After a year of original characters is there any consideration to add more licensed characters?

TigerKirby215TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 473
edited December 2018 in General Discussions

The SAW(registered trademark) Chapter was released back on the 23rd of January this year. It has now been nearly a full year and every new character has been an original creation from Behavior. Kate Denson, Adam Francis, Jeff Johansen, Kenneth "Jeffrey Hawk" Chase the Clown, Rin Yamaoka the Spirit, and Frank / Julie / Susie / Joey the Legion have all been great additions to the game and I think the community has grown a great attachment to all of them.
But I have to wonder if there are any more considerations for liscensed characters from other media. Don't get me wrong I love all the new Killers we have obtained and the new Survivors are wonderful too, but nothing is more exciting than being Laurie Strode running away from Leatherface, or Detective David Tapp hiding from Michael Myers.

I'm not begging for any new characters here but I'd love to know if Behavior has some consideration for other liscensed DLCs. My hope is that (along with famous horror movies like Child's Play, Hellraiser, It, Alien, and Psycho) the developers will consider doing some more video game crossovers akin to Bill from Left 4 Dead. I've seen great suggestions on Reddit for Killers based on Hotline Miami, Party Hard, and Amnesia: The Dark Descent. And while I doubt it will ever happen I'd be overjoyed to have The Wendigo from Until Dawn, the Baker family from Resident Evil 7, or even something as obscure as the Scissorman from Clock Tower.
I don't want to discourage Behavior from making their own original content but I'd be lying if I said that offical liscensed characters attract a lot more attention than "Chinese sweatshop horror knockoffs." I know that I personally became a lot more interested in Dead by Daylight when I heard that Michael Myers was going to be a playable Killer than when "discount Silent Hill" was added to the game.

«1

Comments

  • BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 2,642

    I'm not really keen on any more licensed killers simply because they are all left in the dumpster and weak.

  • The_CrusaderThe_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    They got most of the big ones anyway. Jason is the last one but he's in limbo.
  • DreamnomadDreamnomad Member Posts: 1,309

    I'd prefer original killers. If it makes you feel any better, I constantly see requests for a "Scream" killer. You can just pretend Legion is "Ghostface".

  • DreamnomadDreamnomad Member Posts: 1,309

    Oh, I guess I should include a reason why. A couple of reasons. 1) Licensed killers require spending real money to unlock. Original killers can be bought with shards. 2.) Licensed killers are a hassle to make new cosmetics for which is evident since no licensed killer has received a single new outfit 3.) Licensed killers have limited design space to fit into DBD. Their power might be cool in a movie, but have difficulty fitting into the game. (see Freddy)

  • DwightsLifeMattersDwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,662
    They have one more chapter to finish the Roadmap. Who knows what happens after that, but I think a Licenced killer could be quite possible after thag
  • Sandt21Sandt21 Member Posts: 127
    God I hope we get more licensed killers. Yes original killers are quite awesome, and we should have more of them over licensed killers, but they don’t bring the hype anywhere near what licensed killers do. Especially ones that are downright legendary around horror circles. When Jason Voorhees is finally added to DbD (Yes, I said when, not if), the devs are gonna make money hand over fist.
  • GreenietheSlimeGreenietheSlime Member Posts: 4

    @Dreamnomad said:
    Oh, I guess I should include a reason why. A couple of reasons. 1) Licensed killers require spending real money to unlock. Original killers can be bought with shards. 2.) Licensed killers are a hassle to make new cosmetics for which is evident since no licensed killer has received a single new outfit 3.) Licensed killers have limited design space to fit into DBD. Their power might be cool in a movie, but have difficulty fitting into the game. (see Freddy)

    Thank You!

  • AttackfrogAttackfrog Member Posts: 802

    I have enjoyed their original killers more. I love Myers but the rest are just too fun and I hope for more.

  • Detective_JonathanDetective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,072

    I honestly think we don't need anymore licensed killers or survivors, it's just going to lead to them getting mid to garbage tier perks anyways. I think the possible only one we could get is maybe CandyMan, but idk.

  • Tru3LemonTru3Lemon Member Posts: 834

    i will tell you the licence dlc that could be in this game and i will say also those that are not going to be in this game

    1.-alien: not going to be in it reason: hes not human
    2.-child play aka chucky: not going to be reason devs said that they wont put a killer doll in this game (maybe it will be in it who knows)
    3.-psycho: maybe.....
    4.-candyman: i see him good in this game
    5.-silent hill: meh..
    6.-hotline miami: i mean the characters arent killers cant say spoiler if ppl didint play the game
    7.-wendigo: maybe
    8.-all resident evil i dont think so except if its like bill dlc then yes probably
    9.-alot ppl also want in this game jason and im going to say this he will NOT be in this game devs adress jason similar as the trapper but also jason have hes own game.

