2.6.0 is now available for download on all platform
The new content from Demise of the Faithful is available immediately in the in-game store. DLC is available on Steam / Playstation Store EU / Playstation Store NA / XBOX
Patch Notes: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/patch-notes
Emblem blogpost: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/52295/the-emblem-system-changes-explained#latest
We are testing out new post formatting for the forum. There might be some issues present (white text, blank quotes, etc.), we are looking to resolve those. Thank you.

Restrictions: It's Naming and Shaming!

NickenzieNickenzie Member Posts: 3,132

Short, sweet, and to the point

I'd like if your restriction status wasn't displayed to everyone to see since it's Naming and Shaming. It's really embarrassing since everyone sees (the jail bars) that you have done something wrong.

Just remove the jail bars that everyone sees when you have a restriction because I almost quit the forums due to how much I was embarrassed by them.

Thank You!
Tagged:

Comments

• DocOctoberDocOctober Member Posts: 1,295

You should have thought about that before you did wrong. Shaming is the purpose of those bars.

• NickenzieNickenzie Member Posts: 3,132

You should have thought about that before you did wrong. Shaming is the purpose of those bars.

Same can be said with your warning huh @DocOctober? Exactly.

No one's safe, you're gonna get jailed eventually because everyone is gonna make mistakes, it's human nature. However, shaming the jailed user is not okay, they don't deserve it. It puts a label on them and it draws too much attention. That needs to go.
  • Luc_iusLuc_ius Member Posts: 154

I didn't see anyone with bars, how does it look ?

@Nickenzie said:
    DocOctober said:

No one's safe, you're gonna get jailed eventually because everyone is gonna make mistakes, it's human nature. However, shaming the jailed user is not okay, they don't deserve it. It puts a label on them and it draws too much attention. That needs to go.

I don't care for warnings. I call trolls out and should it get me banned one day, it'll have been worth it.

I also don't care whether or not users have bars on their profile picture. They are there for a reason.

Luc_ius said:

This is what I'm talking about, your profile picture gets bars added to them for everyone to see. The bars are like a label saying, "Hey come look at this guy, he did something bad lol!"

@Nickenzie said:
    Luc_ius said:

This is what I'm talking about, your profile picture gets bars added to them for everyone to see. The bars are like a label saying, "Hey come look at this guy, he did something bad lol!"

And isn't that true?

It's the same reasoning really as with the medieval pranger.

@Nickenzie said:
    DocOctober said:

I don't care for warnings. I call trolls out and should it get me banned one day, it'll have been worth it.

I also don't care whether or not users have bars on their profile picture. They are there for a reason.

"I don't care for warnings. I call trolls out and should it get me banned one day, it'll have been worth it."

That's against the F.Q.A Guidelines, you're gonna get bars if you keep doing that (even through you have good intentions). Then you're gonna feel what it's like when you're in my shoes. Next will be you wanting the same thing, I'm telling you, it's that bad to be embarrassed.

"I also don't care whether or not users have bars on their profile picture. They are there for a reason."

I'm saying if you have a restriction, you don't get bars on your profile pic telling everyone about you doing something bad (after all it's you and the mod that put the restriction on you business). That's all I want, it's Naming and Shaming to even have bars on your profile picture which is against their F.Q.A Guidelines: No Naming and Shaming. As for everything else for the restriction, it can stay just no bars.

@Nickenzie said:
    Luc_ius said:

And isn't that true?

It's the same reasoning really as with the medieval pranger.

Nope, you have no clue. My bars aren't justified but I can't go into detail here because it would be classified as "Starting an open argument with a mod".
  • VietfoxVietfox Member Posts: 3,827
    Nickenzie said:

I almost quit the forums due to how much I was embarrassed by them.

You were embarrased? Bars mean you are cool! B)
  • MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod Posts: 2,106

Whilst the feedback is much appreciated, I suspect this probably won't change. It is the same as any forum - when you get banned (whether that be a permanent/month/week ban) there is a warning on your name, same as with Steam etc. The bars over the name are the same as having "banned" in red next to your name (which is what happens on our Steam forums), and it is to help moderate the forum as much as anything else. The bars show that your account is restricted, nothing more.

This discussion has been closed.