The 3.2.0 update is now live on PC and consoles. For more information, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87832/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Killer Tier List

2»

Comments

  • DemothDemoth Member Posts: 49

    @Shroompy said:
    her power to go to gen to gen, not to pick them off the gen. You also want to use her power mid chase. How ever currently in 2.4.0 the foot steps are lower than usual. So Spirit is harder than usual.

    The problem with using the power to go to a gen it is easy to realize when she's coming to you, and hiding from her, or just booking it with an exhaustion perk while she has to slow chase you for 15 seconds.

    Mid-chase, her power can be good, but it seems to be all about the mind games, which are not the same as raw skill, and making a slight mistake during a chase, with her power, is going to most likely going to end up costing the Spirit a generator.

  • ChiChi Member Posts: 755

    I just scrolled down to find Pig and I can't say I am surprised. It's 2019 people, you should know that Pig is mid tier killer by now.

  • PigNRunPigNRun Member Posts: 1,872

    @Demoth said:

    @Shroompy said:
    her power to go to gen to gen, not to pick them off the gen. You also want to use her power mid chase. How ever currently in 2.4.0 the foot steps are lower than usual. So Spirit is harder than usual.

    The problem with using the power to go to a gen it is easy to realize when she's coming to you, and hiding from her, or just booking it with an exhaustion perk while she has to slow chase you for 15 seconds.

    Mid-chase, her power can be good, but it seems to be all about the mind games, which are not the same as raw skill, and making a slight mistake during a chase, with her power, is going to most likely going to end up costing the Spirit a generator.

    Mind games are a lot more representative of skill than just chasing someone ("raw skill"), unless you meant something else.

  • DemothDemoth Member Posts: 49

    @PigNRun said:

    Mind games are a lot more representative of skill than just chasing someone ("raw skill"), unless you meant something else.

    Well, Huntress, Nurse, and Hillbilly might need to use mind games for pallets and windows, or walls if Nurse loses line of sight, but they generally require skill to keep track of people, and when to use the power (aiming hatchets / leading, precise blinks as Nurse, and when to let yourself fly with a chainsaw).

    The problem with mind games is that in order for you to successfully mind game someone who is also trying to mind game you, you have to learn what their patterns are. This can take time, and time is not on a killer's side. You might think a survivor is going to mind game you at a pallet, as a Spirit, and instead they'll just keep running because they don't know what the mind game actually is, and now you've just blown your power. You might be able to catch them and figure what they're doing, but if you didn't get your initial hit, that's 15 seconds to get your power, chase them, hit them, and then another 15 seconds to use your power. That's potentially 3 gens loss on a single bad read.

  • PigNRunPigNRun Member Posts: 1,872

    @Demoth said:

    @PigNRun said:

    Mind games are a lot more representative of skill than just chasing someone ("raw skill"), unless you meant something else.

    Well, Huntress, Nurse, and Hillbilly might need to use mind games for pallets and windows, or walls if Nurse loses line of sight, but they generally require skill to keep track of people, and when to use the power (aiming hatchets / leading, precise blinks as Nurse, and when to let yourself fly with a chainsaw).

    The problem with mind games is that in order for you to successfully mind game someone who is also trying to mind game you, you have to learn what their patterns are. This can take time, and time is not on a killer's side. You might think a survivor is going to mind game you at a pallet, as a Spirit, and instead they'll just keep running because they don't know what the mind game actually is, and now you've just blown your power. You might be able to catch them and figure what they're doing, but if you didn't get your initial hit, that's 15 seconds to get your power, chase them, hit them, and then another 15 seconds to use your power. That's potentially 3 gens loss on a single bad read.

    So, whats the difference between a Hillbilly or Huntress following scratch marks/blood trails and doing it as Spirit while phasing? Who on top of that have to also pay attention to sounds produced by Survivors because they might have doubled back, because, unlike other Killers while using their powers, she cant see them. Way more challenging and, again, representative of the player's skill.

    And, now, if we are talking about mindgame potential, you are just describing a Spirit player who cant judge when to phase and mindgame and when not to. For instance, the Killer Shack; never try to phase there unless you are trying to force the pallet down or is already down. That comes with experience and learning map awareness, and the same goes for every single other Killer. It doesnt take you long to figure out how "smart" a person is during chases.

  • ShroompyShroompy Member Posts: 215

    @That_One_Scrub said:
    Looking at this, honestly the only change I would make would be to swap Pig and Trapper. I want to love the big trappy boi, but the fact is that traps are time-consuming to collect and set, easy to avoid, and easily countered compared to hag's traps.

    Pig isn't any better than low-mid tier, but as minimal as her power is, it's at least consistently valuable, and crouch opens up some minor but important outplay potential. Trapper just has to eat whatever survivors throw at him.

    I'm a Trapper main, got to Rank 1 as Trapper and Ive seen what he's capable of. At the beginning of the game you want to set down 1 trap. And try to find survivors. Down a survivor then hook them. Thats when you start placing traps. As 1 or 2 people will get off the gen they're doing and go for the save, wasting time

  • DemothDemoth Member Posts: 49

    @PigNRun said:
    So, whats the difference between a Hillbilly or Huntress following scratch marks/blood trails and doing it as Spirit while phasing? Who on top of that have to also pay attention to sounds produced by Survivors because they might have doubled back, because, unlike other Killers while using their powers, she cant see them. Way more challenging and, again, representative of the player's skill.

    Because Hillbilly has better map pressure, and can insta-down you.

    Huntress can smack you close up and then M1 you, which is essentially an instant down.

    Spirit has to hit you, and then either chase you at 110% speed, or phase and hope she can catch you.

  • Lanis_Lanis_ Member Posts: 130
    Without broken build with Cancer add-on, my tier list is:

    Tier 1: Nurse , Billy, spirit and huntress.
    Tier 2: Myers, Hag, Legion, wraith, Clown, Doctor.
    Tier 3: Trapper, Bubba , Pig, Freddy.
  • ShroompyShroompy Member Posts: 215

    @Lanis_ said:
    Without broken build with Cancer add-on, my tier list is:

    Tier 1: Nurse , Billy, spirit and huntress.
    Tier 2: Myers, Hag, Legion, wraith, Clown, Doctor.
    Tier 3: Trapper, Bubba , Pig, Freddy.

    I would agree with most of these how ever Clown can shut down chases much faster than Legion or Wraith.. also Myers over Hag is a bit odd, Hag can be everywhere. She's scary af to play against as you're never safe going towards a pallet or just running in general. You have no idea where her traps are.

Sign In or Register to comment.