  • Sandt21Sandt21 Member Posts: 127
    Tru3Lemon said:

    i will tell you the licence dlc that could be in this game and i will say also those that are not going to be in this game

    1.-alien: not going to be in it reason: hes not human
    2.-child play aka chucky: not going to be reason devs said that they wont put a killer doll in this game (maybe it will be in it who knows)
    3.-psycho: maybe.....
    4.-candyman: i see him good in this game
    5.-silent hill: meh..
    6.-hotline miami: i mean the characters arent killers cant say spoiler if ppl didint play the game
    7.-wendigo: maybe
    8.-all resident evil i dont think so except if its like bill dlc then yes probably
    9.-alot ppl also want in this game jason and im going to say this he will NOT be in this game devs adress jason similar as the trapper but also jason have hes own game.

    Actually, the Devs have said they’d like to have Jason and he will always have “a standing invitation.”
  • Dokta_CarterDokta_Carter Member Posts: 375
    edited December 2018
    Tru3Lemon said:

    i will tell you the licence dlc that could be in this game and i will say also those that are not going to be in this game

    1.-alien: not going to be in it reason: hes not human
    2.-child play aka chucky: not going to be reason devs said that they wont put a killer doll in this game (maybe it will be in it who knows)
    3.-psycho: maybe.....
    4.-candyman: i see him good in this game
    5.-silent hill: meh..
    6.-hotline miami: i mean the characters arent killers cant say spoiler if ppl didint play the game
    7.-wendigo: maybe
    8.-all resident evil i dont think so except if its like bill dlc then yes probably
    9.-alot ppl also want in this game jason and im going to say this he will NOT be in this game devs adress jason similar as the trapper but also jason have hes own game.

    But we have "Knockoff Silent Hill" already so... Licenced Silent Hill would and could,in my honest opinion, only be bigman pyramid head rushing fer ya... Oh dear god imagining that made me cringe
  • TigerKirby215TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 473

    @Tru3Lemon said:
    i will tell you the licence dlc that could be in this game and i will say also those that are not going to be in this game

    1.-alien: not going to be in it reason: hes not human
    2.-child play aka chucky: not going to be reason devs said that they wont put a killer doll in this game (maybe it will be in it who knows)
    3.-psycho: maybe.....
    4.-candyman: i see him good in this game
    5.-silent hill: meh..
    6.-hotline miami: i mean the characters arent killers cant say spoiler if ppl didint play the game
    7.-wendigo: maybe
    8.-all resident evil i dont think so except if its like bill dlc then yes probably
    9.-alot ppl also want in this game jason and im going to say this he will NOT be in this game devs adress jason similar as the trapper but also jason have hes own game.

    1. There's nothing stopping a non-human Killer from being added into the game. The Xenomorph still has a generally humanoid figure which means they can still use the regular body animations (well more like Hag's body animations.) I believe the issue with adding non-humans is adding quadrupeds which would need new animations and would probably need a lot of map adjusting to accomidate their forms.
    2. Well they also said there wouldn't be a Clown Killer and look how that turned out.
    3. Norman Bates would be fun as just a regular dude but honestly I don't know how he'd be anything more than a T1 Myers clone.
    4. I know nothing about Candyman and therefor can't comment on their viability in this game.
    5. Konami is a bitch with their IPs. Not going to happen.
    6. I mean they are they still kill people. :^) Huntress similarly isn't really a "killer" but she still slaughters people in-game.
    7. Would have to talk to the Until Dawn people. IDK if it would be on all platforms though and a platform exclusive Killer would suck.
    8. I think Resident Evil is possible but talking with Capcom is hard. The real problem is that Resi is much more of an action genre now as opposed to a horror genre. The Baker family would still be cool though.
    9. Jason won't happen because of copyright - that's why F13 isn't being worked on anymore.
  • lasombra1979lasombra1979 Member Posts: 936

    Just putting it out there, the copyright case for F13 has already been settled so that is not an issue.

  • PluPlu Member Posts: 860

    As long as it's from a decent movie / franchise i don't mind, i really want a non-human killer for once tho, just to amp up the creepy factor, the hag is close to that but i think they can do something even better.

  • CrythorCrythor Member Posts: 228

    I am personally againt more licenced killer . I like original killers more and people cant buy licenced killers with shards so i am against that too. If they bring out a good killer i give them money if not i get it with shards. Also locking more perks behind paywall/shrine rng is terrible.

  • Tru3LemonTru3Lemon Member Posts: 834

    licensed killers i see in this game its ghostface, babadook, maybe slenderman i dont know, the ring, evil dead.

  • DelfadorDelfador Member Posts: 2,553

    We need chucky.

