2.6.0 is now available for download on all platform
The new content from Demise of the Faithful is available immediately in the in-game store. DLC is available on Steam / Playstation Store EU / Playstation Store NA / XBOX
Patch Notes: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/patch-notes
Emblem blogpost: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/52295/the-emblem-system-changes-explained#latest
We are testing out new post formatting for the forum. There might be some issues present (white text, blank quotes, etc.), we are looking to resolve those. Thank you.

Decisive Strike

13»

Comments

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 6,452

@Theluckyboi said:

@Arroz said:

@Theluckyboi said:

@Arroz said:
    I just.. Uhhh have to say something...

Tell me one way to effectively counter decisive without the need of perks

Umm, dribbling or let the guy in the ground and bleed out?

Yes, because you will always have a hook right next to you and letting a survivor bleed out is fun for everyone

But killers that plan ahead maneuver survivors during a chase towards where they want to down them aka near a hook.

• ShroompyShroompy Member Posts: 121

@doggieman said:
    People who complain about DS are also the same killers that spam the hell out of the R key whenever a survivor shines a flashlight at their face. There is nothing wrong with DS and they shouldn't do anything to change it. There will always be people complaining about something.

Yikes bud, I don't think you know the potential of DS.
    Decisive Strike can be a game changer.. If a good survivor uses DS. They can loop a killer for way too long. A chase shouldn't last more than a minute. You waste so much time chasing people as a killer and all DS does is extend that time.
    Yes it does need to be nerfed because this gets even stronger with a SWF group.
    With what you're telling me leads me to believe you haven't seen the true potential on the killer side.

• TatsuiChiyoTatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 121

Nothing should be done about it. It's honestly not that bad of a problem. It can only be used once, you have to pass a skill check to get it, and can be countered by either slugging or juggling.

• LCGasterLCGaster Member Posts: 946

The only killer that has a somewhat counter to DS is Clown, by throwing a bottle on the ground, immediately picking up the survivor and waiting for them to hit the skillcheck, unless they somehow have Sprint Burst ready, which negates the "Slowing down" part of the Afterpiece Tonic. And Enduring makes the effects last less. But DS is still bullshit

• perotxperotx Member Posts: 77

just dribble lul

• GT_Legend2GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 716
    doggieman said:

@The_Crusader said:
    How about this...

They remove it.

Perfect solution.

Alright then remove NOED too.

Not an issue
  • artistartist Member Posts: 568
    I think people fail to realize that ds and noed both share a similar purpose. waste the other side's time. getting hit with ds extends the chase, going around the map to cleanse 5 totems loses time on gens (if u don't you're more than likely to get at least 1 free hook from it). and id like to point out to the people that advocate to "just remove ds" killer has some bs options to choose from as well such as moris, broken addons or to just tunnel someone out the game. so what I'm trying to say is change X only if Y receives changes itself
  • CymerCymer Member Posts: 340
    NOED: I fvcked up because we genrushed without cleansing max. 5 totems...bad killer! Perks should get removed. I don't want to cleanse totems every game and slow down the game. Just give me my victory!

DS: nothing you can do against. And no Enduring does NOT counter DS! It reduces the stun. The stun was never the issue! The issue with DS is, it elongates the chase, what could end up in a downwards spiral for the killer, like the first hook would have be an opportunity to snowball AND DS at the end of the game is basically an I WIN button. If the gates are open and you down a survivor with DS, he just can go away with absolutely no counterplay. That's why DS is hated!
  • CronaWinsCronaWins Member Posts: 131

Not only does the survivor get a free escape, the real problem is that the killer instantly loses any pressure on the game his playing.

Why do so many survivors hate Legion? Same reason all killers hate DS. There is no counter play.

• The_CrusaderThe_Crusader Member Posts: 3,606
    edited February 4
    Outplay a survivor at a loop

Pick them up for the hook

They hit you, you take a stun, they get to a new loop, the other survivors manage to pop the last gen in this time.

All this based on a choice made before the game even began which the killer can do nothing about.

What's not to like? Sounds like such great game design.
  • ZagridZagrid Member Posts: 295
    How about this...

They remove it.

Perfect solution.
    Love that idea
  • grtf47grtf47 Member Posts: 89
    How about there is a limit to how many survivors can use DS. We all can acknowledge the fact that a 4-man with DS is almost impossible to beat as a killer and can be unfair. I know one side will always have an advantage but maybe set a limit to how many survivors can use DS, like 2 or maybe set a requirement to activate DS, similarly as the perk called diversion.
  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 9,732

@The_Crusader said:
    Outplay a survivor at a loop

Pick them up for the hook

They hit you, you take a stun, they get to a new loop, the other survivors manage to pop the last gen in this time.

All this based on a choice made before the game even began which the killer can do nothing about.

What's not to like? Sounds like such great game design.

Indeed, perfect design

13»