Home Discussions General Discussions
The September 2020 Developer Update is now available.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/194208

Interesting question in the latest Dev Survey

MantaManta Member Posts: 117
Hi- I've just completed the current feedback survey and came across the question "How many survivors do you need to escape before you consider the match a successful win" (words to that effect anyway). Then the options were 1,2,3,4.
I found this interesting because, for me, I've always considered a successful survivor match one where I survive, regardless if other people do or not. Don't get me wrong, I will pretty much always aim to get my teammates out too, but I never consider that part of the win/loss criteria for my survivor game. 
As there was no option for this on the survey, I was wondering am I in the minority?
If you die as a survivor, but your 3 teammates escape, do you consider that a win or loss?
Discuss :)

Comments

• LuckyNumber14LuckyNumber14 Member Posts: 10

For me, a successful survivor match has akways been based on either a) my points or b) the fun I had. I don't care if I survive, if I earn 29k points because I saved everyone else, thats fine with me.

• The_CrusaderThe_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

I've always thought

1 survivor dead is a loss

2 survivors dead is a draw

3 survivors dead is a win

4 survivors dead is flawless victory

As survivor I'm just happy if I make it out, but yeah it feels like a more comfortable exit if two of you make it out of the door. So I guess that is still a draw.

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 7,725

Also odd that 0 isn't an option. If everyone dies but it was a solid game and we all pipped, that's still a win for me.

• Rebel_RavenRebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,654
    Kinda weird of a question due to when it comes. It comes just after survivor goal questions which comes right after killer goal questions. It seems a little ambiguous as to whos role they're talking about.
  • CakeDutyCakeDuty Member Posts: 443

I somewhat agree with @The_Crusader
    If I escape or get sacrificed I don't care about as long as someone escapes.
    I've had matches where a killer kept on downing my teammates and I've purposefully taken the agro, cause I'm a pretty good runner, and of course died but managed to have all 3 teammates escape. I see that as a victory.
    If I'm left alone with another teammate I still work towards getting the last gens done instead of hoping for my teammate to die so I can get the hatch. Hatch escapes aren't really considered a win in my book cause we didn't succesfully do our objective.

• PigNRunPigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

For me, a win is getting a daily out of the way. Especially the "Open the Exit Gate with x character". But, yes, as long as I got plenty BP in a single category, or an escape, its a win for me.

As for Killer, it depends. I dont see it as "I won this match" or "I lost this match". I simply had one and I enjoyed it because x Killer is fun to play as.

• HeroLivesHeroLives Member Posts: 1,710
    Honestly making it out is a win for me. Me and atleast 1 other survivor so 2, but that barely ever happens when playing solo.
  • Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,431
    edited January 2019
    I don't need to survive to win.... if I have a decent game and do enough for the others and put them in a good spot to succeed 
    I'm happy 

For the killer 2 dead is a draw... 3 dead is a win