New Killer -- The Curse

Hello,

I’ve been working on this killer for several weeks, and I think I’ve gotten him to a good point. He’d be a unique addition to the killer lineup, and would be well-balanced and instill fear in survivors by causing them to have to play dangerously. The killer is:

The Curse

(These images were found on a Google Images search.)

Name: Josué Damestoir
Ethnicity: Haitian
Realm: Rural Louisiana Cemetery
Power: Ceaseless Agony
Weapon: Ceremonial Mace (The shaft is made from a long heavy black wood and the steel head is in the shape of a black serpent head biting down on a heart with its tail wrapped down the shaft)
Movement Speed: 4.6 m/s (115 percent)
Terror Radius: 28 meters
Height: Tall
Attack: Normal attack, normal lunge

Power: Ceaseless Agony

1) Use Power → Soul Capture (mechanics are the same as Freddy’s Dream Demon— hold down the button to bring up a reticle and when it is on a survivor, the survivor’s soul is captured) -- The Curse captures the soul of a healthy or injured survivor within 10 meters. Once The Curse hits a survivor with this power, he captures the soul in his doll. The whole process takes 4 seconds.

(The player icons of survivors whose souls have been captured will have a symbol on them.)

2) Use Secondary Power → Cursed Doll -- Curse the doll and drop it on the ground.
The action takes 1.5 seconds. (Hold the button down the entire time; releasing the button before the action is complete stops the action.) Fifteen seconds after the doll has been dropped, the curse takes effect.

(The doll is invisible to survivors before the curse takes effect and cannot be cleansed during this time.)

Any survivor whose soul was captured in the doll becomes cursed --- They have the broken status effect, even if they are healthy. Cursed survivors, however, can fully recover from the dying state.

When the cursed doll becomes active, a cursed land that has a 28-meter radius is created with the doll located somewhere inside it, not necessarily at the center. The cursed land causes no visual changes, but survivors inside the cursed land hear the terror radius heartbeat, which remains the same volume and tempo regardless of how close the survivor is to the doll.

(Survivors can use this auditory information to know they are in the vicinity of the cursed doll … or the killer!)

Your secondary power cannot be used within 32 meters of a hooked or dying survivor or in the basement.
(This is to make it harder to camp.)

Survivors cleanse the cursed doll the same way they cleanse totems; however, it is not a totem so Thrill of the Hunt will not work, nor is it a killer trap so Small Game cannot detect it. But a Map with Red Twine can detect it.

Once a cursed doll has been cleansed, any survivor cursed by that doll has the broken status effect removed and their souls returned.

The Curse cannot capture souls if he doesn’t have a doll. When a cursed doll has been cleansed or when all survivors whose souls are captured in the cursed doll are sacrificed, dead or have escaped, The Curse immediately gets a new doll.

Add-ons:

Brown 1 -- Slightly increase soul capture speed (By 1 second to 3 seconds)

Brown 2 -- Slightly increase soul capture range (by 4 meters to 14 meters)

Brown 3 -- Slightly increase the cursed land (by 4 meters to 32 meters)

Brown 4 -- Slightly delay the activation of the cursed doll (by 15 seconds to 30 seconds)

Yellow 1 -- Moderately increase soul capture speed (By 2 seconds to 2 seconds)

Yellow 2 -- Moderately increase soul capture range (by 8 meters to 18 meters)

Yellow 3 -- Moderately increase the cursed land (by 8 meters to 36 meters)

Yellow 4 -- Moderately delay the activation of the cursed doll (by 30 seconds to 45 seconds)

Yellow 5 -- The Curse can detect cursed survivors within 28 meters.

(The ceremonial mace makes the sound of a rattlesnake rattling and is only heard by The Curse, not the survivors.)

Green 1 -- Tremendously increase soul capture speed (By 3 seconds to 1 second)

Green 2 -- Tremendously increase soul capture range (by 12 meters to 22 meters)

Green 3 -- Tremendously increase the cursed land (by 12 meters to 40 meters)

Green 4 -- Tremendously delay the activation of the cursed doll (by 45 seconds to 1 minute)

Green 5 -- Cursed survivors suffer from the exhaustion status effect for 90 seconds.

