The 3.2.0 update is now live on PC and consoles. For more information, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87832/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/
This section is used to report issues on PC specifically.

*** Please use the search box in upper right to see if your bug has already been reported first! ***

If this is an issue that occurs on all platforms, please post your report in the most fitting category instead.

When reporting a bug, please use the following template:

Description of the issue:
Steps to reproduce (if possible):
How often does this occur:

Please be sure to attach any screenshots, videos, or logs (if on PC) that you may have if you believe they could help us find the issue.

Please do this if your game freezes or takes forever to load in!

Gay Myers (Luzi)Gay Myers (Luzi) Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 801
edited April 14 in PC

Hello people of the fog.

It has come to our attention that people sometimes experience freezes. If it affects you as the killer, that it takes ages for you to load in until a survivor DCs, please send in the logs too! If that happens to you, please do the following:
1. Close the game after it happened.
2. Windows Key + R
4. %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\DeadByDaylight\Saved\Logs - Enter this and press enter
4. Look for the file called "Deadbydaylight.log"

Logs can be sent to [email protected] with the subject "Freeze". If the file is too big, please zip it. It will reduce the files size!

Thank you for your help.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on
Tagged:

Answers

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,071

Is this general freezing ie you can't move ingame and or for the infinite loading screen?

• Griff4863Griff4863 Member Posts: 2

There is another "freeze" that does basically the same thing, but it is also with a graphics card crash that many of me and my friends are experiencing currently on both AMD and NVIDIA graphics cards.

• Gay Myers (Luzi)Gay Myers (Luzi) Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 801

@powerbats said:
    Is this general freezing ie you can't move ingame and or for the infinite loading screen?

Loading freeze, but if the other case happens, do the same steps.

@Gay Myers (Luzi) said:

@powerbats said:

Loading freeze, but if the other case happens, do the same steps.

Ok thanks for clarifying that.

@Griff4863 said:
    There is another "freeze" that does basically the same thing, but it is also with a graphics card crash that many of me and my friends are experiencing currently on both AMD and NVIDIA graphics cards.

Yeah some of the drivers are ahem buggy on release but there's also something with some of the overlay stuff as well.

• ya noticed this today, got the initialization complete message on load then nothing just sat there forever.

• Slay___Slay___ Member Posts: 252
    edited December 2018

I emailed my logs but I want to ask about those here anyway..

Gay Myers Luzi: I made it shorter, because we need logs directly!
    `

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on
  • MorDukiMorDuki Member Posts: 7

My game freezes in loading screen after the last update nearly every 3rd match.
    Do i need to do this every time and is there need to fear a ban just because of it happens?

@MorDuki said:
    My game freezes in loading screen after the last update nearly every 3rd match.
    Do i need to do this every time and is there need to fear a ban just because of it happens?

Crashes won't get you banned so no need to worry about that.

Everyone in here: Please reread the op and send in logs!

Ok sending the log just now along with some other logs that also reference the crash.

• SkarkioSkarkio Member Posts: 466

@Gay Myers (Luzi) said:

If the infinite load screen happen to me as a survior, i can send my log too?

@Skarkio said:

@Gay Myers (Luzi) said:

If the infinite load screen happen to me as a survior, i can send my log too?

Yepp! You just gotta close the game and grab the long and send it off :)

• omanoomano Member Posts: 24
    edited January 4

Something worth to mention is that VERIFYING files in Steam is a first step to do before sending email with log, I had 163 bad files after verifying my game files in Steam (and I verified of course after sending email lol) something went probably wrong in the last update process.

edit: nevermind, in my case it was all the common redistributable files I previously clean to gain free space on my SSD with an external program called Steam Cleaner so this had nothing to do with game files actually. Still it is recommended to check files before blaming the game (which obviously has a problem but better check files first anyway).

