Home Discussions General Discussions

New graphics = Freddy nerf

Wolf74Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

The new visuals of the game make it VERY hard to actually see if a survivor is in dreamstate or not.
That is just another nerf to the worst killer in the game.

Comments

• The_CrusaderThe_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    I knew you used Freddy! 😋

And I thought he was second worst now? Or is that still up for debate?
  • Wolf74Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@The_Crusader said:
    I knew you used Freddy! 😋

I am "using" basically ALL killer.

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 1,782
    Only the highlight overlay derped or the dreamworld itself too?
  • PhantomMask20763PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,174
    Yeah, I took this patch very personally 
  • IcemanIceman Member Posts: 1,168
    @Wolf74

The devs are not worried about Freddy since he has whole reworked. 

@Raptorrotas said:
    Only the highlight overlay derped or the dreamworld itself too?

The highlight is not good to see and the whole dreamworld is … gritty(?)
    In german I would say "krisselig"... like in an old movie (or the thing you can change in the Left 4 Dead settings^^).

• steezo_desteezo_de Member Posts: 459

Might be a problem with certain video cards or display settings. I have a GTX 1060 and a monitor with slightly tweaked gamma/color settings and I see in the dream world a lot better now than before the update.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 5,846
    edited December 2018

This reminds me of what they did to spirits phase walk, it looks awful. Her vision in phase is so bad now as well.

• alivebydeadightalivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

poor freddy, gets nerfed every update pretty much.... sounds familiar

@Iceman said:
    @Wolf74

That's a really bad point, because you can't keep certain killer at a disadvantage just by saying "he gets reworked anyway".
    We know that those reworks take ages before they happen.

• xmenfanaticxmenfanatic Member Posts: 759

@Blueberry said:
    This reminds me of what they did to spirits phase walk, it looks awful. Her vision in phase is so bad now as well.

I play the spirit and notice essentially no difference except the graphics are nicer. Might be your graphics settings? Granted I play on PS4, so I don’t know how the computer was effected by the update.

Same with Freddy.

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

@Wolf74 said:
    The new visuals of the game make it VERY hard to actually see if a survivor is in dreamstate or not.

Freddy is unchanged. The survivors still cant bully him in the dreamworld which makes him the best deranking killer :wink:

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 5,846

@xmenfanatic said:

@Blueberry said:

I play the spirit and notice essentially no difference except the graphics are nicer. Might be your graphics settings? Granted I play on PS4, so I don’t know how the computer was effected by the update.

Same with Freddy.

It's night and day difference. Her spirit phase is like you're getting blinded in the face with a flashlight.

@Blueberry said:

@xmenfanatic said:

@Blueberry said:

Same with Freddy.

It's night and day difference. Her spirit phase is like you're getting blinded in the face with a flashlight.

I’m sorry you’re dealing with that on the computer :(

• JusticarJusticar Member Posts: 319

This + the locker buff = why do the devs hate Freddy so much?

• KaelumKaelum Member Posts: 943

I had a Freddy daily yesterday, and the new graphics made it so much easier. I’m playing on a PS4 Pro, and it is much easier to find survivors now. Are you playing on a standard PS4?

@Justicar said:

What was the locker buff? All I heard about was the new killer perk that causes exposed when you leave a locker

• JusticarJusticar Member Posts: 319

@xmenfanatic said:

@Justicar said:

What was the locker buff? All I heard about was the new killer perk that causes exposed when you leave a locker

Lockers now block aura reading. According to this other thread, that includes Freddy's dream world aura reading.

@Kaelum said:
    I had a Freddy daily yesterday, and the new graphics made it so much easier. I’m playing on a PS4 Pro, and it is much easier to find survivors now. Are you playing on a standard PS4?

Good for you. PC is terrible atm.

• FenrirFenrir Member Posts: 533
    Iceman said:
    @Wolf74

Im pretty sure they have not touched freddy
  • Doc_W__HOLLIDAYDoc_W__HOLLIDAY Member Posts: 2,297
    Wolf74 said:

Freddy isn't the worst killer in the game.

That title now belongs to Legion.
  • BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 8,869

@Fenrir said:
    Iceman said:

@Wolf74

No, what he means is that they're not gonna do anything to Nightmare because he has a rework scheduled.
    Why buff/nerf directly when he'll be changed 1 year later, right? /sarcasm

@Fenrir said:
    Iceman said:

@Wolf74

They did not "touch him" directly… but they changes the graphics and nerfed him accidently.

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 6,539

I'm about to play a Freddy game, first one since the update, but I have played against 2 since the update. I immediately noticed that DW looks WAY different than it did before. It honestly seemed like it was easier to see, but that was survivor POV. I'll come back and comment further after I play a game.

Okay just finish my game. 4k BTW, but a David quit when I caught him the second time so IDK how the game would have been otherwise. Anyway, it was on Preschool. I honestly felt like it was easier to see survivors. Sorry. I had a P3 Claud too and I could see her in the distance (though I admit I saw her aura first with BBQ but could still see her rather well once the aura faded). Maybe it's just the map, but DW seems a lot better. The colors are more washed out so maybe that's where you are having trouble. That definitely threw me off a little bit. But in terms of raw visibility it seems better. I'll try a few more after I finish some other dailies to see what other maps look like.

@thesuicidefox said:
    Okay just finish my game. 4k BTW, but a David quit when I caught him the second time so IDK how the game would have been otherwise. Anyway, it was on Preschool. I honestly felt like it was easier to see survivors. Sorry. I had a P3 Claud too and I could see her in the distance (though I admit I saw her aura first with BBQ but could still see her rather well once the aura faded). Maybe it's just the map, but DW seems a lot better. The colors are more washed out so maybe that's where you are having trouble. That definitely threw me off a little bit. But in terms of raw visibility it seems better. I'll try a few more after I finish some other dailies to see what other maps look like.

Thanks for your opinion.
    I was actually not referring to seeing people in the distance, it is just really hard to tell if they are already asleep.
    But what you describe as "washed out" seems to be what I called "gritty".
    Are you playing on PC?

Xbox One X. Washed out. Gritty. Same thing. I didn't have a lot of trouble telling they were asleep or not but then again I wasn't really paying attention to that. I was more focused on how well I could see them when they were awake and it seems better than before. But again it could just be the map.