We have been made aware of two new exploits that could potentially be abused to ruin the enjoyment of others. While our team investigates and fixes these issues, we will be banning players who abuse the following (in accordance of our game rules, which can be found here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/):
- 2+ killers in a match exploit: Abusing bugs to join a public match a second killer
- Legion mend time exploit: Abusing a bug with Filthy Blade and Nasty Blade add-ons to greatly extend mending time

If you witness a player abusing the Legion mend time exploit, please be sure to report them through the in-game report system. There is no need to report the 2+ killers in a match exploit. We have access to data that will allow us to find the players abusing the exploit.

Are the legion the most evil?

13»

Comments

• Shad03Shad03 Member Posts: 2,418

@TheHourMan said:
    It depends on how you define "evil." 

Is it evil to kill for pleasure? Or is it insanity?

My view of evil is that it is the exact reverse of unconditional love. Evil is selfless. Where the one committing the evil acts get nothing out of it, but they do it purely out of the intent to inflict misery on someone else, even at the cost of making themself miserable in the process. Self sacrifice in order to cause pain on someone else, without getting any satisfaction or pleasure in it yourself. 

That being said: who is the most evil killer? I would argue there are multiple candidates. Spirit, Nurse, Micheal. These three don't seem to take any pleasure in killing. They do it purely out of compulsion or malice. They harm others simply for the sake of causing harm to others. Like a force of nature. Indiscriminate and driven by cold, uncaring processes.

Spirit is a vengeful soul who kills because she was promised that she would get her vengeance. Nurse lost her mind and is forced to kill for the Entity. Michael is evil incarnate, he kills because that is all he knows what to do. Out of the three of them, the Spirit and Nurse are probably the less evil.

The two most evil in the game would be The Shape and The clown. The Clown relishes in killing, and was even rewarded in being able to keep his horse in the Fog.

• SporkSpork Member Posts: 74

Who's to say the Entity doesn't torture people mentally. It could also threaten, bribe, or trick them into submission.

• EvelineEveline Member Posts: 2,340
    I find Myers most "evil". 
  • BOOBERELLABOOBERELLA Member Posts: 6

@Jackard said:
    Other than the clown that got rewarded with Maurice the horse, are the legion the most evil killers in the game? All other killers have visible torture to convince them to work for the entity (excluding licensed killers) and yet none of the legion seem to have this.

NOOOOOO its definitely Michael or the Clown!!

• ShrekIsHotShrekIsHot Member Posts: 447

@PigNRun said:

@Justicar said:
    The's Shape's ability is literally called Evil Within.

Yet its not called "The Most Evil Within". Feels more like... Lesser Evil Within.

Lesser Evil Within at EW1, EW3 Is "The Most Evil Within", Fragrant tuft of hair is "Always the Most Evil Within".

• CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 609

The Legion Quartet were more hooligans than anything else. All they wanted was to escape their little town. One guy died by accident (sorta) so now they became killers in the Entity's Realm. Perhaps the Entity saw that they could be used, and took them.

• BlackMercuryBlackMercury Member Posts: 52

Not a chance. Legion fell into it, they'd only killed one person before being taken, and it was mostly out of panic.

Doctor and Clown are probably the most evil original characters. Clown is sick to the core, that's just who he is.

Doctor is obviously completely without empathy, seeing people as nothing more than test subjects, but he's also been shown to be sadistic, giggling to himself while he tortures people. His addons also have a lot of hidden lore in them that describe how much utter contempt he has. The only way in which he might be sympathetic is that he's clearly suffering in his own madness, even going so far as to put himself in a coma with his own power. But the devs have clarified, the equptment that the Doctor wears, was not put on him by the Entity. Based on the descriptions of various cosmetics, it's likely the Doctor put them on himself. The Entity has done nothing to him but provide him with the means and subjects to continue his experiments, and possibly awakened a madness already inside him.

Even Evan Macmillian was a mass-murderer before he was taken. You could say it may have been entity influence that drove him to kill in the first place, but the same could go for Legion.

I would put Legion between Wraith and Hillbilly on the Evil scale, it's not that they ever wanted to kill, it's just what they do now. In their own words: "There's no getting out of this now, we're too good at it."

• BlackMercuryBlackMercury Member Posts: 52
    edited April 18

He's refereed to as Joe occasionally in the Bio, implying he goes by both names.

I'd like to play him, but I can't get over how stupid his pants look sadly.

Also please help I don't know how to quote properly.

• Shad03Shad03 Member Posts: 2,418

@BlackMercury

Sigh, how many times do I have to do this?

• DeadArsenalDeadArsenal Member Posts: 15
    edited April 19

OP's avatar is Freddy Krueger: Dream demon, mass murderer, and child molestor. I would consider shanking a janitor rather less evil than that.

13»