Home Dead by Daylight Forums Bug Reports Platform Specific Issues PC
We have been investigating cases of distributed denial of services (DDoS) over the last week. We take these reports extremely seriously. We're actively monitoring the situation internally and with our partners to gather as much information as possible and identify trends.

We are terribly sorry to those who have been affected by these attacks- we understand the impact this has on you. We are taking every appropriate measure to ensure the safety of our players.

We encourage our players to report to us any cases of DDoS, as well as any other form of inappropriate or abusive behaviour in the game. In the meantime, we encourage you to stay safe and follow best practices for online safety.
You are currently reviewing the archived bug reports section. To report a new issue, please use the new bug reports section found here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/bugs
If you are experiencing the Rank Update Error, please click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/125133/

Please do this if your game freezes or takes forever to load in!

Answers

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@raquelambersantiago said:

@powerbats said:

@powerbats said:

One gigabite later they have to be sent as google drive links lol

That's because it's copying multiple instead of just 1 usually since mine are always around the 15-60k bytes size.

Nah I looked them over each file was different and different day and different players. Was only about 6 logs files but they were huge.

Which was my point you're getting multiple files instead of the 1 it creates each time it happens hence the different days and players. I've used Winrar before to compress if needed but usually if I have more than 1 log to get it doesn't have to use gdrive.

OOH ok I see what you are saying. It compiles all of them. Sorry my brain operates differently with JAVA>…..

Lol no worries I do the same from time to time when I'm trying to figure out crashes and such.

• raquelambersantiagoraquelambersantiago Member Posts: 364

@powerbats said:

@powerbats said:

@powerbats said:

One gigabite later they have to be sent as google drive links lol

That's because it's copying multiple instead of just 1 usually since mine are always around the 15-60k bytes size.

Nah I looked them over each file was different and different day and different players. Was only about 6 logs files but they were huge.

Which was my point you're getting multiple files instead of the 1 it creates each time it happens hence the different days and players. I've used Winrar before to compress if needed but usually if I have more than 1 log to get it doesn't have to use gdrive.

OOH ok I see what you are saying. It compiles all of them. Sorry my brain operates differently with JAVA>…..

Lol no worries I do the same from time to time when I'm trying to figure out crashes and such.

LOL you meanlike TONIGHT~!!! its ridiculous

• KriterianKriterian Member Posts: 4

I've been playing with 3 other friends lately and we have encountered the following during loading screen freezes 100% of the time:
    If the loading screen bar stops progress, we all open the task manager with CTRL + ALT + DEL.
    ONE of the players will show Dead by Daylight as "Not Responding". As soon as that player quits the game, or ends the process, then the other players will load.

Now that I've seen this thread, I'll post my logs as requested but hopefully this info will help somehow.

• omanoomano Member Posts: 44

Bug is not fixed in the last version of the game, verified files after the update too just in case.

• Slay___Slay___ Member Posts: 873

@omano said:
    Bug is not fixed in the last version of the game, verified files after the update too just in case.

Same.

I got stuck on version 2.5.0 but the game didn't freeze fully, just never left the loading screen. Still could open Steam overlay and Windows didn't report deadbydaylight.exe as unresponsive. Will report back if it ever does freeze during infinite loading screen.

• LavernneLavernne Member Posts: 94

Frozen again :( (Logs already sent 2times)

• SlayerSlayer Member Posts: 1,148
    edited January 2019
    Its already well known issue for a long time it either happens when you search for lobby as survivor or when you load into a game as a killer( the latter is rare). Never happens in swf mode 
  • LavernneLavernne Member Posts: 94

@Slayer said:
    Never happens in swf mode 

sorry, but not true. It happens in swf too. My friends had to play a couple of games without me, because my game freezed.

• SlayerSlayer Member Posts: 1,148
    Lavernne said:

@Slayer said:
    Never happens in swf mode 

sorry, but not true. It happens in swf too. My friends had to play a couple of games without me, because my game freezed.

That was loading into a game then which is rare 
  • MorDukiMorDuki Member Posts: 7

Still not fixed?
    Sorry but i hate doing this over and over again.
    Isn´t it enough to do this one time and it´s your problem from that time on?
    Because i´m feeling like i´m wasteing my time sending you my stuff and you still can´t figure out how to fix it and i guess you have more as needed to see what´s going on.

• Slay___Slay___ Member Posts: 873

@MorDuki said:
    Still not fixed?
    Sorry but i hate doing this over and over again.
    Isn´t it enough to do this one time and it´s your problem from that time on?
    Because i´m feeling like i´m wasteing my time sending you my stuff and you still can´t figure out how to fix it and i guess you have more as needed to see what´s going on.

