Fan-Chapter: The Brothers Grin
Killer: The Servant
A magical killer, able to track down survivors and use harming curses.
His personal perks are Eye for Death, Hex: Hunter's Plaything, and Damnation.
Timothy Reveil was never popular with the other kids in his school. This was in fact not a small fault of his, as his obsession with dangerous spells and the occult have earned him a spot at the bottom of the social ladder. Timothy had chosen to ignore this and seek to expand his knowledge elsewhere, searching the town and grounds that he had lived in for his life. This of course worried his brother Matthew, who had vowed to not leave his older sibling to go down a dark path. His words had fallen on deaf ears as the eldest had grown more and more obsessed.
This was not to say that Timothy did not care for his brother, but in his mind, he was now alone. So with a twisted grin etched on his face, he left to study the occult in more detail. The whereabouts of disasters and what had caused them.
In his studies and findings he had gotten word of strange happenings. People have been disappearing around certain areas, so he choose to investigate the spots in hope to learn more. He first visited the Estate that once belonged to Archie McMillan. Where at one point he would not have cared, his dangerous fascination with the occult had lead him feeling a strange connection with the area. And upon using a spell that opened his mind's eye, he saw it.
Evil, the likes of which that he had never seen. A creature that defiled the land that it surrounded, in sheer terror the boy fled. He ran as fast as he could to his home and spoke nothing of what he had seen. It took a month to recover and by then, his fascination had sparked up, he HAD to see it again. But not there, no, he was sure he could find it in another location. So against his brother's pleading he left for a new location, outside of the country for the Autohaven Wreckers. He used his spell again, and saw it once more. Knowing what to expect this time he walked to this being, this Entity.
How could he have known he was followed that day. That his brother had trailed behind him in hopes of bringing him back home.
No one would hear from the brothers, and no one would know where they were.
Power: Mind's Eye
The Servant's mind was always brilliant even as he fell deeper and deeper into partial insanity and obsession. His Mind's Eye can see what many others could not see.
- Survivors in your terror radius leave behind a faint trail that could only be seen using Mind's Eye, the trail becomes stronger when survivors run, and weaker when they crouch.
- You cannot attack while channeling Mind's Eye.
- The trail only appears at the point of the terror radius, and decays if you leave the location of the trail.
- Survivors that leave your terror radius will cut off the trail at that point.
- Survivors in direct line of sight charge up your mind's eye, granting up to three tokens.
- These tokens grant you a attack ability, Curse.
- Curse causes hit survivors to have a random curse inflicted on them, curses last for 60 seconds.
- Charging up requires ten sections for one token, to apply a curse, you must hit survivors with a full lunge attack.
Eye for Death:
Unlocks great potential in one's aura reading. Whenever you knock down a survivor, all survivors auras are revealed to you in a 16/32/48 meter radius of the downed survivor.
Downed survivors are able to recover 15/20/25% faster and can bring themselves back to the injured state when in the terror radius.
Perks that increase recovery time stacks.
"I can see you all, you cannot run from me."
Hex: Hunter's Plaything:
A hex rooting its power in brutality. When you injure a survivor but let them go, this totem gains a token up to 6 tokens.
- Token 4: Your missed attack cooldowns and successful attack cooldowns are reduced by 12/24/32%
- Token 5: Survivors suffer from the exposed effect
- Token 6: Gain the ability to mori the obsession.
- Forces a survivor to become the obsession.
- When the totem is destroyed, you gain a 4/8/12% reduction in missed and successful cooldowns.
- Every other effect is lost
"Everyone expects a twist at the end. There are no twists, just endings."
You become obsessed with one survivor, when the obsession dies the survivors are afflicted with the following curses:
- Actions are reduced by 15/30/45%
- Exit Gates require 10/20/30 more seconds to open.
- Skill Check size is reduced by 10/20/30%
- Afflictions of the same kind will NOT stack, the one with better stats will be applied.
(Agitation is not counted as it requires survivors to be in your terror radius.)
"A curse is placed upon you all if you let them die. This will be fun."
A statue that is shaped like a eye. Opens the Servant's mind to a bigger perspective.
- Mind's Eye can detect traces slightly further away from the terror radius.
- Your movement speed is moderately reduced while using mind's eye.
Piece of a Hook
A broken hook torn down by a survivor. The sight fills The Servant with rage.
- A loud noise notification fires off when survivors go near hooks.
