out stuff. Help your teammates, who are still alive. My gosh, earn bloodpoint, if the other things are not motivating enough.

And about the friend thing. He could watch you and the others, helping you. At least that's what I do. Much more fun imo.

My mistake is having a Claud who doesn’t know how to play? This game is 1v4 as SoloQ; killer and 3 survivors vs you.

• mouse0270mouse0270 Member Posts: 849
    edited August 10

Learning what? I have 4k hours in this game and have been playing since 2017... there is nothing new to learn. As for bloodpoints I am often sitting at the max to the point its a meme among my friends that I bring BPS or something similar cause well I am maxed.

To be fair, I do mostly play killer, so I only really play survivor to play with my friends... I don't enjoy the role of survivor because I honestly think 80% of the killer base think their fun and win is all that matters... So to be fair, I really don't care about their fun, nor the fun of those outside of my friends. I want to play the game with my friends. If we can 4 man SWF we do. But we all have lives, family, work, and friends. We can't always get together as a group, so it's often 2 of us.

Also, I will stay in the game if there is like 1 gen maybe 2 left, but if my friend dies at 3+ gens, I just want to get out and go into the next one to play with them.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • NeprašheartNeprašheart Member Posts: 320

In that case.. Why don't you protect your friend? Sure, the price is gonna be high, but it is all you can do.

To make it the worst for the killer, just hop onto generators and get them done ASAP. Each second you're not on a generator is a second wasted.

The moment you do queue for the match, you do accept the fact that you may be tunneled or camped to death, or play against any of the available killers. Yes, that's just the way it is. It sucks, but it's not like you can do a thing about it.. You're sayin', that you'd rather give up and ruin the match to other two players, who're not your friends? Yikes.. That's some selfish mindset..

If someone disconnects early, then you shouldn't follow his or her example. Prove that you're better. Prove that you're not such a loser. Not only it'll make you feel better at the end of the day, but you may still escape the match.. May.

Players with the same attitude or mindset as yours are the reason, why do others tend to give up early aswell. It's infectious.

If you play Solo Queue, you do accept the fact that you may encounter such players. If you wanna avoid such cases, get into SWF or play as a killer; But, I'm certain you knew about those possible ways around it, aye?

In that case, you're just looking for excuses for ruining matches to other players.

So you’re telling me to have fun I either need to have people play with me or play completely different role?

Im looking for a fun time. Having teammates that do the killers job for them isint exactly a fun time after the 80th time it’s happened. It’s not a player problem, it’s a MMR and BHVR problem. It’s not the players fault they’re matched with players that have no idea what they’re doing. No multiplayer game has teammates so horrendously bad before. Yes you’ll occasionally get you’re team that throws in other frames; in DBD, it is guaranteed you’ll get someone who does little to nothing for the team and/or does the stupidest play imaginable.

Just had a game where 2 people got hooked and I was injured. The Kate decided to go to BASEMENT WHILE HEALTHY when 2 people are on hook and another one is going to 2nd stage. SoloQ is at an unacceptable place and the only real reason people still play it is for the very, very, very, VERY off chance you’ll find an actual decent match which is actually really enjoyable and addicting. 99% of the time you’re getting that Kate in the basement while 2 people are on hook. If anything your team is looking for an excuse to ruin YOUR games. But sure let’s blame the players that are getting oh dogged on by BHVR’s poopoo caca balance and MMR calculations that don’t even work half the time

edited August 10

I feel like you don't understand what tunnel means... Cause if I save my friend, and then go down for them, and get hooked, then my friend wasn't tunneled. But if I save my friend, go down and the killer still chases them down and re-hooks them... That's the tunneling I am talking about.

• NeprašheartNeprašheart Member Posts: 320
    edited August 10

I do understand very well what tunneling means - To get rid of one specific player ASAP, regardless of the cost, right?

Exactly, exactly. You're complaining about tunneling, but you can make it so the killer doesn't or can't tunnel; In that case, why're you complaining instead of playing around it?

In the response you've quoted, I haven't called you a loser. Just because you decide to take it personally doesn't mean I'm the one to be blamed. It's not like you're proving to others that you can play the game; You're proving it to yourself. Mainly to yourself. The moment you do give up, however, you do ruin the entire match to other players. That's selfish and unfair. In such cases, I feel like you'd be better playing some single player games, so you won't be able to ruin the game to other players, but to yourself.

If you don't enjoy playing as a survivor, why do you play in SWF in the first place?

• StarLostStarLost Member Posts: 6,739

Because you're completely screwing over your teammates - just because they didn't play how you wanted.

Solo queue means you'll get looping gods, immersed self-carers and everything in between. Sometimes you'll win, sometimes you'll lose, sometimes you'll get carried and sometimes you'll have to carry yourself.

Throwing a pout and suiciding immediately makes the game unwinnable for your allies, as well as denying the killer points and BP. It's pure BM.

I don't think you do, as I clarified what I meant as tunneling my friend out and thats when I decide to leave. If I can force the killer to hook me instead, than they are not tunneling.

I am not complaining about tunneling. I simply said if someone tunnels my friend out, I leave the game as well. There was no complaint there.

Well, technically it was inferred as I was doing the things you said "losers" do. So moving away from that and onto your points. I have no reason to prove myself to anyone. Its a game that I already know I am decent at, I am not a god tier killer or survivor, but I am also not hiding in a corner self-caring either. I have nothing to prove to myself or other players. I simply want to play with my friends.

If you re-read my quoted statement, I started off by saying  "I do mostly play killer, so I only really play survivor to play with my friends" So yeah in a way I generally play DBD as a single player game. However, I have friends that like to play this game, I've made them through my games as killer, twitch and discord. Thats why I play SWF... Cause I want to PLAY the game with FRIENDS.

• GlamourousLeviathanGlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 800

Because just because your teammates are bad, it doesn't give you an excuse to quit the game. That is not how multiplayer cooperative games work mate.

edited August 10

Sarcasm is not your strong suit is it...

EDIT: Just in case you are still missing the point of the trickster part... Basically, I was just making the point that people give up for all sorts of reasons...

• feechimafeechima Member Posts: 816

The types of first and second hook quits you mostly see have nothing to do with losing the game and everything to do with poor sportsmanship. We have people giving up on first hook, because they didn't get deliverance value, don't like the killer, don't like the map, or their pizza arrived when they knew it was coming.

On the other hand I don't mind people who don't want to stick around for being camped (although I always do to give my team time to do gens).

• ausanimalausanimal Member Posts: 542

it's not sarcasm when its the truth like i said when you both hit that ready button you know what can happen and you having 4k+hours know that it can be a lot of things, you know people DC when they get hit first, found first or even screw up in a chase it could be a killer you don't like, a map, you or your friend could be tunneled out early.

Killing yourself on hook because of those reasons makes you entitled so calling 80% of killers entitled while your in the i.e 80% of entitled survivor's.

edited August 10

I am getting a little tired of this "hit that ready button you know what can happen" because guess what... When you play survivor or killer, you know the other players can press M1 or whatever it is on the controller and then they can press nothing too... You know what those actions are, hook escapes and missed skill checks. If you're saying I am readying up knowing my friend can be tunneled out, then you're readying up knowing I can use those game mechanics as well.

If it helps, 6.2.0 is going to come with a perk that stops me from missing skill checks, if it bothers you that much, run that perk.