How long did you wait?
    I noticed that the fix worked for me and game started with one survivor missing, however it still took ages to load into the game.. ~5-15 minutes it was stuck on the ~5% loading bar and once that one survivor finally disconnected fully it started loading into 100% quickly.

• MorDukiMorDuki Member Posts: 7

@Slay___ said:
    How long did you wait?

~20 minutes (was looking for my forumlogin data)
    But we have diffrent problems.
    The game didn´t load at all.
    There was no loading bar and the taskmanager said the task is inaktiv since start of the loading screen.

• winnychanwinnychan Member Posts: 12

This happens to me a lot. Here's my log:

• C00lkid909C00lkid909 Member Posts: 17

I emailed it to [email protected]
    Just to be sure, here's my log:

• GreymantleGreymantle Member Posts: 5

How is this still an issue? I get 1 to 5 plus freezes for every 3 hour game session I play streaming this game. CTRL ALT DELETE is not a fix sigh

• nikstormnikstorm Member Posts: 22

Still happening logs sent. I have to ask why this has not been fixed. I know you gusy work hard but this should be at the HIGHEST priority to be fixed.

• KwwBKwwB Member Posts: 72
    edited March 2019

Here we are 3 months later from when I posted, and I'm still getting loading freezes. I would estimate conservatively that I have to force close Dead By Daylight via the task manager in about 10% of my games. Seriously what is going on.

Just today alone I have had to force close DbD 4 times, probably 20% of my matches so far today.

• kamisenkamisen Member Posts: 794

This is getting real tiresome. 4 total freezes today so far.

• DeadFredDeadFred Member Posts: 2

Games freezing on the start of a game sometimes and nvidia says it waiting to respond. I updated everything.

• BastardKingBastardKing Member Posts: 659

Oh wow, I gained 7k from a [BAD WORD] 21k spend because two people never joined and the other two gave up. Until you manage to fix your own [BAD WORD] good job so far, can you trigger some refunds when people don't even manage to join the games? (Also, yes, I am actually reporting them and not just bitching, but I don't play a game to be a [BAD WORD] play tester. Hire some QA and get your [BAD WORD] right for once)

Oh, and let's not forget the two minute loading and 4 minute queue times after playing a not game.

• GreymantleGreymantle Member Posts: 5

This has been going on for months please fix this.

edited March 2019

Let's play count how annoying this is.

+1 game today. +3 minutes to requeue. -6000 BP from two common add ons.

+1 Normal Game

+1 Lobby Simulator. One person was not there, one ragequit. No add ons or offerings used. -2 minutes for requeue.

+1 "Normal" game. No lobby/loading DC, but someone rage quit as soon as a survivor got downed.

+ 1.2 Lobby Simulator. Can only load 3 people after only five minutes. Have to requeue. -8 minutes for Lobby Simulator and requeue.

+1 Normal Game. Ragequitter though.

+1 Normal Game

+1 Normal Game. DO WE HAVE TIC TAC TOE!?

+1 "Normal" Game. It is on Mount Osmond, which extremely fades aura reading, so half my perks were useless.

+1 Normal Game, except the ranks were about 2-3 ranks higher than me.

Post edited by BastardKing on

So, out of 10 games;

30% normal games.

30% lobby simulators.

20% games with rage quitters. (Not counting 3v1s)

10% Matchmaking hell.

10% Map bugs.

30% is not a passing result in any class I know.

• MadasahatterMadasahatter Member Posts: 1

I played ten matches tonight, and 50 percent of them froze on the loading screen. I think what amazes me most was that there was a period of time when this issue was fixed and then it came back last year and has been a persistent thorn ever since.

• TheVVitchTheVVitch Member Posts: 224

Same. 8/10 of my games last night had at least one person get the infinite loading screen. I tried to play with a friend as well and the first match I get the loading screen bug, second match he gets it. We just decided to call it for the night. That's not even taking into account all the red ping killer lobbies we had to dodge to get a stable game. Combine that all and you get one frustrating "gameplay" experience.

I'll for sure be sending in my bug reports from now on. Anything to combat this game breaking infinite load screen bug.

• StephSteph Member Posts: 7

Yeah so this is really getting anoying

• StephSteph Member Posts: 7
  • GolgiNeaGolgiNea Member Posts: 157

And what about ps4?...

This discussion has been closed.