2.6.0 is now available for download on all platform
The new content from Demise of the Faithful is available immediately in the in-game store. DLC is available on Steam / Playstation Store EU / Playstation Store NA / XBOX
Patch Notes: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/patch-notes
Emblem blogpost: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/52295/the-emblem-system-changes-explained#latest
We are testing out new post formatting for the forum. There might be some issues present (white text, blank quotes, etc.), we are looking to resolve those. Thank you.

If we are banned we encounter 8014 error

I encounter 8014 error since 10 days i try everything but game is not opened I wonder if I may have  ban this game

Comments

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 9,708

Do you get this error after starting a match?
    BEcause this will indeed result into a bann eventually, too much DCing is punished (but it has to be a lot)

• burak1998_20burak1998_20 Member Posts: 165
    @Master

No i can't join any servers but two weeks before my screen is blurry i try solve this problem i exit the game again and again.
  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 9,708

@burak1998_20 said:
    @Master

No i can't join any servers but two weeks before my screen is blurry i try solve this problem i exit the game again and again.

You mean you cant start the application DBD? Then you should be fine, it only counts as DCing when you quit after the game has started putting you from lobby into loading screen and the game

• ceridwen309ceridwen309 Member Posts: 310
    edited December 2018

@burak1998_20

Your plight has not gone unnoticed.

I saw your post here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/22397 , and several other places throughout. I'm sorry that you are suffering through this issue. Let us see if we can get closer to fixing it.

Edit: It seems that Mandy already sent you in the direction of the support team. If you haven't already, fill a ticket out.

First off- Have you sent a quick ticket to the support and ACM staff ? The website for which is here>>> https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us

Secondly- Mandy and Peanits probably have more background on this issue and authority to boot. I saw where mandy was working on relaying the progress they were having with this problem in the above link. Anyway, I think it would be best to bring them in on this. @Peanits @MandyTalk

Thirdly- What have you tried in regards to altering the problem?

In the previous post, one user remarked on their security/firewall. Another user pointed at steam's launcher having more of a hand in this.

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod Posts: 2,153

It's not connected with a ban, so you don't need to worry about that. Sadly, I am not able to offer you a fix as it appears to be different per individual - hence some people have been helped by not using a shortcut to access DBD and going through their Steam Library whilst for others that has not helped.

I'm not even sure if port forwarding will help (more information in an article that I've linked below). Which is why I suggest going directly to support. I am so sorry that I've not been able to help.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/244314/how_to_forward_ports_on_your_router.html

• MojoTheFabulousMojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 936

Launching the game from the Steam Library fixed this error for me and some others that have also had this issue. It doesn't work for everyone though and I have no clue why.

@ceridwen309

I try delete this game and download again for three times,confirmed the files,i try vpn,i try phone's internet,i repair eac but this game is not working since 12 days 
  • VortexasVortexas Member Posts: 719

Some possiblities:

PC Running out of Memory. Try just loading Dbd with minimum Apps running in the background.

visual errors: video card could be overheating. i'd recommend cleaning it with a can of compressed air.

@Vortexas

Other games left 4 dead 2,total war:attila and company of heroes is working i can play online left 4 dead 2 but i can't play online dead by daylight what is this shit i think 2.4.0 update broke some servers
    I recall someone mentioning that one could change the steam server through the account settings and this cleared it up for them.

I hate to see someone unable to enjoy a game they want to play.

---

Probably unrelated, but can you load the game without add-ons on the steam client? Or is it automatically thrown in when you download the game?
    @ceridwen309

Bhvr working about this problem right?

İt's otomaticly downloaded dlc just opening this characters
    Being that enough people are suffering with this issue, I'm sure behavior is working on it. (This however is my opinion and I can't speak for them in a factual sense.)

All I can do is hope for a speedy fix and help you akwardly troubleshoot a bit.

Do you have a trusted friend or family member with the game on steam? If you can, ask them if you can borrow thier account briefly and try loading the game through thier account on your comp. It could narrow it down.
    @if enough people suffering with this i think they are working about this but this is too long two week

I don't know maybe they are give to me steam usernames and passawords
  • Tucking_FriggeredTucking_Friggered Member Posts: 357

Uninstall DbD.
    Hit the Windows+R key and type cmd.
    Type ipconfig /flushDNS
    Let it run and complete.
    Type ipconfig /release
    Let it run and complete.
    Type ipconfig /renew
    Let it run and complete.
    Reinstall and run DbD.
    Report here if it helped.

