Why Amanda?

DCh4rlieDCh4rlie Member Posts: 4
Just a little warning first, this thread might contain some spoilers to the Saw series.

Okay, so basically my question is, why would the Entity take Amanda rather than John? Why take a henchman (not sure whether this is the right word) over a master minded psychopath that always thinks one step ahead of everyone?

It certainly can't be the fact that John didn't actually wanted to kill his victims rather than teaching them a lesson, since we also have other killers in the realm that didn't mean to kill in the first place e.g. Wraith or Hag. 

Best Answer

• DoulldozerDoulldozer Posts: 21
    Accepted Answer

In reality Amanda was the perfect choice as a killer, John took you due to lack of appreciation of life and if you earned your second chance he would let you go. He had honour and if you won his game then you earned freedom.

Amanda on the other hand was a significantly more brutal Jigsaw, to her you were a sack of meat who didn't deserve redemption. Whereas John would let you live should you best his game, Amanda's games were unwinnable, she purposefully tampered with traps to make it you could not escape and would die. So in reality if you were to pit Amanda vs John for a murder role, Amanda beats john by a long shot as john let you go should you deserve it while Amanda would toy with you knowing you were going to die no matter what under her traps.

Answers

• TheluckyboiTheluckyboi Member Posts: 228

A man with cancer chasing survivors? i dont know, it seems off

• Salty_PearlSalty_Pearl Member Posts: 344

Amanda was obsessed with John and I guess her emotional state made the Entity more interested in her

• ShrimpTwiggsShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 837

John isn't really a 'chase you down' person. And due to his condition, he wouldn't be able to chase the survivors down or bring them to a sacrificial hook.

• I_Eat_WormsI_Eat_Worms Member Posts: 29

@Doulldozer said:
    In reality Amanda was the perfect choice as a killer, John took you due to lack of appreciation of life and if you earned your second chance he would let you go. He had honour and if you won his game then you earned freedom.

Amanda on the other hand was a significantly more brutal Jigsaw, to her you were a sack of meat who didn't deserve redemption. Whereas John would let you live should you best his game, Amanda's games were unwinnable, she purposefully tampered with traps to make it you could not escape and would die. So in reality if you were to pit Amanda vs John for a murder role, Amanda beats john by a long shot as john let you go should you deserve it while Amanda would toy with you knowing you were going to die no matter what under her traps.

Hoffman beats Amanda for a murder role

• XxAtomicAlfiexXXxAtomicAlfiexX Member Posts: 373

@DCh4rlie said:
    Just a little warning first, this thread might contain some spoilers to the Saw series.

a master minded psychopath that always thinks one step ahead of everyone?

i think its a bit more then one.

• Divinitye9Divinitye9 Member Posts: 91

A man with cancer chasing survivors? i dont know, it seems off

We have teenage children chasing down full grown men with rulers with compass points taped to them.

Honestly, David could flat out level any Legion with a good right cross.

Yet, it doesn’t happen. 

The entity can do many things to assist a killer in their endeavors. Helping a man run who is riddled with cancer? Not unbelievable in the entity’s realm.
  • DoulldozerDoulldozer Member Posts: 21

@I_Eat_Worms said:

@Doulldozer said:

Hoffman beats Amanda for a murder role

Hoffman was another strong contender but I still don't think he was as good as Amanda for a pure murderous killer. He did let his anger get the better of him a couple of times but John kept him in check and made sure he made the games correctly, the only real major burst he had was when he went on his murderous rampage for revenge, but that wasn't due to his attitude more how angry he was.

As said Amanda killed you just cause you were a sack of meat whereas Hoffman still played the games although still with some discrepancies. Hoffman by far is a better game master than Amanda was but he wasn't just a straight up killer like Amanda, you had to tick him off for him to fully go ballistic compared to Amanda just straight up murdering and mocking you.