DbD starting on wrong monitor (not primary) after the last update

NomisNomis Member Posts: 9

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
BaseBoard Product Z370 PC PRO (MS-7B49)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
GPU Name NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
System, Steam and DbD is located on SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
Monitors: 1x FHD in the middle
2x 1440x900 on each side

So when I start the DbD, the trailer is played on the primary monitor, but when I skip or let that end, the game will show on my left monitor (1). I tried to turn the left monitor off and start the game, it started on the right monitor (2). The game starts on the primary monitor (3) only when I turn off left and right monitor at the same time.

I hope that You will resolve this issue as soon as possible, because it's extremely annoying. Also, I've got no response on the Steam forums, so I've decided to post it here. Thanks for your time and please! response

Tagged:

Comments

• NomisNomis Member Posts: 9

Again nothing?

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod Posts: 1,578

I've got multiple monitors but not faced this issue, I wonder if your windows settings are overriding your Nvidia ones?

Also, try updating your Nvidia driver to the most recent one, yours is a couple of months out of date and whilst that shouldn't cause you an issue with this, it was the only thing that stood out in the log files.

edited December 2018

Yeah, It's same, the primary is the middle one. https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/9/1742229167175000286/
    This guy has the same problem as me... Why there is no option to decide on which monitor will the game run?
    I've also tried an update of driver yesterday, but it really doesn't matter... Your engine update did this to us.

And Windows assignes numbers to the monitor according to the used cable(port).

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod Posts: 1,578

Whilst the engine up date might have caused this issue, what we need to find out is why it's caused this in a small number of people. Most people are using multiple monitors without issue. For example, your set up is virtually exact to mine, and I have no issue - the only major difference is that I did not upgrade to Windows 1809.

But I will definitely look into this for you, and respond back when I have more information to hand.

edited December 2018

I just don't get it.. Why there isn't some choice on which monitor it will run...
    Even SA:MP has this option, when it detects that you have more displays...

Will the DEV team give me the option to select monitor? Please, it's not so hard.

After some update it has been fixed. Thanks