@Tucking_Friggered

I try three times but not working 
    edited January 3

@burak1998_20 said:
    @Tucking_Friggered

I try three times but not working 

Okay, from here we know the issue is much more severe and not internet related. It sounds like you have a corrupted registry, a missing/corrupted system file, a virus/malware infection, or corrupted ActiveX control.

The simplest solution is to reinstall Windows. Otherwise you are looking at a much more time intensive fix.

It is very unlikely technical support is going to be able to help you because they can not access your system to test what could have went wrong.
    Even more troubling is that the game went from working to not working rapidly which points to a corruption. There is no on/off switch for your issue in my honest opinion.

You can try this if reinstalling Windows is something you'd like to try and avoid.

In the search box on the taskbar, enter Command Prompt. Right click on Command Prompt (Desktop App Icon) and select run as administrator.

Enter DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (note the space before each "/"). (Note: This step may take a few minutes to start and up to 30 minutes to run and complete.)

Enter sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/")

Post edited by Tucking_Friggered on
    Thank you for assisting, Tucking_Friggered.

If they do go through the effort of restoring their comp, I'm cheering for it to work.

You're very welcome. I too hope it works for them.

@Chicken

@Tinkoff

Come this comment brothers 
    @Tucking_Friggered

I try this but cmd give to me error 87
  • RodrigolfreitasRodrigolfreitas Member Posts: 1

erros na plataforma PS4 de inicialização do jogo, esta muito dificil de entrar no jogo e mais ainda de jogar...

@Rodrigolfreitas

Your problem seen by after 2.4.0 patch or before?
    edited January 5

@burak1998_20 said:
    @Tucking_Friggered

I try this but cmd give to me error 87

That typically means you did not input the command correctly. Try again.

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Try that, the same without the .exe after DISM. Do not forget the spaces. Do not add a space after /RestoreHealth either.

If that doesn't work you may have to enable Windows Trusted Installer. Try this first and we'll go from there.

• TinkoffTinkoff Member Posts: 18

@Tucking_Friggered
    Hello,
    I did everything as you wrote, but it does not help.The scan did not detect any problems.

edited January 6

@Tinkoff said:
    @Tucking_Friggered
    Hello,
    I did everything as you wrote, but it does not help.The scan did not detect any problems.

Okay. Disable your virus protection temporarily. Norton, Mcafee, etc.
    In the taskbar enter firewall.cpl
    Right click the icon and select run as administrator.
    From there turn off the firewall and disable the firewall for private and public networks.
    Load up DeadbyDaylight.
    Let me know if the error is still there.
    Do not go browsing the internet with these protections off, we are simply testing if it is related to these antivirus/firewall settings.

@Tucking_Friggered
    I disabled the firewall and Windows defender but the error remained

edited January 6

delete.

edited January 6

@Tinkoff said:
    @Tucking_Friggered
    I disabled the firewall and Windows defender but the error remained

Then you are going to have to reinstall Windows. This is very likely a registry issue as we have ruled out internet and firewall related issues and a basic repair of Windows did not help.

I do not recommend a third party registry fixing program as they are snake oil and typically offer malware in exchange for basic Windows registry fixes that are not going to help your issue. If it were going to help the things we have done so far would have.

Port 8014 is used by client and server for inbound/outbound communications and it sounds like you have a deep registry error hampering it. Likely the registry error is within DbDs entries or its proxy program entries. You could also have a corrupt ActiveX entry.

I recommend reinstalling Windows to get rid of this issue and because failing to do so can lead to eventual blue screen errors.

Out of curiosity did you download or open any files before this issue occurred? Malware, viruses, worms and rootkits can certainly cause it. Do you notice any lag in your operating system?

https://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/tdsskiller

Download and run this before you reinstall Windows just to be sure you do not have something your virus detection did not pickup.

@Tucking_Friggered
    The error appeared after the update 2.4.0. On the beta test of the new chapter was the same error

@Tinkoff said:
    @Tucking_Friggered
    The error appeared after the update 2.4.0. On the beta test of the new chapter was the same error

What operating system do you run? I assumed win10.