"Get. Away. From. My. Hooks."
Basic Curse Book
A book containing basic spells on curses. The Servant uses this new knowledge to his advantage.
- Curses have a slightly increased chance to apply the hindered effect.
- Time taken to charge a curse is increased slightly.
The Servant had willingly chosen to follow the Entity. And thus was given a gift.
- You may now have one extra token
Glasses that had belonged to a victim. The glasses hold trapped life essence in them.
- Mind's Eye can detect survivor traces moderately further away from the terror radius.
- Your movement speed is slightly reduced when using Mind's Eye.
A pallet piece left behind from a previous trial. Memories of the stun sharpen The Servant's focus.
- Survivor auras are revealed to you for 5 seconds after you get stunned or you break a pallet.
- Must be using mind's eye to see auras.
Novice Curse Book
A book containing curse spells for novice students. Upon studying, the servant gains a better understanding.
- Curses have a moderately increased chance to apply the mangled effect.
- Time to charge a curse is increased slightly
- Cursed victim action speeds are reduced slightly for a short time.
- Curses lasts slightly longer.
"So if I do this, and that. Yes yes."
A broken bear trap that a survivor had sabotaged. The Servant decides to make use of it.
- Bear traps now have a random chance to spawn at pallets and windows.
- The traps disappear upon being disarmed.
- Up to a maximum of five traps may be active.
A piece of a shattered human skull. The Servant channels it's trapped life essence.
- When standing still you become completely invisible and give off no terror radius.
- Upon moving you become visible and have a terror radius again.
As The Servant shows his loyalty the Entity gives better rewards.
- You can now get two tokens.
- Time to charge a curse is decreased slightly.
Glasses that had yet to even be used. The Servant is alerted that there are other perspectives.
- Mind's Eye can now see survivors within 16 meters.
- Your movement speed is considerably reduced while using Mind's Eye
- Survivor trails are moderately fainter
Blood in a Jar
Survivor blood collected in a jar. The trapped life essence allows the Servant to differencient survivor trails and to better track them.
- Different survivors leave different colored trails.
- Direction can now be determined.
Adept Curse Book
A book containing adept spells for curse users. Fervent study of the book has given the Servant a better understanding.
- Considerably increases the chance to apply a advanced version of a curse.
- Applies a second normal curse on hit.
- Time to charge a curse is moderately increased.
- Curses last slightly longer.
- Cursed victims suffer from a moderately decreased action speed.
"These curses will help me in my time of need."
Broken Chainsaw Chain
A broken chain belonging to Max Thompson. The Servant has found a use for it.
- Having max tokens improve your lunge for one hit.
- Hitting a survivor with maxed tokens brings them into the dying state, and inflicts all other survivors with a random weakened version of a curse.
- Time to charge a curse is moderately longer.
- Lose all tokens when using this ability.
- Trumps all other curse changes.
Sally's Last Breath
The breath of Sally Smithson, the breath shivers and pools up in The Servant's hands.
- Curses can now be shot at a survivor.
- You can only get two tokens.
- Trumps all other add-ons that increase tokens.
- Trumps all other curse changes
- Shot curses pass through objects.
- To shoot curses use [Whatever the activate ability button is]
Markings drawn by Lisa Sherwood, blessings from a fellow cursed person improves The Servant's power.
- You can now place down curse markings.
- When activated by survivors walking over it, the survivors suffer from hindered and another random curse.
- You can now gain a maximum of ten tokens.
- Time to charge a curse is tremendously shorter.
- Trumps all other curse changes.
The Servant's continued devotion to his master's will is greatly rewarded.
- You can gain up to two tokens.
- Time to charge for a curse is considerably faster.
- Bypasses token gain restrictions.
- Field of View is moderately increased.
An eye seemingly taken straight out the socket, the trapped life essence gives the holder great power.
- Mind's Eye can now see survivor auras within 32 meters.
- You are tremendously slow when using Mind's eye.
- You no longer see trails.
- Your normal movement speed is slightly decreased.
Bloody Hook Piece
A hook that was broken after sacrificing a survivor. Seeing this makes The Servant smile even more.
- Survivor auras are revealed to you when they are 8 meters from a hooked survivor.
Bloody Broken Pallet
A pallet bloodied from a injured vaulting survivor. The trapped life essence empowers the Servant.
- Survivors vaulting a pallet suffer from the hindered effect if they've been cursed.
