Home Discussions General Discussions

New graphics feedback

Wolf74Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

With the new engine upgrade, the game became really hard to play for me.
Some areas are painfully bright, others are dark as hell.
Actually I could kinda fix it bylowering my graphic settings.
Before the update I played on high and was fine with the look of the game, after the change I tried ultra, but the effect only got worse.
Now on medium the game looks more pleasing, without the lighting issues.
Of course overall the quality of things got worse… but since I prefer a grittier look on a horrorgame, I am ok with ti.
Anybody else had similar issues?

Comments

• DwightsLifeMattersDwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,662
    edited December 2018
     Rule number 1: set quality to low. As killer but also as survivor. There are more benefits playing on low than any other graphics.

Also, I personally think this engine made DbD so beautiful as it never was before, I really like it.
    The only downside: Claudette. Shadows in this engine are really good, but it gives camouflage claudette just more crutch spots just to sit without skill to avoid the killer.
    Imo the only change needed with this new engine update is claudette, her cosmetics in particular.

Side note: use ReShade or Nvidia Freestyle if u want to tweak the brightness of the game 
  • PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 4,650

@DwightsLifeMatters said:
     Rule number 1: set quality to low. As killer but also as survivor. There are more benefits playing on low than any other graphics.

Also, I personally think this engine made DbD so beautiful as it never was before, I really like it.
    The only downside: Claudette. Shadows in this engine are really good, but it gives camouflage claudette just more crutch spots just to sit without skill to avoid the killer.
    Imo the only change needed with this new engine update is claudette, her cosmetics in particular.

Side note: use ReShade or Nvidia Freestyle if u want to tweak the brightness of the game 

Can you list the benefits of Low quality? Everyone says to me it's awesome but idk what they mean.