    Everyone goes crazy for Jason but Trapper already looks like him. Honestly, they can do a great job with chucky and make him the scariest killer out there.

    I think that the next killer will be licensed but who knows.

  • Kamikaze_RoseKamikaze_Rose Member Posts: 151
    I just want The Hell Priest aka Pinhead. After that, I honestly don't care whether they ever do another licensed killer or not. 
  • RSBRSB Member Posts: 2,259

    Don't destroy another icon killer, please...

  • XxAtomicAlfiexXXxAtomicAlfiexX Member Posts: 395

    I WANT JASON !!! friday the 13th is my favorite horror film series and my 2nd favorite horror film (i saying it by itself because im not sure how else to say it).

  • KillerRaccoonKillerRaccoon Member Posts: 393
    The only reason I’d really like another licensed character, is so I don’t have to worry about collecting the thousands of cosmetics they would release for a new character. I already have enough on my plate trying to get everyone else’s cosmetics.
  • Tru3LemonTru3Lemon Member Posts: 834

    @Delfador said:
    We need chucky.

    Everyone goes crazy for Jason but Trapper already looks like him. Honestly, they can do a great job with chucky and make him the scariest killer out there.

    I think that the next killer will be licensed but who knows.

    they already said that killer dolls wont be in this game hes soo small that how he jump to windows or how he destroy pallets xd or how he grab a survivor

  • SupernautSupernaut Member Posts: 587
    edited December 2018

    Hi, am I the only person who thinks there is an immense amount of mileage in adding Blake and Stevie Wayne from The Fog?
    As it is, DBD is set "In the Fog", the whole mist mechanic could be amped up to create a super spooky cloak under which the killer can move freely. As for Stevie, we have Jamie Lee Curtis in the game, why not another classic 80's icon, in Adrienne Barbeau!?

    Seriously!!! Let's get behind this!!!

  • TigerKirby215TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 473
    edited December 2018

    @Tru3Lemon said:
    licensed killers i see in this game its ghostface, babadook, maybe slenderman i dont know, the ring, evil dead.

    Doubt Ghostface will happen beyond possibly a skin for Legion. (Which I'd buy instantly btw) Babadook is a bit too niche and Evil Dead is kinda too campy for this game. (You can't make Ash a Survivor because he'd just kill all the Killers.) I don't know how they'd make The Ring into a Killer or what Survivor they'd include.
    And Slenderman... I'd prefer to keep away from pop culture. A Slenderman inspired killer I can get behind but nothing would make me cringe harder than having to clense "pages."

    @Tru3Lemon said:

    @Delfador said:
    We need chucky.

    Everyone goes crazy for Jason but Trapper already looks like him. Honestly, they can do a great job with chucky and make him the scariest killer out there.

    I think that the next killer will be licensed but who knows.

    they already said that killer dolls wont be in this game hes soo small that how he jump to windows or how he destroy pallets xd or how he grab a survivor

    Again: they also said there wouldn't be a Clown killer and look how that turned out.

  • PigNRunPigNRun Member Posts: 1,515
    Supernaut said:

    Hi, am I the only person who thinks there is an immense amount of mileage in adding Blake and Stevie Wayne from The Fog?
    As it is, DBD is set "In the Fog", the whole mist mechanic could be amped up to create a super spooky cloak under which the killer can move freely. As for Stevie, we have Jamie Lee Curtis in the game, why not another classic 80's icon, in Adrienne Barbeau!?

    Seriously!!! Let's get behind this!!!

    Who?
       ⬆
    Thats the problem with certain licensed character ideas. They are not nearly iconic enough to be recognised.
  • yoimbayoimba Member Posts: 2

    Jack Torrance from the Shining would be gold.

  • NightmareRebornNightmareReborn Member Posts: 336

    @Tru3Lemon said:
    licensed killers i see in this game its ghostface, babadook, maybe slenderman i dont know, the ring, evil dead.

    Babadook? I wonder how that would work...

  • NightmareRebornNightmareReborn Member Posts: 336
    edited December 2018

    I said this on another thread earlier today. Say what you want, but I would love to see Springtrap from the FNaF series. He just fits perfectly for many reasons.
    A) Back in the days of 2014-15, Five Nights at Freddy's was HUGE. I mean like gargantuan. It even had a major part in YouTube Rewind in 2015.
    B ) Five Night's at Freddy's is scheduled for a film adaptation sometime past 2020. I doubt if it wouldn't be at least considered then. One of the devs already said they wanted to see a FNaF character in the game.
    C) Springtrap/William Afton is PERFECT for a killer role in DbD. He killed dozens of innocent children by luring them away and then killing them. He would add new variety into the game because he is the first killer to partially non-human (with the other part being robot obviously). William Afton controls the suit, so its technically still human.

Sign In or Register to comment.