- If they are already hindered, they are afflicted with a extra hindered curse.
Timothy's Curse Notes
A detailed list of curses that The Servant had learned. Blood covers the bottom of the page, reminding The Servant of his choices.
- Guarantees that a cursed hit will apply a advanced curse.
- Moderately increases the chance to apply a random second advanced curse will be applied.
- Slightly increases the chance a cursed hit will apply a third curse affliction.
- Increases the maximum tokens by 2.
- Moderately increases the time to charge a curse.
"Okay, if I do that... Then that happens. Perfect!"
A piece of a shattered sword that tasted the blood of it's kin. The rage within displaces The Servant.
- You will now begin to passively phase in and out from existence.
- Your curses now last considerably longer.
- Randomly gain or lose curse tokens.
A broken bottle that was once filled with a mind numbing mixture. The Servant decides to restore it.
- Curses can now be sent as a fog. The fog will curse those who breath it in.
- You can now gain up to four tokens.
- Time to charge a curse is moderately increased.
- Curses are considerably shorter.
A hatchet head belonging to Anna. The Servant gets a brilliant yet insane idea.
- Curses come from hatchets.
- Time to charge a curse is moderately increased.
- You can now gain up to five tokens.
- Cursed Hatchets have a chance to instantly down survivors hit.
A knife borrowed from the Legion. Ideas come to mind.
- Curses can now be chained inflicted.
- You can only gain one token.
- Curses are moderately shorter.
- Placing a curse on a survivor reveals the other survivors expect for those already cursed.
- Time to charge a curse is considerably increased.
- Trumps all other add-on effects.
The Servant is richly rewarded for his service. He grows ever stronger.
- Curses last longer.
- Time to charge for a curse is tremendously decreased.
- You can earn up to 6 tokens.
- Your Field of View is moderately larger.
Eyes taken straight from a victim. The life energy trapped within give amazing power.
- See survivor auras when they are working on objectives while using Mind's Eye.
- See survivor when they are within 32 meters from you while using Mind's Eye.
- You cannot move while using Mind's Eye.
- Trails are not visible.
Grimoire of Curses
A book reverberating with dark magic. Bound by flesh and blood, the book should never see the light of day.
- Cursed hits guarantees that hit survivors will suffer from two advanced curses.
- Cursed hits guarantees that hit survivors will suffer from two not yet afflicted curses.
- Has a chance to apply two weaker versions of curses that were not applied.
- Curses last considerably longer.
- Time to charge a curse is considerably shorter.
- Having max tokens applies the exposed effect on the obsession.
- Has a chance to create a obsession.
"This is perfect! No one will make it out unscathed."
The Servant's dedication to the hunt and his master has aroused the Entity's attention. It has decided to bless it's Servant with tremendous power.
- Curses last tremendously longer.
- Time to charge for a curse is tremendously decreased.
- You can earn up to 8 tokens.
- Your Field of View is Tremendously larger.
- Removes restrictions of other add-ons.
- Your terror radius is considerably increased.
The survivor begins to attempt to stand on their own. However Timothy walks over and raises his hands slightly. He will then look like he is muttering something, before the Entity materializes and impales the survivor who has stood up by this time. The survivor's soul will instead be sent toward the Timothy. The body will be gone.
Twisted grin (Default Head)
The grin of a killer who enjoys what he is doing. His sadistic smile sends shivers down one's back.
(Brown hair, orange eyes. His teeth are shown and are white.)
Masked Fiend (Rare)
A metal stylistic lower half face mask. Good for preventing blood from getting in your mouth.
(The mask is engraved and his hair is straightened down.)
Plain Cloak (Default Torso)
A plain blue cloak that covers the entire body. Only opening to allow the use of curses or attacks.
(Blue and fully closed. There is a slight spread at the bottom.)
Warlock's Cloak (Rare)
A cloak reminiscent of a warlock. The hood is pulled down.
(A reddish orange cloak. Has a slight opening at the front end.)
War Axe (Default)
A large axe that has cleaved through many. And much more will fall to that blade.
(The handle is a sturdy hardwood. The axe head is large and made of a unknown silverish metal..)
Warlock Staff (Rare)
The staff makes the wielder seem more dramatic.
(The staff is black and made of strong wood.)
Survivor: A Helping Hand
A altruistic survivor who wants to save as much as he could.
His personal perks are Savior's Dream, Save or Be Saved, and Salvation.