@omano said:
    Something worth to mention is that VERIFYING files in Steam is a first step to do before sending email with log, I had 163 bad files after verifying my game files in Steam (and I verified of course after sending email lol) something went probably wrong in the last update process.

edit: nevermind, in my case it was all the common redistributable files I previously clean to gain free space on my SSD with an external program called Steam Cleaner so this had nothing to do with game files actually. Still it is recommended to check files before blaming the game (which obviously has a problem but better check files first anyway).

Please send a log first, because it will erase the log too!

• KwwBKwwB Member Posts: 33

Just sent in a log file, I have been having load issues A LOT since the Winter Solstice event on PC. Have very rarely had load issues at all before on PC. Cheers!

Oh and also I've been having this issues as killer or survivor. Happy new year!

@KwwB said:
    Oh and also I've been having this issues as killer or survivor. Happy new year!

Happy new year and thank you for trying to help!

edited January 9

@Gay Myers (Luzi) said:

@omano said:

wrong.
    the logs are generated and modified on game launch, and are not part of steam files.

anyway what I mean is that people should always verify their game file before reporting any issue.

edited January 9

Just had another freeze, sent another zipped log file.

@omano said:

@Gay Myers (Luzi) said:

@omano said:

wrong.
    the logs are generated and modified on game launch, and are not part of steam files.

anyway what I mean is that people should always verify their game file before reporting any issue.

It is confirmed already that verifying game files is not working for this issue.

• HemoValenciaHemoValencia Member Posts: 3

Almost every match lately results in someone infinite loading/freezing. i've had it happen once so far myself, but it is a frequent issue. Sucks because killer still loses all addons/offerings for little/no progress. half of the games where there's an infinite load, the game will start with only 2 survivors and one or both will quickly dc from that.

as someone new and trying to level, that really sets us back.

also, i only mentioned killer losses because i haven't played any survivor whatsoever, so i have no idea if they lose their items, addons and offerings also.

• raquelambersantiagoraquelambersantiago Member Posts: 260

Thanks that is really helpful the link I got before never could find it I just copied pasted what you typed and BAM an entir epage of log files from crashes and freezes....

One gigabite later they have to be sent as google drive links lol

@raquelambersantiago said:

zip is your friend you know.

@Gay Myers (Luzi) said:

@omano said:

@Gay Myers (Luzi) said:

@omano said:

wrong.

It is confirmed already that verifying game files is not working for this issue.

It is already confirmed that verifying game files works for various issues, maybe not this specific issue in the case where you did not have corrupt files, but as I said, any issue in general, before reporting a bug, you need to verify the issue is not on your client. Just saying as I don't see it suggested anywhere.

That's because it's copying multiple instead of just 1 usually since mine are always around the 15-60k bytes size.

• LavernneLavernne Member Posts: 79

I have this freeze since the latest patch too. After around 3-7 games, the next game freeze and dbd shows in my task manager "inactive". It happens most times as survivor.

Can I also sent my Log if I already restartet my Game, found a Lobby but quit the Lobby and close the Game, or is it useless now?

@Lavernne said:
    I have this freeze since the latest patch too. After around 3-7 games, the next game freeze and dbd shows in my task manager "inactive". It happens most times as survivor.

Can I also sent my Log if I already restartet my Game, found a Lobby but quit the Lobby and close the Game, or is it useless now?

I'm not sure about that but what you can do is create a desktop shortcut to the files folder location for easier grabbing. Then just copy and paste that into a folder on the desktop named DBD log so you don't forget it.

@powerbats said:

That's because it's copying multiple instead of just 1 usually since mine are always around the 15-60k bytes size.

Nah I looked them over each file was different and different day and different players. Was only about 6 logs files but they were huge.

@powerbats said:

Nah I looked them over each file was different and different day and different players. Was only about 6 logs files but they were huge.

Which was my point you're getting multiple files instead of the 1 it creates each time it happens hence the different days and players. I've used Winrar before to compress if needed but usually if I have more than 1 log to get it doesn't have to use gdrive.

This discussion has been closed.