Dead by Daylight will be in Europe for the first time at Gamescom. If you are around the area, there will be a get together on Wednesday, August 21st at 6PM CEST! Come chat, drink, snack and have fun with DBD team members [18+]
To book your ticket:https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dead-by-daylight-gamescom-meetup-tickets-68832392539

Steam Inventory should actually work

Now that you can actually buy in-game cosmetics I would love for the Steam Inventory to actually show off cosmetics you own instead of a bunch of free stuff from the anniversary event from 2 years ago. I don't expect Steam Trading but it would also be nice to be able to buy a cosmetic and gift it to a friend through Steam Trading.

Comments

• TigerKirby215TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 482

Bumping this because the idea recently came back to me.

• KillerRaccoonKillerRaccoon Member Posts: 396
    I love the idea of gifting cosmetics. That’s honestly all I’d ask for on every Christmas and birthday.
  • NightmareRebornNightmareReborn Member Posts: 414

@TigerKirby215 said:
    Now that you can actually buy in-game cosmetics I would love for the Steam Inventory to actually show off cosmetics you own instead of a bunch of free stuff from the anniversary event from 2 years ago. I don't expect Steam Trading but it would also be nice to be able to buy a cosmetic and gift it to a friend through Steam Trading.

That would be cool in concept, but I fear that much worse things would come along side that. I play Team Fortress 2 (which has a steam market/trading system) and I get COUNTLESS scammers asking me to trade my items. These people look nice and good to trade with, but actually end up trying to scam you! I had to learn this the hard way when I lost almost 300 dollars! I don't want to put anyone else at a risk like that.

My point is, if you really want to gift your friend something, then just give them a steam gift card to buy it with.

• TigerKirby215TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 482

@NightmareReborn said:

@TigerKirby215 said:

That would be cool in concept, but I fear that much worse things would come along side that. I play Team Fortress 2 (which has a steam market/trading system) and I get COUNTLESS scammers asking me to trade my items. These people look nice and good to trade with, but actually end up trying to scam you! I had to learn this the hard way when I lost almost 300 dollars! I don't want to put anyone else at a risk like that.

My point is, if you really want to gift your friend something, then just give them a steam gift card to buy it with.

I get scammers adding me all the time too my dude. My DOTA inventory is collectively worth like $2000, in large part because of my $300 Immortal and $50 Arcanas.
    Avoiding scammers is part of the Steam experience and I think being able to display what items you own shouldn't be outweighed by the fact that the internet is the internet. And giving a gift card isn't as personalized as buying your friend a cosmetic for their main that they've been looking at for days. A gift card to the clothing store isn't as special as that dress you've been eyeing for ages.