Toxicity needs to be dealt with.

AvarikuAvariku Member Posts: 381
I understand that there is only so much mods can be expected to do, but these forums are honestly way out of line sometimes. 

the comments/responses people will get to legitimate threads are nothing short of bullying/harassment. 

The mods have surely noticed, I know more than a few of the consistent users have noticed and I'm sure many of us could think of a short list off the tops of our heads of people that will consistently respond to threads with absolutely no constructive feedback, responses that have no value or opportunity for opening a dialogue...

no, they're just insults or snide, condescending little one-liners from people who should have been dealt with already. 

I'm not opposed to disagreement, I'm not saying people should be banned... but the amount of childish behavior on this forum is disgusting sometimes... and I'm not even saying I'm innocent either... but that is my whole point... behavior like that spreads, you put up with it long enough and you start slinging the mud right back at them and it just makes the situation worse without proper moderation. 

you guys need to take some kind of action against this.

Comments

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,001

Toxicity is always dealt with, but there does seem to be a high threshold.

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,071

@Orion said:
    Toxicity is always dealt with, but there does seem to be a high threshold.

I think they try and let things sort themselves out to an extent but a lot of it is they're shorthanded. There's also been quite a few temp and perma bans handed down recently so they're definitely aware of the ahem most troublesome posters.

• Shad03Shad03 Member Posts: 3,448

I have high hopes that it will get better soon. Unfortunately this place has a lot of people, so not a lot can be done.

• AvarikuAvariku Member Posts: 381
    I know there are a lot of people, but there are certain specific members who most people already recognize for their habits of just posting in threads with insults and nothing of substance. 

it makes having a rational conversation really frustrating. 

I'm guilty of being dragged into arguments myself and reacting a bit childishly, but I generally try to explain my point or at least provide some kind of reasoning or discussion... not just insults. 

@Avariku said:
    I know there are a lot of people, but there are certain specific members who most people already recognize for their habits of just posting in threads with insults and nothing of substance. 

I'm guilty of being dragged into arguments myself and reacting a bit childishly, but I generally try to explain my point or at least provide some kind of reasoning or discussion... not just insults. 

We've all been dragged (or did we include ourselves, I ponder) to arguments. For the most part I think I've stuck to what you wanna do, which is do constructive discussions without insults. I get what you mean though.

• AvarikuAvariku Member Posts: 381
    oh no... I didn't mean anyone in this particular thread. hell, I've argued quite a bit with orion, and while we rarely agree on things he's never been flat-out insulting or devoid of points.

I think we've all been dragged into arguments... its just the ones that post nothing but insults that I feel need to be dealt with.

@Avariku said:
    oh no... I didn't mean anyone in this particular thread. hell, I've argued quite a bit with orion, and while we rarely agree on things he's never been flat-out insulting or devoid of points.

I think we've all been dragged into arguments... its just the ones that post nothing but insults that I feel need to be dealt with.

I know you didn't mean anyone, I'm saying for the brief time I've been here that whatever I entered I tried to not resort to cry baby tactics. Anyways, we will see a change I think, but not anytime soon. Which makes me sad, :'(

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 4,488

@Avariku said:

You don't mean me right....