Matthew Reveil was generally well liked. His combat skills might not have earned him much but his healing spells and friendly nature kept him as a person who others could approach easily. As such he was almost never without a friend, but his main concern would come to be his older brother, Timothy Reveil. He first noticed his brother's downfall from a mostly ignored individual to a actively avoided weirdo. And while this had not affected Matthew's own reputation, he still sought to help out his sibling.
It did not matter in the end though. Timothy ended up avoiding even Matthew, whose words continuously fell on ears that refused to listen. So he gathered his determination and continued to try, even as he noticed how helpless the situation was becoming. Time he knew, would not be on his side as one day his brother stormed into the house like a banshee was haunting him. When asked what was wrong his brother refused to speak a word. Matthew had thought, hoped, his brother would stop. But the eldest eventually went back to old habits. And one day just left altogether. Matthew had trailed after his brother hoping to find him, and he did, but by then it was too late.
His brother had done something, and what could Matthew do but follow his brother? The two were not heard from again.
You dream of a better world where everyone is happy and healthy. You hold onto this dream with a grasp of iron.
- When all survivors are in the healthy state, you perform action speeds 6/12/18% faster
- When survivors are not in the healthy state, you perform altruistic actions 25/50/75% faster.
- Injured survivors can see your aura at a 0/75/ unlimited range
- Gain 25/50/75% more Bonus Bloodpoints in the Altruism category.
"My brother had once told me dreams won't take me anywhere. But it was my dreams which led me to save you."
Save or Be Saved:
You refuse to leave anyone behind. When a survivor on their last hook is saved by you, they gain the following effects:
- Haste for 20/40/60 seconds.
- See all survivor auras for 10/20/30 seconds.
- (Tier three only) Goes back to the healthy state.
(Tier three only) Recovers from any afflictions (Mangled, Blindness, etc) instantly from unhook.
When you are saved from your last hook you gain the following effects:
Haste for 10/20/30 seconds.
- See killer aura for 4/8/12 seconds.
- (Tier three only) Goes back to the healthy state
- Getting saved gives the savior the enduring effect for 10/20/30 seconds.
You are motivated when escape is in your grasp. This feeling is contagious and spreads to other survivors still left in the trial.
- Perform actions 5/10/15% faster when there are/is 1/2/3 generator(s) left to do.
- Altruistic Actions are performed 6/9/12% faster.
- Survivors still in the trial gain a 1/2/3% bonus to all action speeds when within a 8 meter radius of you.
Charming Grin (Default Head)
Go on our child, let the world see your bright grin!
(The default head will always have his default torso and bloody torso to have the hood up. His eyes are orange and his grin is soft.)
Bad Hair Day (Rare Head)
Waking up in the mornings could be hell. Never leave home without fixing that up!
(Brown messy hair that reaches down to the cheek. His eyes are orange and he keeps his grin.)
Matthew's Standard Grays (Default Torso)
A gray hood works well with many types of pants. This hood was well worn and well maintained.
(Gray hood with a patch oddly resembling the Altruism Symbol on the chest. Matthew wears black fingerless gloves)
Morning Pajama Shirt (Rare Torso)
Matthew was not ready to wake up today.
(A black shirt with a angel depicted on the front and a gate depicted on the back.)
Matthew's Day Out Jeans (Default Leggings)
Jeans fit for running and cowering in a locker.
(Blue colored jeans)
Morning Pajama Pants (Rare Leggings)
For when you can't be bothered to wear shoes.
(Black pants with gray socks. The pants are soft to the touch.)
Hey guys, I hope you've taken the time to look this over. Timothy and Matthew are two people I've had ideas on for a while. I hope you can give me back feed back on where I did well and where I need to fix and tweak these two in whatever you deem it necessary. Bare in mind I have drew these two but my art is... Pitiful. So I will not share them here.
Anyways if you have questions about these two as well please do ask me. Also let me tell you the lore of where they come from. So you understand the magic bizz.
Timothy and Matthew come from a universe where magic exists, that same universe also coincides with our own universe. So whatever happens here happens in their world. Evan's story is still the same in the magical world as here so that would explain why Evan wouldn't have magical powers.
Myers, Freddy, and all the licensed characters existed in this magical world but had no magic of their own. As only some of the population (however enough so that it'd be considered normal) would be able to wield this magic. Matthew would have specialized in healing magic while Timothy focused on curses. It was his obsession with the dark side of magic that led him to be outcasted.