Purple 1 -- When a cursed doll activates, it doesn’t create a cursed land. The cursed doll runs out of power in 2 minutes.

(After 2 minutes, the cursed doll is automatically cleansed.)

Purple 2 — The soul of the survivor who cleanses a cursed doll is captured by The Curse in his new doll.

Purple 3 — The Curse has one extra doll.

(When a cursed doll is active, this extra doll can be used to capture the souls of uncursed survivors. It also can be cursed while the other cursed doll is active, meaning there can be two active cursed dolls.)

Purple 4 -- The Curse can detect cursed survivors within 28 meters and strongly detect cursed survivors within 16 meters.

(The ceremonial mace’s rattle becomes louder when a survivor is within 16 meters.)

Red 1 -- A healthy Obsession becomes injured when cursed.
You become obsessed with one survivor
Only one obsession per trial

Red 2 -- To create a cursed doll, The Curse must hit each survivor with soul capture twice. His movement speed is tremendously reduced (by 10 percent to 105 percent). Once The Curse has created the cursed doll, the cursed land spreads over the entire map, the cursed doll cannot be cleansed, his movement speed is increased to 115 percent, and he can kill survivors by his own hands.

Mori: Dwight looks up in terror as The Curse points his ceremonial mace down at him. Dwight screams as the weapon turns into a real snake. In a flash, it drops the heart and slithers inside Dwight’s mouth, disappearing down his throat. The Curse holds the mace’s shaft above his victim, and the snake bursts forth out of Dwight’s chest with his still beating heart in its mouth in an explosion of blood, wrapping itself around the shaft as it emerges. The snake, with its fangs sunk deep into a new prize, then turns back into the steel snake he was moments before. Dwight lies dead on the ground with the heart of The Curse’s previous victim by his side.

Perks: I’d be happy with him having any 3 perks that are good. IMO a good perk and a good killer are two seperate things (e.g. The Huntress) so I didn’t include any.

And as for the backstory, if BHVR actually chose to make The Curse (which would be freaking awesome), I’m sure they could write something much better than I could. :)

I had a lot of fun coming up with this. Thanks for reading and let me know what you think!

Comments

• Dead_by_DavidDead_by_David Member Posts: 138

This is good but all I can think of is the spirit of jazz from the mighty boosh when I see the picture xD

• Steamtastic_VagabondSteamtastic_Vagabond Member Posts: 15
    edited January 9
    Hello,

I’ve been working on this killer for several weeks, and I think I’ve gotten him to a good point. He’d be a unique addition to the killer lineup, and would be well-balanced and instill fear in survivors by causing them to have to play dangerously. The killer is:

The Curse

Never actually considered Baron Samedi as a killer, interesting idea.
  • MongByeolBuddiesMongByeolBuddies Member Posts: 9

@Dead_by_David said:
    This is good but all I can think of is the spirit of jazz from the mighty boosh when I see the picture xD

@Steamtastic_Vagabond said:
    Hello,

The Curse

Never actually considered Baron Samedi as a killer, interesting idea.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the comments! I think The Curse would work well and be a lot of fun to play for several reasons.

1) A lot of people have posted on forums that they wish they could place their own totems. Well, essentially, The Curse lets you place one "powerful totem" wherever you want, whenever you want, likely multiple times in a match!

2) People playing The Curse will have to decide when to curse the doll. Do you wait until all four souls are captured to curse the doll or do you curse it when you only have 1 or 2 souls? More choice = More fun.

3) The Curse either slows down the game in a fun way or makes the game more dangerous for the survivors. Instead of the game being slowed down by having to mend, snap out of it or remove a RBT, which is just holding down a button, hitting a button at the right time and running around to easy-to-find locations on the map, respectively, The Curse slows the game down by making survivors have to go on a "treasure hunt." And if they choose not to look for the doll, then they better be sure to hide and evade The Curse well because he turns survivors into No Mither mains without No Mither benefits.

As for the look, I think Baron Samedi looks cool! But any creepy Voodoo look works for me. :)